GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Sudden Skyline selling boom?
View Single Post
Old 14th October 2005, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
rasonline
rasonline is happy to be on here again (2019-10)
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Skyline GTR R32 / BMW E46 M3 / Subaru STi 6
Fact that there was a bit of a break in between the last one and the new one will mean that you will get a whole bunch of new Skyline buyers out there who don't even know the first thing about the Skyline heritage. Especially considering the target market for the new car.

A lot of corp execs i think would go out and buy 'em, just like how you see those guys driving around in E55 AMG's or BMW M5. They don't really know krap about the AMG or M heritage. And so prob the same kind of thing.

Plus the fact that the new car doesn't even look much like the old one (i mean, it looks more like a hatch than a sedan/saloon).

Plus they marketing the car all around if i'm not mistaken.. USA as Infiniti and selling to couple of other countries as NISSAN?

Not so sure everybody will clearly see the link between the new GTR and it's ancestors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rasonline is offline   Reply With Quote