GTR Forum banner

Shrek a R34 V Spec II NUR R Tune

84K views 398 replies 83 participants last post by  jps 
#1 ·
Thanks to Jurgen @ JM-Imports for finding the R34 for me.

:bowdown1:

Only a few days now.....

Attachments

See less See more
#289 ·
Hi Jurgen,

Yes, you did, and do you realise its virtually a year to the day when you found Shrek,

I have found your initial e-mail to me,

"shit you have to buy that one mate

that's a NUR R1"

"Ultra-rare! Nismo R1 engine retrofit V spec II Nur!
Nur dedicated color Millennium Jade + NISMO with Aero
Nismo LMGT4 OMORI FACTORY SPEC + S tune with Sass!
Nismo R1 engine retrofit
Construction content: R1 full conversion
(N1 block for the vehicle Nürburgring, N1 turbine body continued use)

Construction time: May 2005

Construction during mileage: 37,734km"

and the rest is history - LOL

thanks again :thumbsup:

#295 ·
Yes, no problem.

The general advice was to get the largest possible, as the R34 is 4.5m long you need 5m or larger to move around the car to open the boot / bonnet etc.

so I went for the longest that will fit in my mates garage, It's the 'large' Cair-o-port @ 5.5m long. 3 fans, side and front doors, steel frame and whilst it is up against the up & over door, there is clearance when opening the door as the frame is angled inwards so no fowling issues.

Purchased from Hamilton Classic Ltd, delivery within 3 days.

#303 ·
Any excuse for a day with Shrek!

A small job today fitting a new Nismo air filter intake to Shrek,

Of course, a thorough clean to all parts and inner wings etc whilst air filters etc where off the car.

Off with the old.

Clean the parts going back on plus the inner wing etc.

and on with the new.

Great to have a fellow R1 owner call in today, R1ab - shame he arrived AFTER all the work was done! :rolleyes:

#306 ·
Bobby / Zealou5 will be adding a final update shortly with all the latest photographs (far better photographs than I can take) and full tech info of what they did with what and why etc.

in the meantime, a couple of FSB photographs.

ref Nismo intake - yes, still available new as far as I can see - send a message to Jurgen or Aarin at JM-Imports and they will get you an upto date price. :)

#310 ·
Why Spray 121

I’ve been asked why spray the Epoxy Mastic 121 rather than the usual brush it on method!

A few reasons:-

I wanted a more OEM finish both texture wise and colour wise.

Zealou5 where able to colour match the 121 to the factory primer Nissan use on the underside from new.

There’s a lot more work involved as everything in Wiltshire has to be masked off that isn’t to be sprayed (gearbox, subframes, all lines & brackets, props, hubs, suspension arms etc, etc, not to mention the entire top of the car and the engine bay interior & all holes going through to the engine bay from the chassis).

Using the same amount of Epoxy 121 as a ‘normal’ paint brush job, 3 coats rather than 2 where applied – missing nothing, all holes, cavities covered and protected and the resultant finished is superb.

This was the first time Zealou5 had applied the Epoxy by spray and it worked out really well IMO.

Probably 75% to 100% more expensive due to the massive masking off task – but well worth it and a track test day has already been booked @ Bonneville, I am that confident that this is protected for 20+ years – easy :)

plus a few close up photographs of the finish achieved and wet testing with H2SO4 & HCl – no problem. :chuckle:

#313 ·
Black LM GT4 wheels off today for a clean, inspection of the wheel arches following the work carried out by Zealou5 and a try out of the white Nur Spec Enkei wheels.

Super work, IMO, as clean as, each and every nut and bolt torqued to the correct level and identified with a green dab of paint when completed - thorough - I like it! :chuckle:

Off with the black LM's

and on with the white Enkei's.

Hmmmmmmmm :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.