A few more car questions:)? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st September 2014, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oski is new
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

A few more car questions:)?

Hi there,
I am very pleased with my car just getting used to it

But I have a few questions?
I have noticed that my cars brakes squeal quite loud when im coming to a stop?

They did not do this when I first picked it up, they are also fairly new discs and pads, and I have not really done any hard braking? could it be a buildup of dust?

If I put my car in 1st or reverse, the car will creep forward or backwards without any throttle I take it this is normal? and sometimes will make a slight grind noise until I slightly apply the throttle almost like its got a brake on and needs a few extra revs to move. does that sounds right?

I also have an annoying rattle that happens when my car gets warm and has been ran a while, is sounds like a exhaust clamp is loose when I go over uneven ground it makes a tapping noise like a clamp is hitting my exhaust or similar? has anyone had anything like this?

Also I would like my car to be a bit more deep sounding but not too loud would cat less down pipes be a good option ?

sorry for all the questions

cheers
Old 1st September 2014, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Timboy666 is Stage 4.25 Litchfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oski View Post
Hi there,
I am very pleased with my car just getting used to it

But I have a few questions?
I have noticed that my cars brakes squeal quite loud when im coming to a stop?

They did not do this when I first picked it up, they are also fairly new discs and pads, and I have not really done any hard braking? could it be a buildup of dust?

If I put my car in 1st or reverse, the car will creep forward or backwards without any throttle I take it this is normal? and sometimes will make a slight grind noise until I slightly apply the throttle almost like its got a brake on and needs a few extra revs to move. does that sounds right?

I also have an annoying rattle that happens when my car gets warm and has been ran a while, is sounds like a exhaust clamp is loose when I go over uneven ground it makes a tapping noise like a clamp is hitting my exhaust or similar? has anyone had anything like this?

Also I would like my car to be a bit more deep sounding but not too loud would cat less down pipes be a good option ?

sorry for all the questions

cheers
The rattle sounds like it could be your Bell housing
Old 1st September 2014, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

Brakes need a transference of material, i.e. 5 or 6 hard braking efforts in a row from 60/70 mph to 10mph, then a couple mile cruise to cool them down, it's normal procedure.

Creeping is normal yes.

The rattle is most likely rear pads rattling in the caliper, this can be very loud like all the undertrays are loose, but is common and normal.

Have you removed the secondary cats yet and replaced with a Y pipe? Main cats is a big job in comparison.

Old 2nd September 2014, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
OldBob is trying to sell the pork
Registered

Cars owned: Currently:911.2 Turbo S, Cayman S, Cayman R, Mk7Golf R, Seat Ibiza FR
Did you confirm the exhaust wasn't touching the undertray as per my post here
https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/291066-ne...estions-3.html

Brakes squeal or not depending on use/temp/bedding - I find an italian service generally sorts it out. What discs and pads? I don't think any types are immune from an occasional squeal.

Rear pads is a good call from Trav. You can get sprung clips or similar IIRC to hold the pads. I believe I had these fitted (or at least they told me they did) and don't seem to get the "dinner plate rattle" (as much now

Creep is as said, are you on Ecutek? might be worth getting the cable to allow you to do your own clutch relearns etc.
Old 2nd September 2014, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oski is new

Creep is as said, are you on Ecutek?

Hi Bob yes Im Exutek but I dont have a cable,

The noise is like a grind like im driving away in 1st or reverse feels like the
the brakes are on and some resistance, and as soon as I touch the throttle a tiny bit to raise the revs it stops, and feels free I take it this is normal?

Have you got a picture of the where to look for the exhaust fouling the undertray mate?

cheers