r35 prices - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st April 2014, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
scoooby slayer is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
scoooby slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,324
r35 prices

im currently looking at r35s and it appears the prices for an my09 car in 2012 were 35k - 40k, which is about what the prices are now 2 years later !

whats caused the prices to do that ? are the newer models a lot more expensive than they were in 2009 and keeping the older cars prices up ?
__________________
scoooby slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ja5on is GTRless
Registered
 
Ja5on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bonny Banks
Cars owned: Clio 182, EVO IX FQ MR360, Leon TDI FR. Now: R35 GT-R MY10 Gunmetal Premium
Posts: 2,072
They must be very low mileage for that sort of money. But yeah the newer cars being more money when new.

And I wouldnt be surprised if things like the aftermarket warranties and the easy of making the older cars as good if not better than new ones has helped.

From reading on here an 09 for 40K would have to be in amazing condition.
__________________
Ja5on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member
 
CT17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Essex
Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
Posts: 8,019
Yes, prices have not moved much at all in the last two years.

I bought my MY11 in April 2012 and prices of the pre-facelift cars were almost where they are now.

Newer versions have got more expensive and the number sold have reduced, which has helped prices stay firm.
Not to mention the R35 has a serious amount of aftermarket gear available to boost performance past new versions relatively easily.
__________________
Richard
Ex owner of four R35 GT-Rs. Now hooked on R34s.
My car thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
JapFreak786 is .
GT-RDC Member
 
JapFreak786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 8,030
Dude do a search - your a long standing member you should know how this works lol
__________________
‘95 R33 GTR
JapFreak786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
scoooby slayer is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
scoooby slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT17 View Post
Yes, prices have not moved much at all in the last two years.

I bought my MY11 in April 2012 and prices of the pre-facelift cars were almost where they are now.

Newer versions have got more expensive and the number sold have reduced, which has helped prices stay firm.
Not to mention the R35 has a serious amount of aftermarket gear available to boost performance past new versions relatively easily.

its a little worrying as im looking to buy one that the prices must very soon be due a big tumble surely ?
__________________
scoooby slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
scoooby slayer is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
scoooby slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapFreak786 View Post
Dude do a search - your a long standing member you should know how this works lol


more search police, you must really miss glenn ! lol
__________________
scoooby slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Adamantium is apparently poisonous to Wolverine - who knew?
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: London
Cars owned: Audi S5 3.0TFSi, Audi Q5 3.0TDi
Posts: 9,073
Why do you think the prices are about to tumble? Can't see any impetus for this to happen.
__________________


Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
JapFreak786 is .
GT-RDC Member
 
JapFreak786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 8,030
Do a search on that aswell lol
And nope I don't think they will drop, I wish I got the stage 4 one I saw 2 summers back, would have been worth more than how much I would have paid for it now!
__________________
‘95 R33 GTR
JapFreak786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ja5on is GTRless
Registered
 
Ja5on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bonny Banks
Cars owned: Clio 182, EVO IX FQ MR360, Leon TDI FR. Now: R35 GT-R MY10 Gunmetal Premium
Posts: 2,072
Cant see it happening.

R34 GTRs have been in the 20k bracket for a good few years. I cant see the GTR going that low for years. It to much car for that. And its not like they are unreliable and have a bad rep which would know the price down
__________________
Ja5on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
scoooby slayer is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
scoooby slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Why do you think the prices are about to tumble? Can't see any impetus for this to happen.

just because they have levelled out for 2 years on a car that is only 5 years old now, so no depreciation from 3-5 years age.

I have seen from the forum you've had quite a few r35s, I don't suppose you know roughly what the new prices have been from 09 to current 14 cars do you ?
__________________
scoooby slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member
 
CT17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Essex
Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
Posts: 8,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoooby slayer View Post
its a little worrying as im looking to buy one that the prices must very soon be due a big tumble surely ?
I don't see how they can tumble personally.

The R35 has a big following, it's still a lot of performance for the money and I can't see it hitting £20-25k for a long while as what else can you buy for that figure that gives the performance the R35 does?

Even if you get a good one for £35-40k it's not likely to lose more than £5k a year, probably less.
I can't think of where you can find such a high performance car that loses less than £100 per week.
__________________
Richard
Ex owner of four R35 GT-Rs. Now hooked on R34s.
My car thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
scoooby slayer is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
scoooby slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja5on View Post
Cant see it happening.

R34 GTRs have been in the 20k bracket for a good few years. I cant see the GTR going that low for years. It to much car for that. And its not like they are unreliable and have a bad rep which would know the price down

very true if they hold value like the r34s do
__________________
scoooby slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member
 
Chronos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Planet R35
Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoooby slayer View Post
just because they have levelled out for 2 years on a car that is only 5 years old now, so no depreciation from 3-5 years age.

I have seen from the forum you've had quite a few r35s, I don't suppose you know roughly what the new prices have been from 09 to current 14 cars do you ?
roughly...........

my09 from £52k base car, premium £53.5k black edition £55k
my10 from £62,000
my11 from £68.500 - £73,000 with extra's
my12 from £74,500
my13 from £76,610
my14 from £77,995
__________________
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 04:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Northern Monkey is frantically searching for that right bargain
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 271
I'm having the same dilemna at the moment. There are a few out there between the 35-40k mark that shouldnt be. Which is making it more difficult to spot the good ones from the dodgy ones. For example there is one for sale with possible gearbox issues at 37k, which is ridiculous. There is an 09 plate 3 owners and 30k+ miles at 40k too. Again some traders are artificially rising the prices. The good ones come and go quickly. I have seen a few great 09 versions at 35k with approx 30k miles on the clock.

Happy hunting!!
__________________
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 05:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
BigBen is BIG!!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
BigBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Leeds
Posts: 621
Not that I am selling but purely as a matter of interest.

What would I expect to get for mine IF I was to sell tomorrow.

Registered Nov 2009 MY10.
Sat Nav, heated seats etc etc
18,000 miles
Im the 2nd owner. 1st was a lady I believe going by the private plate on it.
Full Middlehurst service history
stage 1 Middlehurst with Y Pipe as well as all bellhousing/steering lock recalls done.
Very good condition.

Just curious as to how much I have lost in 2 years of ownership. Car was standard when I bought it.
__________________
BigBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
zed1 is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member
 
zed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 633
350Zeds were cheap as chips when I traded mine in last September. Now you'd struggle to find an 05 for under £8k.

I put it down to George's booming economy
__________________
GT-RDC
zed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Northern Monkey is frantically searching for that right bargain
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
Not that I am selling but purely as a matter of interest.

What would I expect to get for mine IF I was to sell tomorrow.

Registered Nov 2009 MY10.
Sat Nav, heated seats etc etc
18,000 miles
Im the 2nd owner. 1st was a lady I believe going by the private plate on it.
Full Middlehurst service history
stage 1 Middlehurst with Y Pipe as well as all bellhousing/steering lock recalls done.
Very good condition.

Just curious as to how much I have lost in 2 years of ownership. Car was standard when I bought it.
I am in no way an expert but I have been monitoring the market for the past 4 months.
Have you got full service history from a reputable garage or NHPC?
As long as it has been very well looked after I would say depending on colour and condition you have a range of 38000 and 43000.

43000 would usually be a price set aside for a fanatically kept GTR in white
__________________
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
BAZGTR530 is R32-R34-R35
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
BAZGTR530's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
I am in no way an expert but I have been monitoring the market for the past 4 months.
Have you got full service history from a reputable garage or NHPC?
As long as it has been very well looked after I would say depending on colour and condition you have a range of 38000 and 43000.

43000 would usually be a price set aside for a fanatically kept GTR in white
WHITE ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (211.9 KB, 10 views)
__________________
BAZGTR530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager
 
TREG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: West sussex.
Cars owned: R 35 GTR
Posts: 10,601
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
Not that I am selling but purely as a matter of interest.

What would I expect to get for mine IF I was to sell tomorrow.

Registered Nov 2009 MY10.
Sat Nav, heated seats etc etc
18,000 miles
Im the 2nd owner. 1st was a lady I believe going by the private plate on it.
Full Middlehurst service history
stage 1 Middlehurst with Y Pipe as well as all bellhousing/steering lock recalls done.
Very good condition.

Just curious as to how much I have lost in 2 years of ownership. Car was standard when I bought it.

£41-43k easy
__________________
Your GTR wedding photographer.
TREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
FLYNN is worth it
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sheffield
Cars owned: MY13 R8 V10 spyder
Posts: 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREG View Post
£41-43k easy
Nope. You can advertise it for that, but you wont sell it.
__________________
FLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com

tyreforums

 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.