GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Not Just Your Average Newbie........ (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/223514-not-just-your-average-newbie.html)

GrammarPolice 25th December 2013 01:17 PM

Not Just Your Average Newbie........

Hello from the GrammarPolice

Long time browser first time poster.

I have been reading this forum for the past 6 months to build up my knowledge of the R35 in order to aid me in a future purchase, sooner rather than later I hope.

I have enjoyed some characters more than others but as a group, you are all a class act! Bar that one person having a personal fight with Mook and Toni.

I have closely followed the projects section, with my stand out being Adamantiums car and splking (hope I've spelt those correctly, oh the irony). Both cars are absolutely fantastic and I have actually seen the latter a few times in Harley Street, up from my mums work (no. 10). In the flesh it is a beast, the brakes look phenomenal so a big thumbs up.

Before I get too carried away, I thought I would join and get to know a few of you better and maybe attend a meeting/gathering at some point! (The Ace Cafe one looks good if anyone would like a passenger and lives in north london :)).

After all the debates regarding grammar on this forum (see DeanKenny) I thought it would be fitting to be the judge ;).

Finally, a big Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year!

Yours Truly
GrammarPolice

N.B - DeanKenny I'm just pulling your leg. Any queries please contact me..........I doubt I will reply but it's worth a try right?

Also, spot the mistakes, the winner gets a prize........

goRt 25th December 2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarPolice (Post 2310618)
I have closely followed the projects section, with my stand out being Adamantiums..

Adamantium's!

GrammarPolice 25th December 2013 01:43 PM

Very good but you have missed a few before that! No prize yet mate

DonnyMac 25th December 2013 01:55 PM

Ellipsis = 3

barry P. 25th December 2013 01:59 PM

Hello from the Grammar Police, long time browser first time poster.

wmd_gtr 25th December 2013 01:59 PM

Hello mate ! I am very glad your on this form , as some of the spelling and grammer and punctuation are attricious ! Because your maybe people can learn from you're intelligance and get smarter !

Merry Christmas too you to !

GrammarPolice 25th December 2013 02:03 PM

Great spot donnymac!
Wmd_gtr, thank you for the kind words, I am here to spread the joy of Christmas and grammar :).

Who says it can't be fun? By the way, your spelling is absolutely top notch, bravo

wmd_gtr 25th December 2013 02:12 PM

I do try. Use of correct grammar should be compulsory (even though I'm prone to a mistake or two).

Sad thing is some people would find it difficult to spot the mistakes in my previous post!

Yes! I agree it can be fun! I might start throwing in the odd mistake or two into my otherwise mundane posts!

Henry 145 25th December 2013 02:15 PM

This is the best Christmas present ever for our Dean!

wmd_gtr 25th December 2013 02:16 PM

#sharingthegrammar

GrammarPolice 25th December 2013 02:17 PM

Haha, well some r not so clued up about the importance of grammar.

All I wanted for Christmas was snow and food and Yorkshire pudding and cake.

Although i must admit DeanKenny is actually one of my favourite posters, you don't see so much passion these days with the doom mongers.

I hope 2014 is the bestest year!

wmd_gtr 25th December 2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarPolice (Post 2310794)
Although i must admit DeanKenny is actually one of my favourite posters, you don't see so much passion these days with the doom mongers.

+1 love the enthusiasm

GrammarPolice 25th December 2013 02:27 PM

I would actually love to meet him in person one day, even if it is at McDonalds, he can have a happy meal on me.

But seriously I bet he's actually a good guy to chill out with, could be wrong through.

Buzby 25th December 2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry 145 (Post 2310778)
This is the best Christmas present ever for our Dean!

I would of thought a 'speak and spell' would be more apt?

Welcome to the forum Grammar Police

GrammarPolice 25th December 2013 02:31 PM

Thank you buzby.

I think it would be actually but I don't think dean would accept the challenge

Henry 145 25th December 2013 03:06 PM

I wonder if Grammar Police and Deankenny are one and the same?!

GrammarPolice 25th December 2013 03:10 PM

Rest assured your claim is incorrect. For anyone requiring further assistance in this matter I may be at the meet on Saturday.

Oh I forgot about Flynn! What a great great man. Even though a lot may not see eye to eye with him I think he is quality! People need to take his offences less seriously, but really he is a top bloke

Buzby 25th December 2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarPolice (Post 2310962)
Rest assured your claim is incorrect. For anyone requiring further assistance in this matter I may be at the meet on Saturday.

Oh I forgot about Flynn! What a great great man. Even though a lot may not see eye to eye with him I think he is quality! People need to take his offences less seriously, but really he is a top bloke

Flynn, is that you? Have your horns been replaced with a halo? It can't be, can it? :D

FLYNN 25th December 2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzby (Post 2311010)
Flynn, is that you? Have your horns been replaced with a halo? It can't be, can it? :D

No. Im still a nob.

Hope everyone has a shit christmas and they catch AIDS

GrammarPolice 25th December 2013 03:43 PM

Haha no it's not. It's someone new on the forum.

Your going to the meet on Saturday right?