Considering selling my stage 4 GT-R - but how much? - Page 2 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th March 2014, 11:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
alex_123_fra is now on stage 4
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: B7 RS4, B8 S4, Noble M400, Evo VIII MR FQ340, R32, E46 M3, Type-R
I suppose the other option when the time comes is to give it to Rs direct or see if Iain will advertise to sell. The benefit with the latter is I could pay for a year's warranty as he knows the car and the new buyer would feel even more confident in the purchase. Haven't enquired on the fees of either though.
Old 9th March 2014, 12:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered

Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Henry, think you are wrong about nav resolution, the pn for the screen remains unchanged since nav was introduced.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 01:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
saucyboy is Enjoying every journey!!

Cars owned: Noble M12 GTO-3, 996 Turbo, Now- 172 Cup, R32 GT-R, R35 GT-R
Alex mate, sorry to see you your selling up fella. Good luck with the sell and what ever you get next

Old 9th March 2014, 01:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Henry, think you are wrong about nav resolution, the pn for the screen remains unchanged since nav was introduced.
There is definitely a change could be wide screen or something...normally I would not dare challenge you Adam as you know more about gtr than most but having had 59 plat and 10 plate cars I am pretty sure I am right!
Old 9th March 2014, 02:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
mallockman is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 2010 GTR R35 Titanium Grey Litchfield Stg 1 Mallock Mk34 Supersports
Nissan Press release re MY2010 changes: - Sat Nav Screen changes from VGA (640x480) to Wide VGA (typically 800x480)

Changes to the 2010 Nissan GT-R European Spec (EU)

Production of GT-R Model year 2010 will start from December 09. This will bring some small changes in the technical features and appearance of the car.

Changes in the performance

As a result of complying to Euro 5 emission certification level the CO2 emissions will be slightly lowered to 295g/km and the combined fuel consumption will be 12.5 l/100km. The change will not however affect the maximum power output of the car. Please note that these figures are pending the final European homologation that should be done in December 09.

Changes in the technical features

Suspension

By changing the front spring and damper rates, the ride comfort is improved, while handling becomes even more dynamic thanks to improved responsiveness and more accurate control of suspension movements. At the rear, the stiffness of the suspension radius rod bushings has been
increased, giving improved feel and responsiveness during cornering.

Cooling

To improve cooling around the rear of the car, two additional NACA cooling ducts have been added to the carbon fibre underfloor diffuser which will provide additional cooling to the exhaust and gearbox. Furthermore, a new, larger diameter pipe connecting the oil cooler will reduce gearbox temperatures.

Transmission

The logic controlling torque distribution between the front and rear axles when the GT-R is manoeuvring at low speeds just after start-up, when fluids are cold, has been altered to reduce rear-axle ‘binding’. Furthermore, the logic in the gearbox has been changed to give a later downshift from 6th to 5th when being driven in automatic mode, but a more aggressive downshift pattern is adopted when changing down from 4th to 3rd and from 3rd to 2nd gear. Another small, but significant update has been to the front transmission mount, which has been stiffened, reducing vibration through the driveline under high-load conditions.

Brake system

The balance of the electonic brakeforce distribution bias has been moved slightly rearwards, giving greater braking stability in dry conditions, while a change in design of the rear brake cross spring has reduced noise and a modified air deflector increases rear brake cooling.

Battery

The battery capacity has improved from 45 Ah for 20 hour to 52 Ah for 20 hour, which also increased the battery weight by 500g.

Other changes

Wider navigation screen (from VGA type to wide VGA)

Gun metallic finish added around speedometer and rev counter

Darker finish to Nissan & GT-R emblems and wheel centre caps

Double clear coat on front and rear bumpers (previously single coat) giving a deeper colour finish

Head rests shape changed slightly

Additional rear seat insulation for improved noise and vibration inside the vehicle

Last edited by mallockman; 9th March 2014 at 02:33 PM..
mallockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 02:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
R35 Boxer is loving the MY17 LM900!

Cars owned: LM850 GTR, Audi RS6, Range Rover Vogue, Bentley Mulsanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry 145 View Post
There is definitely a change could be wide screen or something...normally I would not dare challenge you Adam as you know more about gtr than most but having had 59 plat and 10 plate cars I am pretty sure I am right!
I agree there is definitely a big difference between the screens on MY09 and MY10, most likely the resolution of the screen has been increased.
Old 9th March 2014, 04:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Cars owned: MY13 R8 V10 spyder
Ive seen a difference between Non nav and nav resolutions. Not sure on 10 vin and 12 vin
Old 9th March 2014, 05:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
goRt is busy making lists
GT-RDC Member

Location: North Hampshire - Andover / Basingstoke / Winchester
Cars owned: 3*DBA, Elise SC, Golf Mk6r, MY10, 2*Golf R32, e46 M3, STI9 scooby, lots of other scoobies, 205 GTI, MG Maestro, Metro turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNN View Post
Ive seen a difference between Non nav and nav resolutions. Not sure on 10 vin and 12 vin
I am
Old 9th March 2014, 05:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Pics please. Would be interested in seeing the difference
Old 9th March 2014, 05:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

What I think happened though is that some '59 MY09s received the MY10 HDD Nav screen systems. Certainly comparing mine to any other MY10/11+ GTR I have seen, there is no difference in screen size or resolution. I'm a massive PC geek and have a variety of different resolution panels at home including a 4k display so I'd like to think I'm quite sensitive to changes in res, hence I'd notice.

Re: the remaining changes, fair enough and I had heard about those to be fair. When speaking to Iain Litchfield though about MY09 vs MY10 cars prior to purchasing my car, his view was the differences are negligible. Differences between the MY10 and MY11 though are vast in comparison.
Old 9th March 2014, 05:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: 3*DBA, Elise SC, Golf Mk6r, MY10, 2*Golf R32, e46 M3, STI9 scooby, lots of other scoobies, 205 GTI, MG Maestro, Metro turbo
Quote:
Pics please. Would be interested in seeing the difference
Only have the MY11, but there are usually some good pictures here:
Nissan Used Cars Chichester West Sussex | Targa Florio Cars

Old 9th March 2014, 05:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

What 4k screen you got. I have the new Dell 32"

Can someone put up a pic of a Vin 10 and a Vin 12 screen please. Id like to see the difference
Old 9th March 2014, 06:02 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
What 4k screen you got. I have the new Dell 32"

Can someone put up a pic of a Vin 10 and a Vin 12 screen please. Id like to see the difference
Dell UP3214Q (I assume the same as you).

I'd be interested too. The key here is I think there is a difference between the non-nav and nav screens. I'd be surprised if there is a difference between and nav screens though in the different MYs.
Old 9th March 2014, 06:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goRt View Post
Only have the MY11, but there are usually some good pictures here:
Nissan Used Cars Chichester West Sussex | Targa Florio Cars

Targa Florio are a mickey mouse company who only resell cars and cant afford to pay off finance on them before you purchase them.

I also see no decent pictures of the difference between Vin 10 and Vin 12 cars

Last edited by FLYNN; 9th March 2014 at 06:05 PM..
FLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 06:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_123_fra View Post
Dell UP3214Q (I assume the same as you).

I'd be interested too. The key here is I think there is a difference between the non-nav and nav screens. I'd be surprised if there is a difference between and nav screens though in the different MYs.
Off Topic:

What cards are you running. Ive got 2 x 690 GTX. Seems to run ok, but quad sli has its downsides. Thinking of buying a couple of the Titan Blacks, but also waiting on the 790 GTX
Old 9th March 2014, 06:09 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Off Topic:

What cards are you running. Ive got 2 x 690 GTX. Seems to run ok, but quad sli has its downsides. Thinking of buying a couple of the Titan Blacks, but also waiting on the 790 GTX
Have a soft spot for 690s, great cards. Tri-titans for me on the 4k panel. The 6GB VRAM helps quite a bit I suspect. I have 4 x GTX 780s in other systems around the house and I haven't tried them on the 4k panel. The Titan blacks will be good for that res for sure.
Old 9th March 2014, 06:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
chrisneeves is Thinking about another r35..
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_123_fra View Post
Thanks CT, good starting point. Hadn't seen that advert. The ebay car I think is a non-sat nav version and slightly older with more miles but the main difference as you say is the suspension.

So Ł38k+ may be doable. The ambitious part of me is thinking up to Ł40k given there will be nil extra for the new owner to pay but that may be advert price rather than final sale price.
My stage 5 sold for not a lot more and I included splitter and some other bits and bobs. In my opinion based on experience plenty of punters out there with 35-38Łk in the pockets for a good 09 gtr, a lot less when you start talking with a 4... Regardless of mods. I would say 36Łk and sell the suspension for 2Łk. You will achieve 37.5Łk ish in your pocket going down this route, and I doubt you will have to try particularly hard to sell either..
Old 9th March 2014, 06:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Now is the time to sell...car market like the property market. ..sun brings the punters out and supply now will be bring outstripped by demand for good cars...just look at amount of I want a gtr threads on here this week
Old 9th March 2014, 06:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Out of interest does black edition command value over premium on like for like age and miles on an 09 to 10 gtr?
Old 9th March 2014, 06:53 PM   #40 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Targa Florio are a mickey mouse company who only resell cars and cant afford to pay off finance on them before you purchase them.
I bought my Lotus from it (single company!) without issue, it had no finance on it and I paid cash, someone on here was collecting his GT-R at the same time.