Auto Folding mirrors & Auto up/down windows - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13th April 2014, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Firestarter is #nemesis_gtr
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R35 GT-R
Question Auto Folding mirrors & Auto up/down windows

Chaps
Has anyone fitted the kit that allows you to fold in the door mirrors using either the key fob or door lock/unlock button? I see that there is a kit for sale on the forum shop but not for the R35?

Also is it possible to have "global close & global open" so you can either close or open the windows by pressing the key fob or door lock/unlock button?

Had the global close option on my RS4 and its great to be able to get out of the car with all windows open and simply close by holding down the lock button for a few seconds.

Thanks chaps

Louie
Old 13th April 2014, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
check it, got your name down

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/255633-r3...ml#post2689569
Old 13th April 2014, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
snuffy is is well aware they can edit their status but hasdecided not to.
Ooo Matron !

Cars owned: GT-R & Fiat 500
Lack of total closure really cocks me off. My mate who has an Audi A5 suggested I try holding down the lock button on the remote as that's what his car does. It would be really useful because it would make getting out of the car so much easier in my garage as I could lower the window, squeeze my belly out and then remotely wind the window up; but no.

My Aston would not do it either. But my last two Esprits (a 1997 and a 1999 car) did it as standard. Lack of this function does seem like a step back in time to me.

And why don't the mirrors automatically fold in either when I lock it ? My AM did it and that was 9 years old. Again, a step back in time.

You know what you're started here, don't you ? I've gone off on one on the lack of two basic features that I had on a 15 year old car and a 9 year old one. Bah humbug.

Old 13th April 2014, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Cheers dude
Old 13th April 2014, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Evo9lution is hoping ...
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Stage 4.25 R35 GT-R & Mitsi Evo IX MR FQ-360 (not standard)
Personally, I find the wing mirror switch a really useful item. I also find that the 3 seconds or so it takes to either wind out or wind in the mirrors makes very little difference to whether I arrive at my destination on time or late. Luckily for me I am also a human being which means that I have a pre-frontal cortex which makes planning whether I need the mirrors retracted or not a much more simple task than, say, for an ant.

Also, my car's typically only parked 10 metres from the front door so I don't find the short hop to close the windows that strenuous ...

Sorry, couldn't help myself
Old 13th April 2014, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
Lack of total closure really cocks me off. My mate who has an Audi A5 suggested I try holding down the lock button on the remote as that's what his car does. It would be really useful because it would make getting out of the car so much easier in my garage as I could lower the window, squeeze my belly out and then remotely wind the window up; but no.

My Aston would not do it either. But my last two Esprits (a 1997 and a 1999 car) did it as standard. Lack of this function does seem like a step back in time to me.

And why don't the mirrors automatically fold in either when I lock it ? My AM did it and that was 9 years old. Again, a step back in time.

You know what you're started here, don't you ? I've gone off on one on the lack of two basic features that I had on a 15 year old car and a 9 year old one. Bah humbug.
Well

The mirror issues is sorted by Matts solution, however there is a non wired solution that I am investigating and will have further details tomorrow so holding off on Matts for now.

As for Global close/open I agree its a step backwards, however Im convinced it can be achieved. Will do some further digging and update in due course