GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - My R32 GTR pics
Thread: My R32 GTR pics
View Single Post
Old 12th October 2014, 07:41 PM   #505 (permalink)
tarmac terror
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Received my Greddy copy plenum the other day and was surprised by the speed. Definitely UK stock!!
Came well packaged and with fittings and o-ring etc. Looks well made TBH.

Only issues are:-
1. Some casting excess inside the main chamber. An hour with the die grinder sorted that out.
2. The mating faces for the two halves of the chamber aren't exactly 100% true. Nothing that a quick trip to the local machine shop won't cure.
3. Groove for O-ring varies slightly in depth so a thicker one might have to be sourced.

All-in-all, for £110 delivered I'm not exactly spitting the dummy!!! Machining will probably cost me £20 or so and an O-ring should be a quid or two. Also took the time to drill and tap the 1/8NPT thread to take the water/meth nozzle.

Considering that a gen Greddy plenum would be typically around £ 500, I'm more than happy to sort out the niggles for the considerable saving. Again, it's not that I CAN'T afford a genuine one but I'd rather pay less money for the same thing (niggles notwithstanding!!)
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote