Considering selling my stage 4 GT-R - but how much? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th March 2014, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
alex_123_fra is now on stage 4
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: B7 RS4, B8 S4, Noble M400, Evo VIII MR FQ340, R32, E46 M3, Type-R
Considering selling my stage 4 GT-R - but how much?

Hi all, after almost 2 years of very enjoyable ownership, it is approaching sale time. The car in my mind is almost flawless and very versatile in that I was able to enjoy it with both my kids in the back. Kids are now 4 and 2 and space behind my seat is just not enough for comfort plus the boot not big enough for the longer trips. So now considering an RS6 for the practicality but retaining some of the thrill.

What I don't know is what is a realistic number to aim for when advertising. I'd rather not put it back to standard as I feel it is pretty perfect as it is. I'd be really grateful for some suggestions on price as haven't been around on the forum in a while, so don't know what similarly specced cars have been sold for.

Spec is:
  • '59 Reg MY09 DMG Premium with HDD Nav, rear sensors/camera, bluetooth etc
  • 34.5k miles (I am the third owner and had it since 23k miles)
  • Service history Nissan up to 23k miles and since then Litchfield and Kaizer motors
  • Stage 4 Litchfield upgrade (air intakes, Miltek Y-pipe and rear exhaust section, 1100cc Bosch injectors, ECUtek custom mapped by Ian with latest versions around a month ago)
  • Litchfield Bellhousing - absolutely no vibrations or issues with this as opposed to the useless Nissan solution
  • Gearbox Circlips
  • Full Litchfield suspension upgrade and antiroll bar (fitted a month ago)
  • Brakes are all essentially brand new with new AP discs and pads in November (less than 2k miles ago) and tyres are MPSS with 5+ mm tread left all-round.

Any thoughts on how to price would be welcome.

Last edited by alex_123_fra; 8th March 2014 at 09:16 PM..
alex_123_fra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
You might find this interesting, it's not THAT different.

NISSAN GT-R 3.8 V6 BLACK EDITION GTR ~ LITCHFIELD STAGE 4 | eBay

If I am honest it seems a little cheap to me.
I'd expect your car to be worth about £38k or so myself, particularly with the suspension kit that is about £4,200 (IIRC?) supplied and fitted.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT17 View Post
You might find this interesting, it's not THAT different.

NISSAN GT-R 3.8 V6 BLACK EDITION GTR ~ LITCHFIELD STAGE 4 | eBay

If I am honest it seems a little cheap to me.
I'd expect your car to be worth about £38k or so myself, particularly with the suspension kit that is about £4,200 (IIRC?) supplied and fitted.
Thanks CT, good starting point. Hadn't seen that advert. The ebay car I think is a non-sat nav version and slightly older with more miles but the main difference as you say is the suspension.

So £38k+ may be doable. The ambitious part of me is thinking up to £40k given there will be nil extra for the new owner to pay but that may be advert price rather than final sale price.

Old 8th March 2014, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
vxrcymru is a carbon fetishist
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR Stage 5 & Evo X FQ400
As you say a nicely set up car for the next owner especially the suspension and circlips. You have some 10ks worth of extras there

If it was my car I would advertise it for £42,995 and see how it went.
Black MY2010 Black Edition, Litchfield Stage 5 - Switzer P800 turbos, Litchfield suspension, Alcon 400mm front and 380mm back discs with Pagid pads, circlips, front and rear cameras, auto folding mirrors & lots of CF. Advan RSD wheels!
vxrcymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Cars owned: MY13 R8 V10 spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxrcymru View Post
As you say a nicely set up car for the next owner especially the suspension and circlips. You have some 10ks worth of extras there

Indeed...Its always wise to put it up for a little over what you want, as people like to feel like they are winning, but at £42,995, people wont be calling anytime soon. That's a massively over estimated price.
Old 8th March 2014, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
gtr mart is fast and loud
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNN View Post
Indeed...Its always wise to put it up for a little over what you want, as people like to feel like they are winning, but at £42,995, people wont be calling anytime soon. That's a massively over estimated price.
Agreed. You recently sold on a similar motor but with forged engine and lm800 turbos for that money.

Sinth had a stage 4 that looked fantastic and had suspension mods. That was on for 38k or similar and didnt move.

I think you're looking at £33k trade and £36/37k private. I like the rs direct car and that also comes with dealer facilities and more come back in the event of a problem.
Old 8th March 2014, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxrcymru View Post

Bargain for spec
Old 8th March 2014, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Bargain for spec
Old 8th March 2014, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
JapFreak786 is .
GT-RDC Member

Priced right it will sell quickly,the problem I think is "average" folk don't know how good the Litchfield kit is, these more are etc and they see bhp figures only and what it feels like to drive.

Needs to be priced right to get the interest, and a good amount of photos. There are numerous new posters here wanting a GTR.
My Autotrader ad had 19 pics of my M3 that sold within 4 days of listing, maybe worth getting some done by a friend with an SLR or who knows how to shoot pictures properly.

Last edited by JapFreak786; 8th March 2014 at 11:19 PM..
JapFreak786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapFreak786 View Post
Priced right it will sell quickly,the problem I think is "average" folk don't know how good the Litchfield kit is, these more are etc and they see bhp figures only and what it feels like to drive.

Needs to be priced right to get the interest, and a good amount of ph
Indeed. Pitch a car too high, and no interest. Too low, and it can stigmatise it.

You need to tune out the sameheads that think their car is worth more than it is, just because they now own one. You see this alot across the forums

The cars are too expensive and should be cheaper when they are trying to buy one, then all of a sudden they've gone up 5 grand once theyve bought it.

Simpletons
Old 8th March 2014, 11:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sinth is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr mart View Post
Agreed. You recently sold on a similar motor but with forged engine and lm800 turbos for that money.

Sinth had a stage 4 that looked fantastic and had suspension mods. That was on for 38k or similar and didnt move.

I think you're looking at £33k trade and £36/37k private. I like the rs direct car and that also comes with dealer facilities and more come back in the event of a problem.
Yep.

Had to demod to recoup some money. Its sold now though but it didn't help that I was selling a performance car during winter.
Old 9th March 2014, 12:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post
Yep.

Had to demod to recoup some money. Its sold now though but it didn't help that I was selling a performance car during winter.
Mine sold within an hour
Old 9th March 2014, 01:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kevtga is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Litchfield Stage 4.25 with 102 exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNN View Post
Mine sold within an hour
Mine sold in the time it took me to type this almost witty reply
Old 9th March 2014, 03:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
goRt is busy making lists
GT-RDC Member

Location: North Hampshire - Andover / Basingstoke / Winchester
Cars owned: 3*DBA, Elise SC, Golf Mk6r, MY10, 2*Golf R32, e46 M3, STI9 scooby, lots of other scoobies, 205 GTI, MG Maestro, Metro turbo
My view would be to remove the suspension and sell that separately - that gets you the greatest value for the mod and reduces the price of the GT-R to the price point that others are looking to pay.
The pre my10 (12 in the vin) isn't that desirable.

Why are you selling a month after having the suspension swapped - that will set some bells ringing with a number of potential buyers?
Old 9th March 2014, 05:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
goRt is busy making lists
GT-RDC Member

Location: North Hampshire - Andover / Basingstoke / Winchester
Cars owned: 3*DBA, Elise SC, Golf Mk6r, MY10, 2*Golf R32, e46 M3, STI9 scooby, lots of other scoobies, 205 GTI, MG Maestro, Metro turbo
That's meant to be the nav isn't that desirable in pre my10 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goRt View Post
My view would be to remove the suspension and sell that separately - that gets you the greatest value for the mod and reduces the price of the GT-R to the price point that others are looking to pay.
The pre my10 (12 in the vin) isn't that desirable.

Why are you selling a month after having the suspension swapped - that will set some bells ringing with a number of potential buyers?
Old 9th March 2014, 08:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered

Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
The 12 vin is possibly THE single most insignificant change in spec of any gt-r revision. I'd be surprised if it makes a penny difference to the price.

I would definitely remove the suspension and sell it separately.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 09:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
The 12 vin is possibly THE single most insignificant change in spec of any gt-r revision. I'd be surprised if it makes a penny difference to the price.

I would definitely remove the suspension and sell it separately.
Have had both Adam and cooling is much better on the ones with 12 in Vin
Old 9th March 2014, 09:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks guys, useful info so far. I have thought about removing the suspension but it's a shame as the car is far better with it. I don't know how much a nearly new Lichfield kit would go for and the labour is in the £600 mark I believe.

In terms of the why sell a month after a suspension upgrade, it was a toss up of either keep the car and mod to the 800-850 mark or go for something new. I know I'll miss it terribly as I adore it but it really annoys me having my 2 year old really squashed behind my seat and the kids seem to require more and more things (bikes, scooters etc) which simply don't fit when going on longer trips. This problem seems to have exacerbated in the last 2 months or so hence the thoughts of sale. Yes I admit it was silly getting the suspension installed so recently only to decide now to sell. However I'd be selling in May most likely just after the next service.
Old 9th March 2014, 09:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered

Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Even at £600 to swap suspension I reckon you'll still claw more back.

Thanks for info Henry, I'm surprised by your thoughts. I know there's an additional NA a duct underneath but didn't expect anything more than a slight improvement.

If bothered I'd buy the different panel from a broken car.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 10:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Henry 145 is without a GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: M4 CP, R35GTR X 3, B8 RS4, 997 GT2, 997 GT3, 997TT, 996TT, Evo IX FQ-360, E46M3, RR Vogue and RRS TD V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Even at £600 to swap suspension I reckon you'll still claw more back.

Thanks for info Henry, I'm surprised by your thoughts. I know there's an additional NA a duct underneath but didn't expect anything more than a slight improvement.

If bothered I'd buy the different panel from a broken car.
Made a big difference to temps at Silverstone at same time of year and same outside temps - also sat navigation resolution better, and for standard cars the suspension more compliant