HELP! What do I drive? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan Skyline Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
G-man is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

HELP! What do I drive?

Hi Pilots,

Can ANYONE help? We all like to think we have a unique model, but it takes men of knowledge to tell me what I have bought!

After researching all the different R32 GTR models, I think I am more confused than anything. I need your help to nut out what is in my shed!

Firstly the GTR I have is in mint condition, been garaged and not a spot of rust, underneath and factory paint is perfect. Everything including interior is mint condition - but what is it?...

1989 Nissan Skyline GTR (Charcoal/Grey). Has factory Brembos, Old School Tein Suspension, Bonnet lip, Everything on it has a Nismo badge (Floor mats, gear knob, boot etc). Has a slightly higher boot spoiler. Engine bay is mint - factory, the block looks different to most - will have to check the block number as it looks like an N1 block.

I thought it may be a factory Nismo edition? Being a 1989, is this possible? Just need someone who can help me find out what it is....
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

Cars owned: R33 GTR
Not sure the brembo brakes were available in 1989.
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 Combat View Post
Not sure the brembo brakes were available in 1989.
Thanks, yes I thought that may be the case. It is just good to know what model it is, or if it is just a GTR with after market "bits" installed.

Old 2nd September 2014, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jags is unaware they can edit their status

If it's a Nismo R32GTR the VIN will state which number it is; for example BNR32-100432 will be car number 432. There were 560 of these cars

The Brembo brakes didn't come along until the R32 GTR VSpec later on in production
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
gtr mart is fast and loud
GT-RDC Member

Obviously pics would help but you are a few posts away from being able to do that.

So in the meantime, where did you get it from? How long you had it? Does it have a little lip on the bonnet just above the grill? Nismo instrument clocks?
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Team, yea, not looking like it is any "special" edition reading these posts... However, it is good to press on to see if it has got any unique qualities (from factory). I will check the vin number (thanks Jags)...
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr mart View Post
Obviously pics would help but you are a few posts away from being able to do that.

So in the meantime, where did you get it from? How long you had it? Does it have a little lip on the bonnet just above the grill? Nismo instrument clocks?
Yes, I tried, but alas, even with the power of hope, I am not able to upload images yet - ha

If you go to face book and type in BOV Blaster or even type the same thing into you tube you will see it in action. It is the R32, not the R34 (which is someone else).

Lip - yes, instrument clocks - standard (180k).... Yip, looking more and more like standard GTR issue with aftermarket upgrades! Was imported direct many years back (will check date).
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
gtr mart is fast and loud
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man View Post
Yes, I tried, but alas, even with the power of hope, I am not able to upload images yet - ha

If you go to face book and type in BOV Blaster or even type the same thing into you tube you will see it in action. It is the R32, not the R34 (which is someone else).

Lip - yes, instrument clocks - standard (180k).... Yip, looking more and more like standard GTR issue with aftermarket upgrades! Was imported direct many years back (will check date).
Or I could just wait until you hit 15 posts and then you can upload the pics here

The best upgrade would be N1 turbos as they are more robust and could handle more boost
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

A "drifting" performance tuning company thinks it has the N1 block/engine, where is the block number located? Re: Turbos - what should I be looking for? Any external references?
Old 3rd September 2014, 07:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
davew is loving the new club
GT-RDC Founder Member

Cars owned: R35,R34,R33,R32 and KGC10
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man View Post
A "drifting" performance tuning company thinks it has the N1 block/engine, where is the block number located? Re: Turbos - what should I be looking for? Any external references?
Aaah ive seen this advertised im sure. Is it the one advertised with the NUR Engine? The N1 Engine Block has 24U cast not stamped into its block on the turbo side just where the engine mount bolts to the block
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hi Dave,

Maybe it was the one advertised - however bought this in New Zealand! Thanks for telling me when the number is, I will take a look!