Bell Housing swapped - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan GT-R > NHPC's
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2015, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
jimmybrock is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Bell Housing swapped

Just picked up the car from Middlehurst after having the Bell housing swapped under warranty. Seems a lot quieter now.

No complaints here.
Old 3rd July 2015, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
AdnanK is doing his homework

Cars owned: MY13 GTR
What year is your car? Did you have any slight vibration felt through the steering wheel? Mines a MY13 with 8k miles and I think mine needs to be changed too now.
Old 4th July 2015, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
WingedBeast1968 is still here

Cars owned: CBA R35 GT-R Black Edition Nav MY10
Mine is a September 2009 car. I was told by Gary at Westway in Oxford that mine needed doing, back in April 2012 ish. 11k miles on the clock at the time.
30k miles on the clock now, and it's just started to vibrate a bit.

I'm going to Nissan with all my guns

Old 4th July 2015, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
WingedBeast1968 is still here

Cars owned: CBA R35 GT-R Black Edition Nav MY10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanK View Post
What year is your car? Did you have any slight vibration felt through the steering wheel? Mines a MY13 with 8k miles and I think mine needs to be changed too now.
You won't feel it in the steering, it's through your feet, left foot rest more than anything. If your steering is vibrating, that's more likely to be wheel balance?
Old 5th July 2015, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
evogeof is the official popcorn seller and another popcorn is fake
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: MY60 Gtr black edition
I had a new Nissan bell housing and it's making a noise again. I'll be getting a Litchfield one fur sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
evogeof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
jimmybrock is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanK View Post
It's a 62 reg (3 years old in September) on 22k miles, car is a lot quieter & smoother to drive.

The weird thing is, is that the hand brake has been adjusted. It's properly on at one notch. Used to be at least 3 notches if not 4.

The gear changes seem smoother & quicker as well. Maybe a re-learn or possibly an update on the gearbox software but more likely not though.

Got a set of tyres & a set of brake discs & pads to do next (got them in the garage ready to go on), then the tax, then the insurance, then the MOT & 3 year service with a Litchfield warranty on the cards too. Luckily I got a brand new set of MPSS's with the car when I got it last year & they don't really need swapping over just yet but might as well get the whole lot done in one go. I bought the brakes in stages as the deals have come up on the forum over the last 8 months.