Newbie? - Introduce yourself... - Page 6 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan Skyline Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18th August 2015, 08:14 PM   #101 (permalink)
K600GTR is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

New to Skylines and this forum

Hi, my name is Joe and I have been the proud owner of a midnight blue R32 GT-R for a few months now. I've always had older cars and an R32 has always been the dream, so I feel very lucky to finally have one. I looked at a few standard-ish ones but ended up with what I'd like to think is quite a special one: 24U block, uprated cams, turbos and pretty much everything else. It is insanely fast but can be quite civilised and isn't all that noisy, and looks almost subtle. Anyway I could talk about it all day but will keep it short; hello!
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:33 AM   #102 (permalink)
bluegrass is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Nismo S1 engined R33 GTR, Stagea RSfourS, Lexus LS400
Hi, I'm also new to the club.
I am waiting for my Skyline 33 GTR to arrive from Japan which I have ordered through Harlow Jap Autos. It's the Nismo Omori factory build one. It looks good on the pics and paper so am anticipating something special. Should be arriving within the next cuople of weeks.
I also have a 1999 Stagea RSFourS manual which is what really sold these cars to me, what a superb drive train. This was fresh from Japan so no rust. I've had since last Christmas and has been rustproofed and will continue to be re-rustproofed yearly as will the Skyline.
I also have a 20 year old Lexus LS400 which (of course) is the other end of the motoring spectrum but in common with other Jap cars, so reliable and top quality.
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:14 PM   #103 (permalink)
Jm-Imports is sitting on 1293 @ the hubs

josh we have a nice white R32 GTR due in 12k ;-)

Old 24th August 2015, 12:12 AM   #104 (permalink)
AAB111D is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Hi i have just signed up, been on here a few times in the last two weeks as you guys post some great stuff lol anything i have googled about gtr's it brings up a link for gtr.co.uk so u thought its time i sign up and get involved, i have bought myself a car that i have always wanted to own since gran turismo days on my ps1. Skyline R32 GTR in grey. Iv had it two weeks and have sent it to rb motorsports for a full major service and a once over to make sure it is perfect. Will be modding soon ?. Sorry about the essay but yeh my name is Abid im from manchester and i own a lovely 1992 R32 GTR.
Old 25th August 2015, 04:07 AM   #105 (permalink)
Seikenfreak is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Heyo

Tonight has been kind of surreal. I think there is a GTR in my garage? Nah, that's crazy.. It couldn't be.

My R32 GTR was just delivered into my arms today. I'm over in the the States.
Old 25th August 2015, 09:31 AM   #106 (permalink)
bluegrass is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Nismo S1 engined R33 GTR, Stagea RSfourS, Lexus LS400
Enjoy Seikenfreak. Still waiting for mine to finish the long journey from Japan.
Old 25th August 2015, 01:55 PM   #107 (permalink)
yuichunglam is broke

Hi all just signed up, hope everyone is well, I dont currently own a skyline but have just sold my car so on a lookout of a R33 GTR
Old 25th August 2015, 06:08 PM   #108 (permalink)
BenBakerGTR is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

New to the jap world!
Recently had a seat Leon Cupra R, was nothing special at 210bhp but was perfect for me, big in to detailing so that's mainly what I did to it.
Decided was time for more power so was time to go for the childhood dream of owning a gtr (since first saw 2fast 2furious haha) sadly no r34 for me but a 1996 r36 gtr vspec fresh from Japan from the brilliant guys at Harlow jap autos.
Hopefully lots to come, will start my build thread shortly.
Located in Cambridgeshire and seems to have a big jap following around here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1440522407961.jpg (1.78 MB, 17 views)
Old 27th August 2015, 11:14 PM   #109 (permalink)
Emphasis is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

I have to admit, I am a newbie lurker, but I do appreciate all of the information laid out on this forum about such an iconic car.

How did I first find out about the Skyline? I don't remember exactly, I believe it was through car chatter about 14 years ago from fellow friends at school. Needless to say, it was pretty cool to come across this forum.
Old 28th August 2015, 03:35 AM   #110 (permalink)
wwwannn is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

I'm a newbie here driving silvia s15 but would love to add r34 to my garage sometime soon.
Old 28th August 2015, 06:55 PM   #111 (permalink)
4ng3l_GTR is aka mrs_GTR

Cars owned: nissan skyline r33 gtr
am not new but i have been away for long, i own a r33 skyline, pushing 650hp.
just had a new clutch made and put in, now my Angel is on road.
i want to get to know other drivers, so do make me feel welcome.
Old 2nd September 2015, 07:55 AM   #112 (permalink)
desmoghost is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Hi everybody ! I'm Félipé, 27 yrs old, and i come to france, near the swiss border. Ifinally bought one of my childhood dreams, a BNR32 GT-R Vspec !

The car was imported by SVA imports, it is white, original bbs rim and 54 000km... and had an R34 engine . She's also equipped with Hks coilovers, nismo upper front bar and 320 km/h cluster, ARC airbox... They are currently in the process of making the english paper so i can the be approved in france and i should recover in mid-october.

That's if you have any question, do not hesitate !
Old 7th September 2015, 03:49 AM   #113 (permalink)
dngremo is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

New to the forum, I have a r32 gtr and a r35 gtr. I'm currently building the 32 and this forum seemed to answer most of my questions I've had over the last several months. There are a few things I cant find info on and when I find the right place to post I will ask. Thanks!!!!
Old 7th September 2015, 05:01 PM   #114 (permalink)
Beng87 is going RIPS RB30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBakerGTR View Post
New to the jap world!
Recently had a seat Leon Cupra R, was nothing special at 210bhp but was perfect for me, big in to detailing so that's mainly what I did to it.
Decided was time for more power so was time to go for the childhood dream of owning a gtr (since first saw 2fast 2furious haha) sadly no r34 for me but a 1996 r36 gtr vspec fresh from Japan from the brilliant guys at Harlow jap autos.
Hopefully lots to come, will start my build thread shortly.
Located in Cambridgeshire and seems to have a big jap following around here.

Nice GTR! Were abouts in cambs I'm in pboro and have a white 33 GTR
Old 10th September 2015, 11:30 PM   #115 (permalink)
jimbaw is unaware they can edit their status

Hi guys
I've had my r33 gtst for just over a month and I absolutely love it!
I'm a french expat living in cumbria and have been into jdm cars for as long as I can remember

I'm looking to making decent power so I'll more than likely require your help quite often
Old 11th September 2015, 02:00 AM   #116 (permalink)
StulikesGTRs is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Hi all. Based in Pukekohe NZ. This is a awesome reference site for information & am loving the various builds going on. Have owned a quite a few GTR's over years. All started when I was with Nissan Motor Co as Technical Engineer & my first visit to Tokyo & saw 1997 R33 GTR in Ginza show Room. Currently own R32 GTR stock engine best 1/4 12.5 110mph & R34 GTR my ulitmate toy which is going together now.
dngremo likes this.
Old 11th September 2015, 01:01 PM   #117 (permalink)
Playo is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Just a quick hello from me.

I'm looking at getting an R34 GTR at some point very soon, so thought I'd come check the forum out to get myself acquainted with the marque
Old 12th September 2015, 11:27 AM   #118 (permalink)
Jj101 is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Hi newbie here thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Jay 25 currently a owner of focus St 225 at the minute but looking to trade her in for r34 ideally would love the gtr as its been my dream car but as I want it to be my daily I've come round to thinking the 34 gt-t is going to be the choice for now, would love to hear from a few of you guys who have experience with running these cars on a day to day basis cheers.
Old 12th September 2015, 02:34 PM   #119 (permalink)
Din Viesel is ---- A black belt is a white belt that never gave up

Cars owned: Skyline
Thought I would stick my head around the door & just give you all a quick hello.
Old 13th September 2015, 10:05 AM   #120 (permalink)
Vortex is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Hey everyone!

My name is Charlie, I'm an American located near lakenheath. I used to own a Gts-t about 7 years ago. had it for 2 years then left the country... and now im back! This time time i'll be looking for a GTR32 and frequenting this forum. I've been a member of SO.com for about 8 years, but have been inactive the past 6 years as I didn't own one since then.

I've owned a small collection or Japanese imports and a few baby wagons. imports include the '91 gts-t ive mentioned, '91 s13, '96 kouki s14, USDM 06 WRX, and a USDM '14 BRZ/86. Everytime I sell a vehicle, a piece of me leaves with it. All my vehicles have been well maintained and babied and sold due to life situations. My next gtr32 will be a permanent keeper as soon as I find one.

Can't wait to chat and learn from you all here!