Advice about getting the gtr repaired - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th May 2014, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Danny Danger is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Advice about getting the gtr repaired

Well the guy has owned up and now I can commence getting my wing mirror damage repaired. I am feeling slightly apprehensive As I think many of you would be as well. so a few quick questions.

1) they want to send it to there choice of uk assist, for repair, never heard of them why cant I have a Nissan garage fix it.

2) they want to give me a enterprise courtesy car and said I would be in something like a audi a3, what happened to LIKE FOR LIKE.

3) It will be picked up on a low loader, should I take pictures all over the car in case any damage occurs to it etc
Old 8th May 2014, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
chrismgtr is Shell's no.1 customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Danger View Post
Well the guy has owned up and now I can commence getting my wing mirror damage repaired. I am feeling slightly apprehensive As I think many of you would be as well. so a few quick questions.

1) they want to send it to there choice of uk assist, for repair, never heard of them why cant I have a Nissan garage fix it.

2) they want to give me a enterprise courtesy car and said I would be in something like a audi a3, what happened to LIKE FOR LIKE.

3) It will be picked up on a low loader, should I take pictures all over the car in case any damage occurs to it etc
1) Your car at the end of the day and they have admitted liability so surely you should be calling the shots here?

2) Never heard of anyone getting like for like on a GTR before.

3) Definitely take pictures, infact I would probably go with them while they transport it and watch the entire process.

Hope it gets sorted!

Cheers,

Chris
Old 8th May 2014, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
TomS is drinking fuel
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 GTR, E46 M3
I'm pretty certain you have the right to get it repaired where you want.

Courtesy car will be down to what's in your policy, if it's like for like then I'd argue an A3 is below par, but I wouldn't expect to get a GTR as a loan car.

Whether the car is collected or dropped off, take photos of everything inside and out including the wheels. Make sure the photos are timestamped too

Old 8th May 2014, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
matthewk is waiting for Mook to update his member status.

Can you just ask for a payout and say you will sort it yourself? Thats what I did last time someone hit me, I got £2700 for something that cost me less than £1000 to repair using my own garage.

It should be much faster for them and they will save money on transporting the car, hire car etc etc
Old 8th May 2014, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Danny Danger is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Can you just ask for a payout and say you will sort it yourself? Thats what I did last time someone hit me, I got £2700 for something that cost me less than £1000 to repair using my own garage.

It should be much faster for them and they will save money on transporting the car, hire car etc etc
tbh id prefer the £610 for a new mirror and do it myself as I know my pride and joy will stay safe
Old 8th May 2014, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
stixGTR is fighting the tuning itch

Cars owned: R35 GTR, ST TDCI MONDEO, R33 GTST spec 2, vauxhall vectra V6 SRi, vectra GLS , cavilier SRi , astra van and a bedford rascal !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Danger View Post
tbh id prefer the £610 for a new mirror and do it myself as I know my pride and joy will stay safe
Couldn't agree more with that comment.
Old 8th May 2014, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
matthewk is waiting for Mook to update his member status.

Get on the phone to the other insurance company and tell them you want £610 to call it a day, they might jump at the chance to avoid all the extra expense.
Old 8th May 2014, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hashlak is macking it out

Cars owned: GTR R35 - C63 AMG - MP4-12C - Range Vogue+Sport - GTCW12 - G55 AMG
Danny, i honestly think you should be careful and do NOT send it to their garage to fix..

Its your car, his fault.. You have the right to decide where to get it repaired.. Even if you can take cash from them, like matthewk said, its better..

Get it done in a proper garage of you choice that has experience dealing with GTR's

I would recommend you to my friends place where i got my GTR front bumper repaired and resprayed but its all the way in london :/ far from you i believe..

Good luck anyway keep us posted
Old 8th May 2014, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
djbennyb is Loving stage 4
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: Astra888,Evo 10,GTR
+1 , no way would I let my car go on a low loader not really knowing where it's going and what sort of people that are dealing with it! Ask for 600 and I'm sure they will give you it, going to save them 300 odd quid in transport alone!
Old 8th May 2014, 05:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Karls is Thinking about moving to Wales!
Registered

Don't do it! I made that mistake once and car came back marked on wheels and bodywork and that was through a Nissan HPC. Two lessons learnt - never let the car out of my sight and never release it to a HPC ever again!
Old 8th May 2014, 06:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
bobbie is Stage 1
Registered

Cars owned: 2010 GTR
take it to your preferred repairer do not let them take your car!!!!!!!!

Bobby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 07:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
CT17 is probably in an R34 GT-R.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: A GT-R... and some others.
It's your choice of repairer.

They may want you to send the car where they like, but you don't have too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 08:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

A low loader seems a bit extreme for wing mirror damage? Can't you just drive it?

My front splitter on my old GTR was damaged by a low loader, so if you do go this route make sure it's a detachable bed low loader.
Old 8th May 2014, 08:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Robbie J is building a Datsun with a RB in
Registered

Cars owned: RB 280Z, 997 T and STI Leggy
My wife had her blue 350z hit, really hard colour to match

I insisted it went to a Nissan dealer, told them I didn't need a hire car (they didn't care). they agreed to Nissan as the fact that it wasn't a good match they would have to do it a again

of course the dealer was late and car dirty when I did get it back, paint was OK
Old 8th May 2014, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Best thing is draw up a document on your computer which has all the vehicle details on and make two copies of it and when the driver comes to collect it do a full walk round inspection of the vehicle and get him to write down any marks on the vehicle or wheels and then get him sign and date both copies aswell as get some pics of side angle shots and wheels and of the exact mileage. Because had an issue with audi a few years ago when they collected my audi s8 for some engine fault and good job had done this exact procedure, when I got my car delivered back there was a beautiful dink in the center of the passenger front door which wasn't there when they took it. So because I had the proof they immediately took the vehicle back and had the dent removed and appoligised and dropped it back off with a complimentary next free service voucher. Hope all goes well for you fella

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 08:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
djbennyb is Loving stage 4
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: Astra888,Evo 10,GTR
Very wise