Litchfield Version 4 Maps, Powered by EcuTek - Page 6 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th December 2013, 06:41 PM   #101 (permalink)
Grant Hay is unaware they can edit their status
GTROC Member

Had my stage 1 car updated to version 4 today by Iain.

As usual , faultless service from Iain and excellent aftersales support, Extremely happy with the car.

Im one of the children that's Hoping Iain can send me a final revision with some pops on the overrun.

Now its just a case of saving for stage 4 next year
Old 10th December 2013, 07:13 PM   #102 (permalink)
Ja5on is GTRless
Registered

Cars owned: Clio 182, EVO IX FQ MR360, Leon TDI FR. Now: R35 GT-R MY10 Gunmetal Premium
May not get it done tonight.

Just done a wee drive to pick up our dinner and I think the car feels smoother.... Car never got up to temp so no foot down stuff.

I'll hopefully get it done tomorrow Iain. Please can I have some pops and bangs?
Old 10th December 2013, 07:38 PM   #103 (permalink)
GTRCallum is Keepin her lit
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR / Evo 9 MR RS / Nemo Van
Can someone please clarify what LTC actually is?

Is it traction control, but somewhere in between 'R' mode and 'Off'?

If it is then I am looking forward to bolting on my Stage 4 stuff and getting this loaded into the ECU as I find 'R' mode cuts the power to violently and when 'Off' I just keep getting the 4wd light on the dash flashing and the car going into 2wd mode (it is fun for a short while first though)

Old 10th December 2013, 08:52 PM   #104 (permalink)
Ja5on is GTRless
Registered

Cars owned: Clio 182, EVO IX FQ MR360, Leon TDI FR. Now: R35 GT-R MY10 Gunmetal Premium
Can take you out in mine if you like Callum to feel what it's like?
Old 10th December 2013, 08:56 PM   #105 (permalink)
vxrcymru is a carbon fetishist
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR Stage 5 & Evo X FQ400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchfield View Post
Brad, Below are the 2 main settings we offer. We can of cause tailor the setup to suit each customer but this is our current default settings.

Standard Version 4 file:
Selectable maps based on Fuel octane
Higher Resolution maps
Adjustable boost in all maps
Adjustable Launch RPM
Litchfield Traction Control (LTC) works conjunction with Nissan's VDC system in both Normal and Race mode. The LTC is also functioning when Nissan's TC is switched off. The Driver can also switch everything off completed if required.
Litchfield Safety trips

Motorsport Version 4 file:
Selectable maps based on Fuel octane
Higher Resolution maps
Adjustable boost in all maps
Adjustable Launch RPM
Adjustable Boost On The Line (BOTL) when in Launch mode
Adjustable Rolling Launch / Boost
Super R Transmission mode
Litchfield Traction Control (LTC)
Litchfield Safety trips

Other features can be added such as extra pops and bangs (you know who you are ), flex fuel, etc.

Jason, will keep an eye out as I have a few to do tonight

Regards

Iain
Ian

thanks for this, V clear and thanks again for your mapping efforts its very much appreciated.

Looking forward to trying the rolling launch, sounds like fun

Dylan
Old 10th December 2013, 08:57 PM   #106 (permalink)
Litchfield is unaware they can edit their status
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R35 GTR
Callum, Our Traction Control setup is designed sit as an extra layer above the original systems. It starts working gently before the Normal Nissan VDC setup has reacted. We donít close the throttle (like the Nissan system) so itís a smooth reduction of power, varies with speed and the amount of wheel spin detected. Our traction control intervention kicks in more aggressively as needed and you can still trigger Nissanís VDC safety net in R mode. However now itís not as harsh if it does intervene. It also means you can keep Nissanís stability control which brakes individual wheels to balance the car in Normal and R mode.
You can run the LTC on its own with all of Nissan VDC systems off and you can turn it off as well

Jason, Pops and bangs can be added once the general mapping is complete You've got to send me your first log at least
Web:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Twitter: @Litchfield_UK

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Litchfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 09:07 PM   #107 (permalink)
GT-RDC Founder Member

Ian,

when launching using BOTL what settings would you recommend given the new LTC ---- RC superR?
Old 10th December 2013, 11:42 PM   #108 (permalink)
Zagato is Is going for a GTC titan 102mm and a stage 4 upgrade :)

Cars owned: GTR R35, Alfa SZ
Looks like I better get my car booked in fast......why is it that I'm most exited by the "pops and bangs" map though ....lol
Old 10th December 2013, 11:56 PM   #109 (permalink)
matthewk is waiting for Mook to update his member status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato View Post
Looks like I better get my car booked in fast......why is it that I'm most exited by the "pops and bangs" map though ....lol
I'm the same, I spent most of my time driving the GT-R looking for a good tunnel.
Old 11th December 2013, 07:10 AM   #110 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered

Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
I don't get the pops and bangs obsession. It's not a rally car!

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 08:29 AM   #111 (permalink)
Protegimus is remembering GT-R LMS4 motorsport
Registered

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
There are high performance GT cars too Adam.

Protegimus
Old 11th December 2013, 09:03 AM   #112 (permalink)
GT-RDC Founder Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
I don't get the pops and bangs obsession. It's not a rally car!
Just a bit of fun for us wanna be chavs, I imagine you're waiting for a fully electric zero noise R37.
Old 11th December 2013, 09:16 AM   #113 (permalink)
Webber is at stage 4.25

Cars owned: R35 GTR and Range Rover Vogue
Anybody tried the rolling launch yet? I'm interested to hear feedback on that
Old 11th December 2013, 09:55 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxrcymru View Post
Just a bit of fun for us wanna be chavs, I imagine you're waiting for a fully electric zero noise R37.
When you drive a powerful electric car, you'll want one too! Not so keen on zero noise, give me a ferrari V8 and I'd have a loud exhaust, or even an RB26, which is a glorious engine. Those sounds should be heard. Sadly the VR38 sounds dull and is best silenced.

Also, I don't see the point in making cars loud at idle when they are just annoying people and preventing me from hearing nicer things like my choice of music. When you open the taps you want the noise, but when the car is just here you happen to be until you get to your destination, I'd love it to be silent.

Does that make sense?

Old 11th December 2013, 10:22 AM   #115 (permalink)
Satan is skint, but with a stupidly big grin !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchfield View Post
Callum, Our Traction Control setup is designed sit as an extra layer above the original systems. It starts working gently before the Normal Nissan VDC setup has reacted. We donít close the throttle (like the Nissan system) so itís a smooth reduction of power, varies with speed and the amount of wheel spin detected. Our traction control intervention kicks in more aggressively as needed and you can still trigger Nissanís VDC safety net in R mode. However now itís not as harsh if it does intervene. It also means you can keep Nissanís stability control which brakes individual wheels to balance the car in Normal and R mode.
You can run the LTC on its own with all of Nissan VDC systems off and you can turn it off as well

Jason, Pops and bangs can be added once the general mapping is complete You've got to send me your first log at least
Iain

Is this likely to cure the problem of TC cutting in when accelerating down hill? I have a particular piece of road that drops right on a downhill bend with about a mile of view leading to some lovely twisty's so need to get the overtaking done and clear the traffic ready to enjoy the bends.

With TC in Normal or Race as I boot it to overtake the system just cuts the power completely and I have to fully lift and try again. (I haven't got the ba$$s to try it with TC off) It often happens on downhill sections and is a real annoyance.

Will the LTC sort this out? Does evryone else find the same issue?

Satan
Old 11th December 2013, 10:24 AM   #116 (permalink)
Buzby is Bwarrrpp
GTROC Member

Cars owned: TVR Cerbera RR, R32 GTR, e46 CSL, stage 5 CTTS, R35B Stage 4
It's personal taste Adam I guess but with the right exhaust the VR can sound like highly tuned V series engine, dull would not be a word I would use to describe the sound track

Equally you can't tell me that when you first got it you didn't hunt for a tunnel run? After all we're all 10 years old again when we hit the starter button...
Old 11th December 2013, 10:44 AM   #117 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan View Post
Iain

Is this likely to cure the problem of TC cutting in when accelerating down hill? I have a particular piece of road that drops right on a downhill bend with about a mile of view leading to some lovely twisty's so need to get the overtaking done and clear the traffic ready to enjoy the bends.

With TC in Normal or Race as I boot it to overtake the system just cuts the power completely and I have to fully lift and try again. (I haven't got the ba$$s to try it with TC off) It often happens on downhill sections and is a real annoyance.

Will the LTC sort this out? Does evryone else find the same issue?

Satan
Always happens even with VDC off. I guessed it was an in built safety feature given the long longitudinal nature of the drivetrain assembly. Downward loading on the transmission and driveshafts during acceleration may over stress these components.

Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s

charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 11:07 AM   #118 (permalink)
OldBob is trying to sell the pork
Registered

Cars owned: Currently:911.2 Turbo S, Cayman S, Cayman R, Mk7Golf R, Seat Ibiza FR
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post
Always happens even with VDC off. I guessed it was an in built safety feature given the long longitudinal nature of the drivetrain assembly. Downward loading on the transmission and driveshafts during acceleration may over stress these components.
This was talked about in another thread too and as CC says, certainly with previous maps and stock the car is renowned for this behaviour even some report with VDC off. I can't say for all conditions VDC off can make it better but certainly the particular conditions I've had it happen on tracks (in R) have been better turning VDC off.

Last edited by OldBob; 11th December 2013 at 11:10 AM..
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 11:12 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered

Buzby,

I thought the impreza sounded better. Didn't stop me from buying the evo which sounded like a hair dryer.

Then had a V6 slk which sounded excellent.

Never had a truly incredible sounding car, and think the GT-R maintains that.

Satan,

The LTC confused me because the trouble with the stock TC is that it was over sensitive. You'd think you'd want to switch it off and switch on a less sensitive system.

What Iain has done is produced a more sensitive system with a less harsh correction.

The LTC intervenes sooner than stock and kills the power without closing the throttles. By closing the throttles the stock TC removes inertia from the engine and so you can't simply get back on the power, it has lost its kinetic energy and needs to regain that from somewhere in order to bring the power back in.

The LTC manages to fix the wheel spin before the stock TC has a chance to irretrievably kill the power. It makes for a brilliant set up because it enables you to run with the VDC in any position and when on it means you don't lose the use of the stock dynamic stability control.

Must say I was very impressed with the implementation as it allows you the best of all worlds, and allows cars with grossly enhanced power outputs to not be handicapped by the stock system.

If LTC is turned off and my car is left at the mercy of the stock TC, my throttles would be oscillating permanently.

The other benefit is that I can run the LTC whilst in launch mode. Theoretically it should have an impact on my 0-60, especially combined with BOTL.

Old 11th December 2013, 03:32 PM   #120 (permalink)
Protegimus is remembering GT-R LMS4 motorsport
Registered

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Adam for many of us it's not just about getting somewhere .quicker, it's about adding some character to the driving experience. 50% of the driving experience, I'm not surprised many don't feel that much of a connection with the GT-R, it sound like a bloody vacuum cleaner "sucking up the Earth's hydrocarbon reserves" as one Honda engineer succinctly put it

Matt Maunder of Ricardo stated, "if you've paid extra money for a sports car, you really want to have something that's going to make ...the hairs on the back of your neck stand up".
"Japanese don't seem to care about the sound of their cars, so they're quite happy to have something quiet and innocuous".

I think he's got it spot on and I want my super GT car to have a bit of raunch, spit flame at the rush hour traffic and produce a gunshot barrage to wake up the 'texters'.

It's almost pointless having noise only when you open the taps too, as the opportunity for that is quite rare. Give me pops on the overrun, bangs on gear shift.

Audi and Merc are building advertising campaigns around noise (what will the neighbours think of running your R8 with no silencers?) as they scrabble for a piece of the Ferrari/Lamborghini/muscle car market. The "British" have it in their DNA, Aston, Lotus ...that latest Jaguar has had more sound production than an X Factor contestant.

The beauty of the GT-R, is with its solid state heart; we can turn this stuff on or off on demand!

So it's not just shouting about it, it's part of the driving experience for some of us. Maybe it's just my age.

LTC is a significant improvement on the factory implementation, which we all agree could be very intrusive. It is something Nissan themselves have improved for the nismo edition (specifically due to the intervention on downhill sections of the 'ring according to the development information - something which I regarded as a liability).

Will check when next logging if the downhill intervention is improved.
Produces an epic crack due to the ignition retard on a WOT log run due to a surface change on the crest of a rise, awesome!

Protegimus
'59 Black R35 Black Edition :: Akrapovic Carbon/Ti cat back :: GTC Ti Y-pipe :: EcuTek LMS4.25 :: Alcons/Pagid RS-29/Goodridge lines :: Litchfield Handling Kit/Eibach ARB's :: RSW Carbon - gone but not forgotten
Protegimus is offline   Reply With Quote