GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   How bad are bridgestones (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/297505-how-bad-bridgestones.html)

15delux 17th September 2014 03:50 PM

How bad are bridgestones

So.... I run MPSS and sent my wheels off for refurb and had to run bridgestones for a few day.

I can't believe the difference between them. MPSS are far better for road use. No bumps, noise, I don't break my wrist everytime I go over a stone lol

Sorry Steve but you really need MPSS ;)

Nedzilla 17th September 2014 04:23 PM

Having only run my GTR on the oe dunlops then mpss i recently went out in one on Bridgestones and was quite simply shocked by the amount of road noise. It was pretty much unbearable. I dont remember the dunlops being anywhere as bad and the mpss were quiet as a mouse be comparrison!

JohnE90M3 17th September 2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedzilla (Post 3164713)
Having only run my GTR on the oe dunlops then mpss i recently went out in one on Bridgestones and was quite simply shocked by the amount of road noise. It was pretty much unbearable. I dont remember the dunlops being anywhere as bad and the mpss were quiet as a mouse be comparrison!

When I test drove the GTR with a view to buy, the car had bridgestones on, it was horrible, the road noise was giving me a headache.:mad:
put me off the car at the time, Michelins were not a tyre used/considered then.

stealth46 17th September 2014 05:00 PM

I've just gone onto Bridgestones after running the OE Dunlops. Can't say as I've noticed an increase in road noise tbh but then new tyres are quieter than worn ones. Haven't tried MPSS though.

Crafty_Blade 17th September 2014 05:25 PM

Anyone any experience of running MPSS's at a Vmax event? How do they fair at 200+mph?

Tin 17th September 2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty_Blade (Post 3164905)
Anyone any experience of running MPSS's at a Vmax event? How do they fair at 200+mph?

Yep, I ran my mpss at the last vmax I attended.. car felt solid at 200ish. Just got to keep an eye on the pressures. Was glad I had mpss on the car at the wales airfield day, as the weather was horrible!

Crafty_Blade 17th September 2014 06:56 PM

Thanks Tin, were you on MPSS's when I rode shotgun at Brunters?

deankenny 17th September 2014 07:05 PM

When I bought my car it had Bridgies on it, the tram lining effect was incredible, on the motorway literally sharply dragging me left or right for no reason, so much infact I thought there was something seriously wrong with the car itself. Changed to MPSS when car went for remap at MH, after them confirming nothing is wrong with the car, simply the bridgestones. When I got it back, I could not believe how much better it was, no tramlining, dragging etc.

Danny Danger 17th September 2014 07:12 PM

Hated them many moons ago when I owned a 350z and I still don't like them on the gtr. Glad they'll need changing soon and I will also be running mpss. Square setup or stagered I am still undecided

15delux 17th September 2014 07:35 PM

Every bump and vibration gets transferred toy steering wheel.... Thank god I got my wheels back lol

gtr mart 17th September 2014 08:01 PM

I have Bridgies. no noticeable road noise (because I have catless DP's - everything else pales into insignificance LOL)

They do tramline though. Considering MPSC or MPSS come changeover time - although happy to be on run flats for Vmax, providing it isn't wet.

Tin 17th September 2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty_Blade (Post 3165065)
Thanks Tin, were you on MPSS's when I rode shotgun at Brunters?

Yup! You'd have felt the dunlops especially on the lovely surface at brunters ;)

bobbie 17th September 2014 09:24 PM

Nothing wrong with the bridges, yes they do tram line a bit but its a big wide tyre, in the wet also have had know issues, all this talk about MPSS being the better tyre, well I don't know and have not tried them, but them being not run flats and with a weaker sidewall, I don't want the car to waddle around the bends like a limp dick, the car the tyres were designed for the car, so i'm sticking with the bridges. just my opinion though.

Bobby

gtr mart 17th September 2014 09:29 PM

I don't mind them, certainly not enough to change them ahead of needing to. I don't agree so much with the 'it's what the car was designed to run with' thought train though as otherwise we wouldn't mod our cars would we.

How many peeps have the standard Y pipe for example? When brakes crack or need changing, how many people are fitting OEM kit again?

Steve 17th September 2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 15delux (Post 3164545)
So.... I run MPSS and sent my wheels off for refurb and had to run bridgestones for a few day.

I can't believe the difference between them. MPSS are far better for road use. No bumps, noise, I don't break my wrist everytime I go over a stone lol

Sorry Steve but you really need MPSS ;)

Well you ALL know my views by now, :chuckle:

If you want a squidey girls tyre on your super car then fine :eek:

If you want the proper tyre that Mr Nissan asked Mr Bridgestone to make for his supercar then you know which one to chose !!!

Funny enough I have been looking at another track day orientated car recently and guess what tyres it had on it ?? YES, Bridgestones :bowdown1:

Steve 17th September 2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbie (Post 3165601)
Nothing wrong with the bridges, yes they do tram line a bit but its a big wide tyre, in the wet also have had know issues, all this talk about MPSS being the better tyre, well I don't know and have not tried them, but them being not run flats and with a weaker sidewall, I don't want the car to waddle around the bends like a limp dick, the car the tyres were designed for the car, so i'm sticking with the bridges. just my opinion though.

Bobby

Hear hear AND have you ever heard of a French car using Bridgestones ??

Jap cars should have Jap tyres !!! Full Stop, as the Yanks say - Period !!! :flame::flame::flame:

gtr mart 17th September 2014 10:49 PM

Jap tyres only would also include Toyo, Dunlops and Goodyear Eagle f1's (sumitomo). Not just Bridgies

Steve 17th September 2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr mart (Post 3165889)
Jap tyres only would also include Toyo, Dunlops and Goodyear Eagle f1's (sumitomo). Not just Bridgies

Yep, Khumo, Yoko, Nankang and any other rubber condoms are made of !!:chuckle:

But deffo not FRENCH !!!!:flame:

The Cat 17th September 2014 11:14 PM

Steve
Have you ever driven or been passenger in an R35 which isn't on bridgestones and if so what did you think? Also is your gear box running in it the same grade of oil Mr Nissan sent it out of the factory with or have you replaced with something else like a lot of us have because its better than the oil Mr Nissan put in it. Sometimes change is good. Lol

gtr mart 17th September 2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cat (Post 3165953)
Steve
Have you ever driven or been passenger in an R35 which isn't on bridgestones and if so what did you think? Also is your gear box running in it the same grade of oil Mr Nissan sent it out of the factory with or have you replaced with something else like a lot of us have because its better than the oil Mr Nissan put in it. Sometimes change is good. Lol

Steve runs old spice in his gearbox rather than the OE stuff. It's much better and you don't need to replace it if it goes over 120 deg C