GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Multi Throttle Bodies vs Single Throttle Body
View Single Post
Old 15th June 2015, 06:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
matt j
matt j is at Strawberry Racing
Following EJH#25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan ep3 turbo View Post
You no why Matt cause the multi tbs restrict flow, amt showed every one years ago.
AT what power do they become so restrictive that only a single TB will be more efficient?

Quote:
What plenums were tested back to back? From all the searches I done on forum I found a lot from twenierob saying the best all rounder was a endless single ?
Plenums? This thread is about TBs Dan.

Quote:
Also have to add £400 to the single plenum for throttle body
And how much for uprated ITBs?

Quote:
The main reason I went to single plenum is I wanted to free up some power and if it ment I could run a smaller turbo to get the power I wanted easier then I would gain more response.
Unless I'm mistaken, I run a single plenum too, I have seen multi plenum designs in the past but only in design.

Quote:
Hence why I have got a 67mm turbo, as you no Matt dyno numbers don't mean much there's so many fake numbers there's no way cars performance can be compared on a sheet of paper. The only way is time weather it be a 30-130 time or 1/4 mile
30-130 would be easier for you, unless you intend on changing your suspension and new wheels/tyres for 1/4 you won't get the traction (at Elvington). Look at Rich at TOTB, good terminal, not so good ET. By your logic Rich should have been running 9s all day long with his power.

You're still just going by opinions so here's another couple of questions to add.

Do you know the control characteristics of butterfly valves?
Have you gone for DBW linear control?

Here's a clue as to why you think your response is better.