Annoying tc trait - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24th June 2014, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
saucyboy is Enjoying every journey!!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Noble M12 GTO-3, 996 Turbo, Now- 172 Cup, R32 GT-R, R35 GT-R
Question Annoying tc trait

As some know I like use my car on some cross country B roads

Most of my driving is done in R mode for tc unless feeling brave and it goes off. In Wales it stayed in R lol. Now this is where I noticed something that I think I've heard a few people talk about when doing track days at Spa. When ever I was going down a steep decline and asked a lot from the throttle the tc would kick in and take the power away abruptly happened a few times in 1k's worth of hooning.

Whilst out this weekend I got it again whilst commiting to the loud pedal. Straight line, totally dry and lots of traction so no wheel slip.

So tonight I thought I'd test it out to see just how much it would cut power. Found a very quiet national speed limit country road with a steep decline. Slowed to a near stand still and then booted it in 1st. Not enough to spin though. [email protected]'k me the traction light went mental and it wouldn't give me any power.

I'm running Ecutek and remember people saying that Litchfield re done the tc. Is it worth me getting that added to mine, does that issue go away??

Any advice appreciated fellas. And Steve, no it's not because I'm not on Bridgestones ; )

Last edited by saucyboy; 24th June 2014 at 10:12 PM..
saucyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tin
Tin is modded out.
GT-RDC Member

Not noticed this on mine, but then I have the motorsport racerom v4. I believe LTC is only enabled on 99ron map under R mode.

Was it it on partial 50% throttle rolling start 5mph?
Old 24th June 2014, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hugoboy is thinking this is the best 60k I have ever spent

Cars owned: Storm White GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucyboy View Post

I'm running Ecutek and remember people saying that Litchfield re done the tc. Is it worth me getting that added to mine, does that issue go away??

Any advice appreciated fellas. And Steve, no it's not because I'm not on Bridgestones ; )
I think it's worth getting the Litchfield v4 Motorsport ROM for the enhancements it gives but even with Litchfield's own traction control you will still get VDC kicking in when accelerating downhill. At least that's my experience anyway mate.

Old 24th June 2014, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

More than 50 mate and I was rolling. But having owned her for over two years I know it's not enough to break traction. As stated this can happen in say 3rd gear on the move and whe seeing the way ahead is clear going full throttle. But again you would be making progress already so no way it would break traction. I simple slight lift and re apply sorts it but it's bloody annoying.

I should really stop being lazy and see if I can search out the old threads that I remember reading lol.
Old 24th June 2014, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh ok mate fella, thanks for letting me know. [email protected]'kin annoying at times lol. At least it's not just me ; )
Old 24th June 2014, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Satan is skint, but with a stupidly big grin !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Not noticed this on mine, but then I have the motorsport racerom v4. I believe LTC is only enabled on 99ron map under R mode.

Was it it on partial 50% throttle rolling start 5mph?
LTC is active on all 3 maps except the 100 Ron map.

Switching to R mode eases the problem but only slightly, it is a very annoying trait that Litchfields are aware of and is to do with the G sensor and downward angle of the car.

Basically means you can't overtake down hill with any verve!! My 59 plate does it. Would like to see if later models have revised software and if it could be coppied.

Satan
Old 24th June 2014, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cheers Satan

Got to say it certainly more prominent since the last update as it hadn't really bothered me before, but was annoying this evening on a really lovely bit of downhill Tarmac that had fantastic vision and was clear. Think anything could of got away from me down there lol
Old 24th June 2014, 11:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
mallockman is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 2010 GTR R35 Titanium Grey Litchfield Stg 1 Mallock Mk34 Supersports
I had the Litchfield v4 Motorsport map installed a couple of months ago and discussed the TC question with Iain at the time. Nissan VDC (TC) closes the throttle abruptly when any wheelspin is detected (also downhill gradients) and takes too much time to reapply throttle. LTC works by momentarily cutting ignition giving a much more subtle action. You need to run with VDC off to get the benefit of LTC, or the standard VDC even in R mode will "smother" it. I have been using it successfully in hillclimbing for the last 2 months, it really is a step forward.
Old 24th June 2014, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
goRt is busy making lists
GT-RDC Member

Location: North Hampshire - Andover / Basingstoke / Winchester
Cars owned: 3*DBA, Elise SC, Golf Mk6r, MY10, 2*Golf R32, e46 M3, STI9 scooby, lots of other scoobies, 205 GTI, MG Maestro, Metro turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan View Post

Switching to R mode eases the problem but only slightly, it is a very annoying trait that Litchfields are aware of and is to do with the G sensor and downward angle of the car.

Basically means you can't overtake down hill with any verve!! My 59 plate does it. Would like to see if later models have revised software and if it could be coppied.

Satan
my11 stock did it, still happens with the v4 ROM at stage 1
Old 25th June 2014, 02:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

MY13 is the same down hills. Amazing 'glitch' from Nissan. I live on the Somerset levels though, so hills are few and far between around here lol.

Having said that, it has to be quite a steep hill to cut the power, because I can hoon it down Cheddar Gorge no problems.
Old 25th June 2014, 06:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallockman View Post
I had the Litchfield v4 Motorsport map installed a couple of months ago and discussed the TC question with Iain at the time. Nissan VDC (TC) closes the throttle abruptly when any wheelspin is detected (also downhill gradients) and takes too much time to reapply throttle. LTC works by momentarily cutting ignition giving a much more subtle action. You need to run with VDC off to get the benefit of LTC, or the standard VDC even in R mode will "smother" it. I have been using it successfully in hillclimbing for the last 2 months, it really is a step forward.
If I'm honest, a bit nervous about running VDC OFF with all the bollocx Nissan tell you about possible damage to the Trans.

Take it you've found no issues then?

Might have to try it.

Satan
Old 25th June 2014, 06:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevgtr View Post
MY13 is the same down hills. Amazing 'glitch' from Nissan. I live on the Somerset levels though, so hills are few and far between around here lol.

Having said that, it has to be quite a steep hill to cut the power, because I can hoon it down Cheddar Gorge no problems.
I've had it cut in when booting it on downhill slip roads on to dual carriage ways.

Major PITA here in Wales I can assure you.

Satan
Old 25th June 2014, 06:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah got to say satan it happened to me a few times in Wales during the hoon and is annoying when you are not slipping and have a lovely clad stretch ahead.

So, ltc runs in off mode in v4?? Or is that just when you have the racerom addition? I'm just stage one with no pops and bangs.
Old 25th June 2014, 07:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
vxrcymru is a carbon fetishist
New Users

Cars owned: R35 GTR Stage 5 & Evo X FQ400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan View Post

Satan
Does the Nissan TC still operate on the 100 motorsport map or is all TC off on the 100 MS map?
Black MY2010 Black Edition, Litchfield Stage 5 - Switzer P800 turbos, Litchfield suspension, Alcon 400mm front and 380mm back discs with Pagid pads, circlips, front and rear cameras, auto folding mirrors & lots of CF. Advan RSD wheels!
vxrcymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 07:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: 3*DBA, Elise SC, Golf Mk6r, MY10, 2*Golf R32, e46 M3, STI9 scooby, lots of other scoobies, 205 GTI, MG Maestro, Metro turbo
Quote:
Yeah got to say satan it happened to me a few times in Wales during the hoon and is annoying when you are not slipping and have a lovely clad stretch ahead.

So, ltc runs in off mode in v4?? Or is that just when you have the racerom addition? I'm just stage one with no pops and bangs.
yes unless you are on the 100 ron map
Old 25th June 2014, 07:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxrcymru View Post
Does the Nissan TC still operate on the 100 motorsport map or is all TC off on the 100 MS map?
Nissan TC operates as per the switch, Iain's TC is off on the default 100 maps
Old 25th June 2014, 07:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

With simple v4 software, nothing to do with Racerom, LTC works on 95, 97, and 99 maps. When you select 100 the fuel/ timing map is the same as 99 map but without LTC.

I guess this was to allow people to switch everything off and play.

The above is the standard configuration unless you specifically ask for something different at time of re flashing.

I think Iain also told me that LTC does not cut ignition but retards timing so loosing power very quickly and smoothly and once traction in regained applies the advance back to the timing.

Certainly feels like that is the case through my bum dyno.

Satan.

Last edited by Satan; 25th June 2014 at 07:14 AM..
Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 07:23 AM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply and explanation mate ; )
Old 25th June 2014, 08:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Johnny G is here. Hi!
Registered

Cars owned: Nissan GT-R, BMW 730d, BMW 535d
Would I be right in thinking that the 99 map, with VDC off will still have the LTC active?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 GT-R - Daytona Blue, Recaro Edition - Litchfield Stage 4.5, Alcon BBK: 754bhp, 642lb/ft
Johnny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 09:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
mallockman is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 2010 GTR R35 Titanium Grey Litchfield Stg 1 Mallock Mk34 Supersports
Quote:

LTC is active all the time (unless map 100 is selected), but if VDC is on (even R mode) it will activate as normal (ie too soon) therefore negating benefit of LTC.