GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Does this gtr seem a fair price (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/246321-does-gtr-seem-fair-price.html)

Danny Danger 13th March 2014 06:18 PM

Does this gtr seem a fair price

Off to look at a silver 09 gtr that's covered 32000 miles, its up for 36k.

Guy says its mint condition ( they all do) and that its always been serviced by middlehurst.

Has 3 previous owners, had new rear tyres fitted but he said the fronts only have just over 2mm left on them, obviously they need replacing asap im just not sure how much to try and knock him down, that's if he will budge at all.

[email protected] 13th March 2014 06:36 PM

I bought my 2009 Stage 2 GTR from litchfield in December for 38k including 12 months litchfield warranty. Its a one owner car and had just been serviced.

It was fitted with Alcon Discs and had Gloss Black wheels with brand new Pilot Sports all round

Id say 36k for a 3 owner private sale is a bit overpriced. Id of thought 35k tops

NELLEE 13th March 2014 06:50 PM

Ive just bought an 09 Premium with stage 1 27k miles plenty left on the tyres and brakes. Is a total minter for 36k, I dindt even bother to try knock it down as it just seemed worth the money

Danny Danger 13th March 2014 09:38 PM

Well this is a black edition just serviced with 12 months mot. Gtr prices seem to fluctuate so much, I've noticed the good ones sell very quickly.

CT17 13th March 2014 09:51 PM

Not sure why you'd change two tyres and leave two.
Personally I'd only change a set of four.
Unless it's been run on a tight budget.

Seems a bit overpriced to me being the early non-nav car with the milage.
I'd have thought 34k tops. With a set of decent tyres.

deankenny 13th March 2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT17 (Post 2579417)
Not sure why you'd change two tyres and leave two.
Personally I'd only change a set of four.
Unless it's been run on a tight budget.

Seems a bit overpriced to me being the early non-nav car with the milage.
I'd have thought 34k tops. With a set of decent tyres.

Agreed, theres a little bit of a price difference between 09 non nav cars to nav cars.

27k 09 with good tyres and brakes, should be 34k to 35k tops.

Danny Danger 13th March 2014 09:58 PM

So really I should be paying 34k with 2 new front tyres, he ain't going to drop the price that much.

deankenny 13th March 2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Danger (Post 2579449)
So really I should be paying 34k with 2 new front tyres, he ain't going to drop the price that much.

Yes, I'd be hoping to be negotiating around this price for such a car, if it was white, you would be close to 35-36k, that would be the only reason price would be above is if it was a white GT-R.

I have seen dealers list non-white GT-R's at the price of a white one at similar spec/milage, not aware of the premium people pay and are charging for the 09-59-10 plate White GT-R's.

Maybe worth letting him know this ;)

Danny Danger 13th March 2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2579473)
Yes, I'd be hoping to be negotiating around this price for such a car, if it was white, you would be close to 35-36k, that would be the only reason price would be above is if it was a white GT-R.

I have seen dealers list non-white GT-R's at the price of a white one at similar spec/milage, not aware of the premium people pay and are charging for the 09-59-10 plate White GT-R's.

Maybe worth letting him know this ;)

I've noticed White gtrs are being sold from 4k upwards more, I seems madness to me, White can't stay popular forever.

deankenny 13th March 2014 10:06 PM

True, but end of the day the paying public set the price, and I for one only wanted a White one, I would not settle for any other colour, guessing that's not just me, as I check weekly on prices and as you say, White GT-Rs are fetching hefty premiums still.

SamboGrove 13th March 2014 10:11 PM

That's because only cool people can drive white GT-Rs :cool:

Danny Danger 13th March 2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2579521)
True, but end of the day the paying public set the price, and I for one only wanted a White one, I would not settle for any other colour, guessing that's not just me, as I check weekly on prices and as you say, White GT-Rs are fetching hefty premiums still.

I wish my timing was better as I would of had yours, not much on autotrader. Quite a few high mileage ones that seem overpriced to me.

Henry 145 13th March 2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamboGrove (Post 2579537)
That's because only cool people can drive white GT-Rs :cool:

And dean

deankenny 13th March 2014 10:15 PM

Does my name not even deserve a capital letter :(

Edit: Then looks at my own username, Facepalm ;)

Henry 145 13th March 2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deankenny (Post 2579593)

I assumed I should spell it how you do!

SamboGrove 13th March 2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Lol :p

Grimblin Gibbon 14th March 2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Supose thats one way to :flame: yourself! :thumbsup:

NELLEE 14th March 2014 08:41 AM

Well reading the posts looks like i paid a couple of grand to much for mine, as non NAv ect....

Bugger,, when i asked people to review the car/price ect the only reply i got was (Read the forum) or something like that.:mad:

Still amazing though!!:thumbsup:

deankenny 14th March 2014 10:59 AM

Nellee, the car is worth what you think it's worth at the end of the day, I possibly paid 500-1000 more for mine also, but it was White, it had the Y pipe and features all that I wanted, so to me personally it was worth that little extra. I have no regrets.

Nedzilla 14th March 2014 11:21 AM

The car NELLEE bought was mine and personally i think it is worth every penny of what he paid,but then yes of course i would say that.
When pricing my car i looked in the pistonheads classifieds to get an idea of what they are going for and feel mine was very fairly priced.
If you look there now there are only 3 cars slightly cheaper than what mine sold for,all with far higher mileage and probably nowhere near as tidy.
Like i said Neil,it wouldve helped if you had viewed a few other cars first and you would've realised the kind of crap that is for sale out there. I still cant believe some of the rubbish i looked at and that was two years ago!

As far as im concerened the only way to say what a car is worth is to see what similar age/spec cars are selling for and not what people on a forum say.
And even then you cant really compare like for like untill you actually go and look at the cars in person.