GTR Forum banner

***what would you do???***

2K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  scoooby slayer 
#1 ·
1, would you either get a mint 60 plate 12,400 miles for around 42k and spend money modding it up

or

2,spend 55k ish for a cheeky 12 plate with low miles and spend time modding it ?????

3,how much would these cars be worth in say 5 yrs time (obviously they will be kept immaculate to a very high standard)

#7 ·
It depends. Depends on how much buying the more expensive car would clean you out financially, and how prone you think you'll be to the modding bug.

If you're not going to mod the car, then I'd definitely stump for the MY12. If you are going to mod, then £13k will buy you a helluva lot of mods!

You have to remember that mechanically and cosmetically, there's not a huge amount of difference, just minor tweaks. Later cars have Recaro branded seats and trim painted dark grey instead of silver, with DRLs in the front bumper. Litchfield can offer u a better suspension option than either car for about £4k.

So it depends. If you're at the top of your budget at £55k and want to mod, get the cheaper car. If you still have cash to spare, get the mY12.

Hope that helps! :)

Mart.

#11 · (Edited)
Well Geoff

if you arn't going to mod it, get the my12 and then spend your £ on the bling

Also see below, nice power hike on the 12 from 09-11 models... Then only 15bhp in it upto my14...

not sure if the UK spec's are exaclty the same? but I think the BHP is similar..

Nissan GT-R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#14 ·
geoff I've known you for years mate and i know you won't be pushing the car hard at all so go for the newer model

you will really appreciate the newer interior and subtle exterior changes

can't comment on residuals but i can comment on the way you use a car

totes polisher !! lol

#15 ·
it really depends on your budget and what you want to do with the car.

all I wanted was mental power clean/tidy road car so ryans 09 car was perfect for me at 850hp and came in at the same price as a stock my12

how much is your budget and what are your exact plans for the car and mods ?

#17 ·
55k tops but less would be much better leaving a few pounds for a stage 1 or 2 even. would want some nice hard pipes and after marked dump valves and water tank and maybe a pas tank. my wife and i personally know the uk sales manager for forge but knowing him he will prob charge me more :chuckle::chuckle:
im a massive fan of spec-r but pete has not developed any gtr35 parts yet. also i like samcosport hoses so will grab a few of those with murray clamps and a few other ideas in the pipe line.

i had a idea with a black gtr of gold plating engine bay parts but a black car will do my nut in with the dust at shows and gold plating will look daft on a white car.

#16 ·
thanks paul and all other members for the input.
your right paul ill not be pushing the car hard well i might do 75 on a motorway on a dry day :chuckle: quite excited really and in no rush just want the right one at a good bargain price :)

fancy white with a satin black wrap on the roof and that area round the exhausts doing black if you know wot i mean.

#18 ·
Geof, my stage 4 GTR will be up for sale at the back end of next week, it will be at Litchfields to view. A great base car to start your GTR experience with.

MY11 Recaro Edition, Black, 17.5K miles, 2 owners (I am second), SATNAV, Litchfield Suspension, Litchfield Steering Arms, Fast Road Geometry, 102mm super quiet exhaust, Asnu 1050cc Injectors, Got Boost SD kit, GTC Intakes, ECUTEK remap, 4 new tyres 1500 miles ago, full NHPC Service History (All Middlehurst). Offers around £58995

#20 ·
Personally, I have never found the price difference worth the step up from my current MY10. MY10 running stage 4 will be almost the same as a MY12 running stage 4.

If you are going to "bling" it, which is not the taste of most GTR owners, then I would go for the cheaper car and spend the savings on "bling" parts or just accept the difference as savings against the future loss for when you sell.

If 75 is your limit, then the additional power between the MY models means nothing to you. Which do you prefer the looks of? With or without DRLs? Are you going to be replacing bumpers?

Personally, I am not a fan of the DRLs, they should have been integrated into the main light cluster.

#21 ·
Personally, I have never found the price difference worth the step up from my current MY10. MY10 running stage 4 will be almost the same as a MY12 running stage 4.
Disagree because you are focusing on the power.
The MK11 had a number of other improvements.

When I bought my MY10 I thought it as great.
When I bought my MY11 I realised how much better it was.

#22 ·
also if depreciation bothers you 09 may be the way to go
an 09 can be had for £35k
my11-my12 £55k, within 3 years you can be sure the my11/my12s will be in the £35k area, whereas theres no way will an 09 be down to £15k and lost another £20k imo

the 09s will go down for sure but I cant see it being as much as the my11/my12s will.

#38 ·
also if were talking ecu upgrades its worth remembering syvecs , with instant uk support and mapping by syvecs own ryan g who imo is one of the best in the world.

I have never driven a tuned car so refined and stock like as my syvecs equipped ryan g mapped r35 is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.