GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Festive hoon roll call - ACE Cafe (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/223513-festive-hoon-roll-call-ace-cafe.html)

TimmayK 27th December 2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 2316593)
You are kidding right?

There is a car wash run by a professional detailer right next door the meet. 10 outside, 15 in and out.

Is their really a good car wash next to this as i haven't cleaned mine and was the only reason i wasn't going to go??

deankenny 27th December 2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmayK (Post 2316777)
Is their really a good car wash next to this as i haven't cleaned mine and was the only reason i wasn't going to go??

Pretty much same reason as me. I was not going to go because the car is filthy. But I managed to get in an hour and a half cleaning today before it got dark, it's far from perfect but its overall clean now :)

Probably still going to get this valet place to take a look though, as there's some bits I just can't clean off, and it's bugging me.

Henry 145 27th December 2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2316785)
Pretty much same reason as me. I was not going to go because the car is filthy. But I managed to get in an hour and a half cleaning today before it got dark, it's far from perfect but its overall clean now :)

Probably still going to get this valet place to take a look though, as there's some bits I just can't clean off, and it's bugging me.

Dean please have a name badge with 'I am the messiah'

TimmayK 27th December 2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2316785)

If this is true and their is a car wash i think i'll make the 2.5 hour trip as mine is very dirty and it's not booked in to be re detailed until 2 weeks time as the paints gone swirly again.

Adamantium 27th December 2013 09:16 PM

First of all, it's there, not their!!!!

Second, it's over the rainbow car wash. They know gtr paintwork backwards. That snow foam and two bucket. With grit guards and use lambs wool mitts and microfiber cloths. All products are g-technique. Air dried with an air line and synthetic chamois.

Usually my car is done over two hours, tomorrow they won't have as much time.

Look it up if in doubt. No one else has washed my car since I bought it.

JasonNT 27th December 2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 2316593)
You are kidding right?

There is a car wash run by a professional detailer right next door the meet. 10 outside, 15 in and out.

Yeah, its where I normally take mine :thumbsup: - I'm guessing he's going to be open though?

If not, it will just have to be a filthy mota!

deankenny 27th December 2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 2316857)

Second, it's over the rainbow car wash. They know gtr paintwork backwards. That snow foam and two bucket. With grit guards and use lambs wool mitts and microfiber cloths. All products are g-technique. Air dried with an air line and synthetic chamois.

Look up over the rainbow car wash.

God, how I wish something like this was near me.

You guys near big cities get it easy.

JasonNT 27th December 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2316873)

Apart from the being stuck in traffic 99% of the time and it taking 2 hours to get anywhere interesting to drive :)

Henry 145 27th December 2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2316873)

Dean get spotless to do your car...mention me to the owner Tim

Adamantium 27th December 2013 09:21 PM

Actually Alfie's place is the only one that I know of that does this.

deankenny 27th December 2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry 145 (Post 2316897)
Dean get spotless to do your car...mention me to the owner Tim

Nice shout Henry, just looking at the website now, they are mobile, this is awesome.

Do you know if they use the 2 bucket technique etc.

TimmayK 27th December 2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 2316857)

Look it up if in doubt. No one else has washed my car since I bought it.

their smear it's all the same their, there.

Sounds good to me, just asking the wife if she is up for it.

Henry 145 27th December 2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2316921)
Nice shout Henry, just looking at the website now, they are mobile, this is awesome.

Do you know if they use the 2 bucket technique etc.

Yes they do some serious high end stuff

deankenny 27th December 2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmayK (Post 2316929)
their smear it's all the same their, there.

Oh god, not this can of worms again.

Adamantium 27th December 2013 09:26 PM

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/148723-so...ml#post1426027

If you want to see.

Adamantium 27th December 2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmayK (Post 2316929)

Don't waste your time, if she's anything like my wife, the answer's always the same.

TimmayK 27th December 2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 2316969)
Don't waste your time, if she's anything like my wife, the answers always the same.

She's coming with me but as i don't know anyone at all i haven't a clue who is who.

deankenny 27th December 2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmayK (Post 2316985)
She's coming with me but as i don't know anyone at all i haven't a clue who is who.

Same, I also don't know who is who either.

TimmayK 27th December 2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2316993)
Same, I also don't know who is who either.

I'll be in a Black GTR and my number plate says my name so i'm easy to spot. The detailers open at 9:30 as i've just spoken to him on Facebook and got his mobile number incase i can't find him. I should be arriving at 8:30 so will be setting off at 6am.

deankenny 27th December 2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmayK (Post 2317009)
I'll be in a Black GTR and my number plate says my name so i'm easy to spot. The detailers open at 9:30 as i've just spoken to him on Facebook and got his mobile number incase i can't find him. I should be arriving at 8:30 so will be setting off at 6am.

Good one, I might give him a shout on FB too :)

I don't have personalised plate but i'm extremely easy to spot, just look for the driver who looks 12, and looks like he's stolen the car rather than the owner ;)