rd25det how do you set the timing to 15 deg for uk fuel - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 7th March 2005, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
necro is unaware they can edit their status

rd25det how do you set the timing to 15 deg for uk fuel

ive looked on every thread that i can find and theres not an exact match to help me set up the timing to 15 deg, please someone help i dont wanna screw up my car before ive had a chance to wrap it into a lampost.
engine rb25det,, ive seen some posts but they were unclear i need some clear direct instructions to tell my friend so i can get him to do it asap.

regards
nec
Old 10th March 2005, 01:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
V1H
V1H is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Hi

try the skyline owners site, they have a newbie section with FAQs on GTst (RB25det) & it looks like the ecu can be reset to run uk fuel(98ron pref) by simple procedure.
Old 11th March 2005, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

thankyou, but where is this club? site etc cant see it listed lol

ta

Old 11th March 2005, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Caoboth is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: RS Four V Stagea (Dayz Edition)
www.skylineowners.com
Old 11th March 2005, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
JasonO is absent.
New Users

Cars owned: R33GTS25T
Resetting the ecu isn't the same as setting your timing.

The reason you can't find a good explanation, is that there isn't one. It's a complicated balancing job, of idle rpm V's TPS adjustment V's CAS adjustment.........

With your idle at 650rpm (stock engine etc.) TPS should read less than 0.5V. When you have this spot on, you can adjust the timing (pickup from the pink wire sticking out of the ignitor module loom at the back of the cam cover.) for your 15 degreees. However, as you adjust the timing, the idle rpm will pickup or drop, and you'll end up chasing your tail.

Good luck

[E&OE.....]
JasonO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2005, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
RB211 is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R33GTS25t
timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonO
Resetting the ecu isn't the same as setting your timing.

The reason you can't find a good explanation, is that there isn't one. It's a complicated balancing job, of idle rpm V's TPS adjustment V's CAS adjustment.........

With your idle at 650rpm (stock engine etc.) TPS should read less than 0.5V. When you have this spot on, you can adjust the timing (pickup from the pink wire sticking out of the ignitor module loom at the back of the cam cover.) for your 15 degreees. However, as you adjust the timing, the idle rpm will pickup or drop, and you'll end up chasing your tail.

Good luck
Jason's right here, and it's been a while since I did mine. But if memory serves me right, to set the base timing to 15 deg btdc you can set the ecu to diagnostic mode by turning the wee screw on the side of the ecu one way, acw i think. When in diagnostic mode you dont chase your tail. Other thing you can do is unplug the iscv, ficv and tps and then set the timing. The big problem with setting the timing with the cam sensor is that it alters the injection timing as well, retard the timing and the fuel sits on the back of the inlet valves. Best practice is to get the timing set to whatever Nissan say it should be (as per the sticky label under the bonnet) and then get a aftermarket ecu to change timing and fueling requirements. Does anyone know if consult can change the timing permanently at ecu level?
Old 11th March 2005, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

sweet thanks guys