GTR Forum banner

Single turbo manifold

5K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  GTRNICK 
#1 ·
I am going to go down the route of fitting a single turbo in the near future.

I would love some feed back on the following companies please.

Full race,
Raw brokerage,
6boost,

Or get one made to my specifications using 3.2mm steel?

#2 ·
I have just purchased a Full Race T4 manifold (you can see it in my build thread) and I have to say that the quality is simply fantastic!!!!!

I did a lot of research into all 3 manifolds from the companies you mention above. In all fairness, they are all top quality and much of a muchness... I'm sure the differences between them will be minimal.

At the end of the day I chose the one which I thought had the best feedback. Sure the Raw Brokerage has a billet collector and looks the nuts but as I say, feedback on all 3 is very positive so it's a case of which one you personally prefer.

TT

Reactions: GTRNICK
#4 ·
which is the strongest? i'm also interested in this with mounting a fairly large turbo the weight and cheap metal makes the manifolds crack and melt like chocolate in the heat, also heard of the 3 names mentioned in the first place but are there any at a more reasonable price which are also strong or will i be looking at £1k+ regardless

#5 ·
I also read that it's not just down to having a strong manifold. It's also down to having some sort of support on the down pipe to spread the weight load of the turbo and half the he exhaust system.

#6 ·
hmm but bracing on the flange can actually cause it to crack, something like that anyway, my hks manifold broke on the sr20 with a hks 3037s turbo so braced it loads and had it tig'd seemed to be fine :-/ bit unsure if i should just get a cheapy xs power manifold and brace it

#12 ·
Made in the UK so expect quality
This was made in the UK.....

Not the epitome of quality.....:chuckle:

On a serious note though. Hats off to anyone who makes decent British-made stuff :bowdown1:. We, as a country, really need to start making good quality stuff again and lots of it......

A country with nothing to sell is ****ed....(IMHO)

TT

#19 ·
I know I am reviving an old topic but I'm looking at getting a 6boost manifold for a single turbo but I can't seem to find the pictures of a top mount vs a bottom mount. Which one is the picture above showing?

Does it matter? I want to easily be able to reach things and change the turbo but not if it affects performance in a major way or causes any undo stress.

#22 ·
The problem with low mount is the size of the turbos you want to fit.

This dictates wether you use a top or low mount generally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.