GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Litchfield stage 1 to Acspeedtech stage 2 ? (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/247706-litchfield-stage-1-acspeedtech-stage-2-a.html)

NELLEE 18th March 2014 06:56 PM

Litchfield stage 1 to Acspeedtech stage 2 ?

Ive got the Litchfield stage 1 with down pipe at the moment and thinking to go to satge 2 with ACspeedtech with full 90mm exhaust.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and can you feel the difference?

I know different tuners have different ideas of there stages ect

TomS 18th March 2014 07:06 PM

Think AC2 is same as Litchfield Stage 4, a lot of people have Litchfield Stage 4 cars that'll be able to tell you the difference. I jumped straight in at the deep end of stage 4 so can't say what the difference is like :D

Nedzilla 18th March 2014 07:57 PM

Thats not took you long! Next step would be to replace the exhaust and k+n drop in filters and a tweak to the map. Your probably only looking at another 20bhp max though.
Not sure if Andys exhaust will match the existing y pipe though so you might have to go with his y pipe aswell.

That would be the equivalent of litchfields stage 2.

NELLEE 18th March 2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedzilla (Post 2595498)
Thats not took you long! Next step would be to replace the exhaust and k+n drop in filters and a tweak to the map. Your probably only looking at another 20bhp max though.
Not sure if Andys exhaust will match the existing y pipe though so you might have to go with his y pipe aswell.

That would be the equivalent of litchfields stage 2.

Just some plans for this summer but in no great rush as yet.. Just trying to work out how differnt it will be after spending 2-2.5k on the upgrade.

2.5k for 20bhp:bawling:

Ja5on 18th March 2014 09:24 PM

I'm running litchfield stage 4 with Russ fellows exhaust. Love it

Johnny G 18th March 2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NELLEE (Post 2595530)
Just some plans for this summer but in no great rush as yet.. Just trying to work out how differnt it will be after spending 2-2.5k on the upgrade.

2.5k for 20bhp:bawling:

Stage 4 and downpipes is a lot more than peak figures though :)

Ja5on 18th March 2014 09:47 PM

Agree with Johnny. It's no just a small bit of extra power.

NELLEE 18th March 2014 10:25 PM

Just had another look at ACs site and its there stage 1 not 2 i am thinking about... AC quote 620bhp for there satge 1, as to my litchfield stage 1 thats quoted as 570bhp so theres about 50bhp in it i guess.

I know its how the car feels that makes all the difference, so would be nice to hear from some who had mad the jump from Litchfield stage 1 to Acs stage 1

Ja5on 18th March 2014 10:40 PM

This is where the tuning side of things alls down as every tuner has a different idea of what stage is what.

What parts parts are included in AC stage 1?

As for how the car feels that can be changed after you do a couple of logs and get some map updates. With that in mind you can't really go wrong with either

SamboGrove 18th March 2014 10:48 PM

AC's stage I seems to be the same as a Litcho stage II (i.e panel filters + exhaust + remap)

I would expect that they are much a muchness and to be honest won't feel a great deal different to the Litcho stage I. With a full exhaust vs a ypipe only i believe you can a run a little more boost but the main difference is the sound change you get by switching to the full exhaust.

If you want to notice a big change i would suggest going to a Litcho stage IV + downpipes (i.e exhaust, intakes, injectors).

dominic1 18th March 2014 10:52 PM

Andy is great at what he does, I would not hesitate to recommend him,if you want see some of his work give me a shout I only live in Rochdale, not far from you or give me a call 07918680201

NELLEE 18th March 2014 11:03 PM

Thanks for info chaps, sounds like if i wanted a healthy improvement in performance i would be better spending a bit more and going stage 4.

NELLEE 18th March 2014 11:06 PM

Cheers Dominic

Are you running Andys stuff?

Ja5on 19th March 2014 12:27 AM

Agree with Sambogrove.

From my understanding to get 600hp+ injectors are required?

Chronos 19th March 2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ja5on (Post 2597106)
Agree with Sambogrove.

From my understanding to get 600hp+ injectors are required?

Ive got ansu 1050 injectors/acspeedtech intakes/acspeedtech/russfellows y pipe and get 604bhp/around 650 torque (might got some downpipes as well, dunno yet if its worth it for 20bhp)

Great service from andy @ acspeedtech for me as well, the man bloomin knows his stuff!!

+1 for the recommendation here as well!

dominic1 19th March 2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NELLEE (Post 2596762)
Cheers Dominic

Are you running Andys stuff?

andy has sorted out my maps and gearbox, give me a call if you need any info

ACspeedtech 20th March 2014 12:23 AM

Down pipes do make a big difference to noise and top end power, but intakes and injectors give you a lot more to play with when mapping. Can run a lot more boost and torque even if still a bit held back at high revs due to the exhaust system. Beware poorly designed intakes giving poor Maf curves and bringing in hesitations in the running of the car.