[IMPORTANT] 'R35' a no go?!? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th January 2005, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
r35forums.com is unaware they can edit their status

[IMPORTANT] 'R35' a no go?!?

Yeah, you might be wondering whether it will be called r35 too. I offer some exceptions to that rule, and in this thread they are all outlined. I will update it later on with some more info that I may "stumble upon."
http://r35forum.com/index.php?showtopic=33
Old 12th January 2005, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blow Dog is ugh
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

gee thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Deliberations and delusions of grandeur.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Work stuff.
Blow Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2005, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jim27 is aware that they can edit their status

Cars owned: BMW 330ci Sport (LPG), Aprilia Tuono
Is that the gentle splat-splat-splat of dripping sarcasm, Blow Dog?

Old 12th January 2005, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
240K-GT is unaware they can edit their status

Question Hmm

Just had a read of that forum, most seems like a load of codswalop (if thats how its spelt)

Quote:
Owners of the model will tell you how much of a gas hog it really is, capable of getting as low as 15-20 mpg, which isn't sufficient--rather wasn't enough in Japan where econoboxes wih 40-50mpg are the standard for conservatives.
Well yea any high performance engine aint going to get 40-50mpg and i cant see Nissan using a 3.2L engine for econo either, like they are going to get 40-50 out of one of them, unlese they run it on water.

Quote:
1. Poor reputation as far as reliability and emissions
Didnt know thay they had that serious a reliability problem, and I doubt the sales were as low as it makes out.

Just my thoughts so no trying to kill me.

Will
Old 12th January 2005, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GT-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by r35forums.com
Yeah, you might be wondering whether it will be called r35 too. I offer some exceptions to that rule, and in this thread they are all outlined. I will update it later on with some more info that I may "stumble upon."
http://r35forum.com/index.php?showtopic=33
It`s not important, thanks.
Old 12th January 2005, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bean is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: Reservation receipt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240K-GT
Just had a read of that forum, most seems like a load of codswalop (if thats how its spelt)

Well yea any high performance engine aint going to get 40-50mpg and i cant see Nissan using a 3.2L engine for econo either, like they are going to get 40-50 out of one of them, unlese they run it on water.

Didnt know thay they had that serious a reliability problem, and I doubt the sales were as low as it makes out.

Just my thoughts so no trying to kill me.

Will
Yeah - sales were so bad that they only managed to sell 1000 Nurs in one day.
As you say - mostly just highly opinionated codswallop on there.
Old 13th January 2005, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
mattb is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Skyline 25 GTST
What a load of b0ll0cks. Stop trying to plug your forum. There are plenty out here already and besides you gave it the wrong name

Matt

"yes it's a Skyline, no it's not a GTR, oh your mate has one that is 600bhp but his Cossie is faster, well I never, no it hasn't go 1000bhp... of course it's faster than your Saxo you moron!" - just another day owning a GTST:)

:)
mattb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2005, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Liam is unaware they can edit their status

pure diarumpus. talking of sh1t, i'm away to do one
Old 13th January 2005, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

what its not about plugging. Heck, Ive wanted to chage my name to r35gtr for the longest but I dont want to register again. I just want to show you guys what I think, yes its highly opinionated but the gas problem Ive come to see as valid on UK models from middlehurst or not. I dont want you guys flaming, cause really Id rather have you on my side than not. Im sorry if this isnt the place, Ive never experienced this in Canadian, Australian nor american skyline/gtr boards. I apologize for any inconviniences Ive caused, I will not come here anymore if that is what would suit you all.
Old 13th January 2005, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
mattb is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Skyline 25 GTST
There's no problem coming on here just don't post crap like that else you will get flamed to hell and back. There is no problem with fuel consumption on a GTR. A standard GTR does anywhere between 20 and 28 mpg in normal driving if you have a light foot, much the same as any comparible sports car such as the Supra, NSX or Soarer (one for mycroft). Hell my Mondeo 2.5 V6 auto has worse fuel economy than that! The problem is it is hard to actually find a standard GTR. Most have been tuned and as anyone knows if you want more power you need more air and more fuel. People that tune these cars really don't care that much about fuel economy so when you buy a second hand one most will end up doing 15 - 20 mpg.

As for the rest of you post, it looks like the standard [email protected] this forum randomly gets from the US and Canada. Losts of people talking about cars they have never seen in the flesh let alone owned. This may not be true of you but that's what it comes across as.

To be honest mate if you are insulted by what has been posted so far, don't come back as Bladerider hasn't replied yet.....

Matt

"yes it's a Skyline, no it's not a GTR, oh your mate has one that is 600bhp but his Cossie is faster, well I never, no it hasn't go 1000bhp... of course it's faster than your Saxo you moron!" - just another day owning a GTST:)

:)
mattb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2005, 09:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

thanks for your help. I really would appreciate you guys telling me what to change, or modify, that way I know from owners of current skylines and their experiences with cars. I would really rather want to work with you guys, and have constant support on what to add to my small articles. I do study at my uni day and night, fact is I just started my spring semester so I have no time, but I put the little effort I can into this hobby/project. I would really want to link to this forum and have a link here if possible. I want to link all types of Skyline/GTR forums instead of trying to compete with one each other, in which obviously my small new one is ruled out.
I have gtrcanada.com on my forums linked, and I hope to have your forums there included too, Blowdog.
Old 15th January 2005, 12:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
bnr34vspec2 is unaware they can edit their status

r34 gtr had suffered in sales primarily due to the emissions and unreliability

GTRs and fuel efficiency

80 R34 GTR to the Nissan dealer, Middlehurst U.K. in 2002

Next GTR is focusing on economy

I don't have anything positive to say to all of that............

I did, however, learned 2 new interesting words, "diarumpus" and "codswallop"
Old 15th January 2005, 01:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
bnr34vspec2 is unaware they can edit their status

r35forums.com,

Seems like you don't realize a lot of people on this forum have really extensive, indepth knowledge of the Skyline GTR.

A lot of people here have owned, modified, track driven, rebuild, restore GTRs, some people on here personally know Nissan's employees that are on the GTR's design team, and are very close with Nismo. Some people on here actually watched the next GTR test mule being tested at the Nurburgring in person, followed the test mule in their own car.

So when you come on here posting infos that are pretty much non-sense, people are not going to like it. Most people that knows don't even bother responding to these kind of thread.
Old 15th January 2005, 02:17 AM   #14 (permalink)

I dont disagree with the issue on people here being experts, Ive known that firsthand. Ive had a few different handles here, and Ive been a member here for about 2 years, since 2002. I was a member at af since about 2001, and even before that I was just posting away in mailing lists of sorts. Ive had a keen interest in all skylines since 2000-2001, yes, when the R34 was still in production. Really that's the car that got me hooked and ever since then all Ive done is be involved in the many groups there are. I just am surprised at how taken aback I was on this, you guys should rather try to help a member than to discourage one. Really I would appreciate the help than not. I wont say that what I post is b.s. because it ain't, Ive been involved with the car, seen it fristhand, ridden in one, and been at SEMA(U.S. based stuff) viewing all of which SA, Falken, APC has to offer with their GTR's. I do now extensive amounts of info on the car, but I wont say I know it all. Nay, most of you know more than employees so I think the help you guys can offer is top notch. The next gtr is the focus of nissan having an eco friendly car, if you disagree with that fact so be it.
Old 15th January 2005, 10:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ent
Ent is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: one with 4 wheels
now now lads.....he/she said he/she been involved with the car....so he/she must know more then you lot INNIT!

and he/she also said he/she has seen it fristhand, ridden in one, and been at SEMA(U.S. based stuff) viewing all of which SA, Falken, APC has to offer with their GTR's...so that means you guys who went o Japan...owned the car, visited Nismo JP, talked to the R34GTR developer know jack-all.

and he/she also said he/she know extensive amounts of info on the car...well...that wasnt what he/she said....because he put NOW instead of KNOW.....but i might have the wrong idear.

anyway.....the most important thing is....he/she said the next GTR will be eco/econ friendly car....but he/she didnt say it cant be 1000bhp, does 1/4mile in 8sec, 0-60 in 2.5sec tho did he/she?

Old 15th January 2005, 06:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Blow Dog is ugh

r35forums.com,

A community such as this is based on the contributions of its members. So far, you've done nothing but direct traffic to your own site. In popular Forum terms, this is the ultimate sin to the forum owners. We're all for cooperation but our assistance needs to be earned.

Not sure about the 'other' forums, but our forum is the only one officially recognised by Nissan JP. Mr. Hiroshi Tamura (otherwise known as Mr. GTR and the father of the next itteration) is our honourary president and I have enjoyed many dinners and discussions with him. We have been privvy to many secrets concerning the 'next' GTR but choose to retain them in the interests of trust and faith.

Your comments are interesting but it's important to remember that it is merely speculation. It may be prudent to adjust your approach when distributing Nissan GTR specific data, especially in light of the relationships many of us here have with Nissan.

I'm sure many here would be delighted to assist you in your endeavours to establish more accurate factual data concerning current and past GTR's.

Meanwhile I wish you the best of luck and welcome to the forums.

Cem K.

| Deliberations and delusions of grandeur.

| Work stuff.
Blow Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2005, 02:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

I appreciate your words of enthusiasm and support. Granted I know most here work like myself and have a busy schedule so I know people want to let loose here, but Im really just trying to make a strong collaboration by getting as many people on my site, and uniting all communities(forums). I dont want to rob any traffic, but bring forth a partnership.
So, I think it be better if we talk now about the car instead of something else, dont want to go off-topic, no sir.