Loud clicking on full lock plus other noises. - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st April 2014, 07:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
smikee is now driving a Blue one...
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Honda S2000, BMW M£ E46 SMG Converatble
Loud clicking on full lock plus other noises.

Good morning all, I am now on my second GT-R and the truth is... It will be my last one. I had my first one for nearly 4 years, 78k! So I bought another. 2013 550hp version. To cut a very long story short with complaints to Mill Hill nissan and the appalling service by a rude and obnoxious service manager who has apparently left now (I pity the customers she will now be dealing with) and Nissan direct who are quite frankly an joke in customer service. My problems are and not limited to: loud clicking on full lock, really squealing breaks, and I mean really bad but apparently according to Nissn GB it's normal. Rattle from the bell housing which according to mill hill jokers is within the tolerance! No fuel warning in dash when I am getting low. I am at my wits end and I am now hoping I can find another HPCwhich I can trust! Any ideas/help?
Old 1st April 2014, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
DWC
DWC is Is back in the game with a MY15. Get in !
GTROC Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR/RS4/M3/Leon Fr 550/Mercedes ML 350
Hi

The Clicking is the very common problem in the link below. Its not of any worry though and the solution is to take the wheel off and apply Copper slip to the back of the wheel and hub then it goes away for a bit. I don't think anyone really knows what causes it but apart from the noise it has no affect on the car.

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/164792-cl...ls-sticky.html
Old 1st April 2014, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
The Dunlops make a lot of noise on full lock I found and the rear diff locks quiet violently compared to my 09 with Bridgestones on

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st April 2014, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
smikee is now driving a Blue one...
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Honda S2000, BMW M£ E46 SMG Converatble
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Hi

The Clicking is the very common problem in the link below. Its not of any worry though and the solution is to take the wheel off and apply Copper slip to the back of the wheel and hub then it goes away for a bit. I don't think anyone really knows what causes it but apart from the noise it has no affect on the car.

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/164792-cl...ls-sticky.html
Ahhh, thanks. As long as it's not serious like driveshaft stripping or something horrendous like that. Another epic fail for Mill Hill jesters!
Old 1st April 2014, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
bones is driving with the SCD
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smikee View Post
Good morning all, I am now on my second GT-R and the truth is... It will be my last one. I had my first one for nearly 4 years, 78k! So I bought another. 2013 550hp version. To cut a very long story short with complaints to Mill Hill nissan and the appalling service by a rude and obnoxious service manager who has apparently left now (I pity the customers she will now be dealing with) and Nissan direct who are quite frankly an joke in customer service. My problems are and not limited to: loud clicking on full lock, really squealing breaks, and I mean really bad but apparently according to Nissn GB it's normal. Rattle from the bell housing which according to mill hill jokers is within the tolerance! No fuel warning in dash when I am getting low. I am at my wits end and I am now hoping I can find another HPCwhich I can trust! Any ideas/help?
Go to Middlehurst. They give a fantastic service for warranty work and will have your car fixed in a jiffy with no fuss. Speak to John, the service manager. They are the best HPC in the UK.
Old 1st April 2014, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Plumber dave is Having a great time with his new mods
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Go to Middlehurst. They give a fantastic service for warranty work and will have your car fixed in a jiffy with no fuss. Speak to John, the service manager. They are the best HPC in the UK.
+1 on that.
Old 1st April 2014, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
KAT
KAT is back to a single turbo
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R, Evo 5 RS, FQ360, Sti, DC2, F1 R27, ML55, Shogun, A180
So you had your last one for 4 years and 78k, the bell housing lasted that long and it never clicked on full lock
J