GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Custom Exhaust Fabrication (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/252553-custom-exhaust-fabrication.html)

Sinth 2nd April 2014 09:21 PM

Custom Exhaust Fabrication

Anyone know any decent companies who are good at fabricating full exhaust system?

Ive got an e92 m3 after selling the GTR and looking at a full system to unleash the v8 roar along with a bit of performance.

Thanks in advance

Sinth

NELLEE 2nd April 2014 09:28 PM

Russ Fellows does an X pipe for them and probs a full system..

The most economical solution is what i did,,, Remove the front cats , or cut the front cats open and gut them. This gets you more power and sound

Then do the OEM back box mod, which gives a wonderful sound

I got both done for 300

Taff1275 2nd April 2014 09:32 PM

Russ Fellows does a system for the E92, the GTR exhaust he does is fantastic so I would assume the quality of this would also be fantastic.

Russ Fellows Fabrications - Motorsport & Road Bespoke Exhaust System & Manifold Fabrication

robgtr90 2nd April 2014 09:35 PM

+1 for russ , great guy and fantastic exhausts . the akrapovic evolution system is what i had on my m3 and that sounded great

Sinth 2nd April 2014 09:36 PM

Yeah I looked into Russ's system as I ran his exhaust on my GTR but it's 'dare I say' priced a bit too keenly for my liking. I have no qualms about his quality though as he is a quality craftsman.

I have looked into the OEM exhaust mod but I hate the standard tips with a passion. Has anyone had any experience with the hayward and scott system?

robgtr90 2nd April 2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinth (Post 2652801)
Yeah I looked into Russ's system as I ran his exhaust on my GTR but it's 'dare I say' priced a bit too keenly for my liking. I have no qualms about his quality though as he is a quality craftsman.

I have looked into the OEM exhaust mod but I hate the standard tips with a passion. Has anyone had any experience with the hayward and scott system?

completely different motor but my subaru forester had a hayward and scott system that sounded great and was good quality

Firestarter 2nd April 2014 10:39 PM

16 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinth (Post 2652801)

What sort of would the Russ Fellows zorst cost?

Sam88101 3rd April 2014 11:13 AM

I did the back box mod! Cost me nothing! Sounds brilliant

ACspeedtech 3rd April 2014 12:53 PM

The OEM backbox mod sounds good, but if you start removing front cats or fitting a cat delete x-pipe, it's really loud and lots of drone.

The E9X M3 system we built matches (beats ;) ) Akrapovic for performance for half the price and as you'll know even the factory system has a real drone at 2500-3000rpm. We spent a long time developing the E9X M3 system, adding Helmholtz resonance chambers to the rear sections to eliminate the drone as much as possible (something in development for the GTR systems also).

After we built the exhaust, many days were them spent incorporating knowledge drawn from standalone ecu tuning on this engine into the stock DME. The result was 465-475hp from a bolt on exhaust and an ecu reflash, and a seriously FAST car, very proud of this package and one I never get bored of driving :)

ACspeedtech 3rd April 2014 01:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 36201

Attachment 36209

Attachment 36217

NELLEE 3rd April 2014 06:57 PM

Never understood what the extra set of Nunchakers is for?

ACspeedtech 3rd April 2014 07:11 PM

They're the tuned Helmheltz resonance chambers, the tricky bit of reducing drone and tuning the note.

royashmr2 4th April 2014 10:22 PM

You could try power speed in ashford. They have done loads of custom work for me and friends.
I know they do electronic valves for noise restrictions as well!

59bhp 7th April 2014 09:32 AM

The exhausts by Russ cost a lot because the materials by themselves are a fortune,

just one example is he uses stainless hygenic bends to construct the system for a more uniform bend and centre line radius. Ive seen an r35 one up close and its truly awesome work.

dominic1 8th April 2014 07:52 PM

Tbh I think the fellows exhausts are cheap for the product he makes, one of my pals is a 6g coded welder and says his work is tip top, can't knock the product :-)

NELLEE 8th April 2014 08:34 PM

I was lucky enough to pick a Russ Fellows system second hand, its a few years old but you can still see its a quialty item.

If i ever needed a system for a new car, i wouldnt think twice about ordering a new one

Sinth 8th April 2014 09:33 PM

Thanks guys

Think I might bite the bullet and order the RF system

Verinder1984 9th April 2014 12:21 PM

enjoyful you just getting you post count up!?