USB - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4th May 2014, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ja5on is GTRless
Registered
 
Ja5on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bonny Banks
Cars owned: Clio 182, EVO IX FQ MR360, Leon TDI FR. Now: R35 GT-R MY10 Gunmetal Premium
Posts: 2,072
USB

Anyone used one of these in the car?

Was thinking of buying one to run iPod for music and also charge my htc phone.

Don't want to use the cigarette plug as a charger.

Cheers
__________________
Ja5on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
AnilS is not a driving god!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
AnilS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Worcestershire
Posts: 309
I use it for my music on a memory stick. Works a treat.
__________________
AnilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
DODGY is Working harder lol
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
DODGY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: BLACKPOOL
Cars owned: WHITE GTR34 VSPEC.....NOW RUNNING 2860-5's and a white R35 at stage 4.25 :-)
Posts: 1,218
iPhones always pluged in :-)
__________________
DODGY is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 4th May 2014, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
wmd_gtr is wanting to mod
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 1,183
My iPhone was always plugged in, but sometimes the music randomly stops... then I can't get it to play again :S no idea why this is, but it is really Fkin annoying! I've started taking my iPad for music because of it
__________________
GTROC SCOTTISH REGIONAL REP - GLASGOW
wmd_gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tin
Tin is modded out.
GT-RDC Member
 
Tin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckz
Posts: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmd_gtr View Post
My iPhone was always plugged in, but sometimes the music randomly stops... then I can't get it to play again :S no idea why this is, but it is really Fkin annoying! I've started taking my iPad for music because of it
Yep, I've noticed that too, seems to happen only when on long drives though.
__________________
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ja5on is GTRless
Registered
 
Ja5on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bonny Banks
Cars owned: Clio 182, EVO IX FQ MR360, Leon TDI FR. Now: R35 GT-R MY10 Gunmetal Premium
Posts: 2,072
Stupid phone.

Never copied the link.

Should be a link to a USB splitter.

Would a USB splitter allow charging of one phone and music from another?
__________________
Ja5on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 04:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
tinimark is making lots of noise
Executive GTR Owners Club Member
 
tinimark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cornwall
Cars owned: R35, Supercharged Elise 111r, BMW 220d, 335d, Golf R32..the list goes on
Posts: 341
Depends how the splitter is wired up. If one of the outputs has the data wire connected then you should still be able to play music with one of your devices whilst charging the other.

The USB splitters I've seen so far though are power only which would stop the music from streaming...unless you connect via Bluetooth which I find works really well.

I'm not sure what would happen if you got a small USB hub instead. I doubt the car could see more than one device and may even choose to not see anything plugged in to it.
__________________
tinimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
wmd_gtr is wanting to mod
GTROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Yep, I've noticed that too, seems to happen only when on long drives though.
Mine is inconsistent. Sometimes it happens within 10 minutes, other times it can go hours without a problem. Can't figure out if its the car or the iPhone
__________________
GTROC SCOTTISH REGIONAL REP - GLASGOW
wmd_gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 10:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ja5on is GTRless
Registered
 
Ja5on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bonny Banks
Cars owned: Clio 182, EVO IX FQ MR360, Leon TDI FR. Now: R35 GT-R MY10 Gunmetal Premium
Posts: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinimark View Post
Depends how the splitter is wired up. If one of the outputs has the data wire connected then you should still be able to play music with one of your devices whilst charging the other.

The USB splitters I've seen so far though are power only which would stop the music from streaming...unless you connect via Bluetooth which I find works really well.

I'm not sure what would happen if you got a small USB hub instead. I doubt the car could see more than one device and may even choose to not see anything plugged in to it.
Yeah that's what my initial thoughts were. I can always try and make a connector up
__________________
Ja5on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 05:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
saucyboy is Enjoying every journey!!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
saucyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KENT
Cars owned: Noble M12 GTO-3, 996 Turbo, Now- 172 Cup, R32 GT-R, R35 GT-R
Posts: 2,619
Wmd, I used to get that problem with iPod touch. Then I did update via the 2012 or what ever year they were maps and the system has been great. Never cuts out now
__________________
saucyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 08:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
tinimark is making lots of noise
Executive GTR Owners Club Member
 
tinimark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cornwall
Cars owned: R35, Supercharged Elise 111r, BMW 220d, 335d, Golf R32..the list goes on
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucyboy View Post
Wmd, I used to get that problem with iPod touch. Then I did update via the 2012 or what ever year they were maps and the system has been great. Never cuts out now
Is this a satnav update?
How do you know which version is installed and how do you go about installing the latest update?

Cheers,
M
__________________
tinimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com

tyreforums

 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.