CAS no injector pulse/circuit problem..(LETS DISCUSS COZ IT IS IMPORTANT ISSUE) - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline and Stagea "How to" and DIY guides
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16th January 2016, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
hadyedar is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

CAS no injector pulse/circuit problem..(LETS DISCUSS COZ IT IS IMPORTANT ISSUE)

i all...lets we disscuss this problem coz eventually all rb20/25det owner will faced this problem ...can some one xplain to me about Rb20det CAS working...there are 4 pin= 120°signal,1°signal,power and lastly earth.CAS pin no1 (120°)connected to ecu pin (41,51 crank angle sensor 120°).CAS pinno2(1°) connected to ecu pin(42,52 crank angle sensor 1°),CAS pin no3(power)conected to ecu pin(49,59 control unit power supply and ECCS RELAY)last CAS pin no4(earth/ground) connected to ecu pin (50 ground control unit) and body(earth).The question is what will happen if CAS pin no4(ground) wire snap(it still contact but remain few wire left).I've check CAS connector harness with Testlight pin 120°,1°,Power all current ok but the last one GROUNDING pin4 wire no current..i think/guess that causes injector no pulse because Ive read most Rb20det sensor using EARTH(GROUND).Correct me if i wrong.Is it posible to direct CAS grounding wire directly bypass ECU to [email protected](GROUND)does rb20det have injector fuse and relay?where is it mounted(cefiro a31)
Old 16th January 2016, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

Cars owned: R33 GTR
You can run a separate ground for the CAS.
Have you looked at the wiring diagrams for the R33 RB25DET?
Old 18th January 2016, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

injector no pulse

how to do that(s'rate CAS ground wire?)is rb20det have fuse,relay for injector?im stuck now..dont know why engine cannot started.can failing CAS cause injector no pulse?my wiring is original cefiro a31 rb20det engine..not r32 rb20det..most of socket difference from r32 rb20det such as ignitor,water temp sensor etc.1).can water temp sensor faulty cause engine cant start also?about CAS grounding..can u teach me how to direct CAS groung wire?before all this problem happen,i cannot set CAS to normal(middle)position,if do so engine no power and very³ sluggish some it stall..the only way is setting CAS to either fully clockwise or fully counter clockwise only..engine will run ok like that.many time ive check belt,cam,crankshaft timing all ok...20-do you know how to get rid of engine check lamp?it always on after 3k rpm.it happen after i change ecu and turn ecu (for check engine code)with screwdriver.

Old 18th January 2016, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
r33-sky is Awesome

Due to some problems I had recently I had to make a jig that held my CAS and made it run from a battery powered drill to emulate the engine running.
There are literally 1000's of wire diagrams on the net, the CAS is 4 wires, +Ve, -Ve/ground, inputs/power and 2x outputs, 1 degree and 360 degree, piss easy to wire & test, even with a £30 hand-help mini 'scope.
IF your having trouble then there are only 2 things that are wrong 1. You, your are not bright enough to do this, 2. your CAS is faulty.
I hope that helps.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

im not dumb..my english not good..im from malaysia by the way... lazy..heheh....maybe CAS problem...im still using jdm cefiro rb20det wiring not r32's..recently borrow cas from a friend..cannot fit in coz its from r32 rb20det..thank for the info..
Old 20th January 2016, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

.another problem question ..the problem is i cannot set CAS to normal(center)position..if i set it fully counter-clockwise engine ok to run a bit..same as i set it to fully clockwise..what is the problem?im stuck here..
Old 20th January 2016, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R32.4.5
Get a timing light on and rotate the cas till you see 20 deg line up on the crank pulley against the mark on the cover.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Spawn is happy with stock gtr

Cars owned: '94 R32 GT-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadyedar View Post
.another problem question ..the problem is i cannot set CAS to normal(center)position..if i set it fully counter-clockwise engine ok to run a bit..same as i set it to fully clockwise..what is the problem?im stuck here..
ECT sensor working properly ?

Did you check if your half moon still attached to both camshaft + CAS ?
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

halfmoon pin ok,timing ok..rb20det CAS has 4pin rite?1°,120°,power and ground..what happen if last socket(cas grounding)wire snap?can it causes engine cannot start at all?
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

what happen if RB20DET CAS grounding signal wire to ecu not function
Old 24th January 2016, 09:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

hi.. ..can some tell me how CAS failing effect to engine....recently i testing rb20det CAS with test light..all 3 pin ok(LED ON)but last pin(grounding) nothing happen..no LED signal..can it cause engine wont start?please help i feeling hopeless now..
Old 24th January 2016, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

I will try to help hadyedar.

Cas testing is very easy. Just remove it and turn the shaft with your hand when ignition key is ON. You should hear injectors clicking. Please test this and inform us.
Old 24th January 2016, 10:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

i done that mr Spawn..coil fired up but theres no injector clicking sound at all..RB20DET CAS have 4 pin 120°,1°,power and ground rite?i test it using test lamp all three ok(LED ON).but grounding pin nothing happen (LED OFF)is that normal.can faulty CAS cause engine wont start?
Old 24th January 2016, 10:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

When checking ground, you cant use LED . You should use buzzer option in multimeter and check ground pin with body of the engine.

A faulty cas definitely cause engine not to start. But if you have spark on coils when turning cas, yor problem is somewhere else.

You should definitely hear injector clicking. Can you measure your injector plugs if they have 12V when ignition key is ON
Old 24th January 2016, 10:31 AM   #15 (permalink)

some says that if car wont start try to pinch/jam fuel return pipe..how does it works and why?..pls enlighten me
Old 24th January 2016, 10:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

You should check basics before hose pinching. That teqnique is written in FSM but i don't think you problem is related with that.

Read my previous post
Old 24th January 2016, 11:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Jimbostir is Wondering: Will ANDY H ever get his 32 on the road?.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Datsun
As suggested, IF you have a spark then it can not be a CAS fault. You need to go to the injectors and see if they have battery voltage with ignition on. They should have. Then when the engine is cranked the injectors will be switched earth.
You can pinch the line all you like but if the injectors aren't switching/energised it won't run.
Go back to spawn's previous post.
Old 25th January 2016, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

how to check do it?normally if turn CAS with hand it should hear ''click click click''..mine no sound at all..coil spark ok,i unplug CAS socket n last number 4 pin(ground)waire snap..before that i check with test light,120°,1°,power ok accept the last one(grounding)test lamp not on..can it cause engine wont start?about pinching return pipe..why to do that?does injector need pressure?about fuell pump,i'm not install main fuel pump back in f/tank and catch tank..i use 2 fuelpump..1 in tank n flow into catch tank then to secondary fuelpump direct to engine..i dont know in fuelrail got air or not..what if in fuel rail full with air?what i meant is in rail 50% air and 50%fuel..can it start engine?i try crank it and it sounds bup bup bup bup still wont start. but at exhaust smells like black smoke.All above is before CAS ground pin wire snap..under dashboard(right) at fuse box upper left to right there are 4 relays.whats it use for..3 relay is same patern(lite blueish or green some like that) 1 different(brown)fuse box upper left.2 green relay at ecu one for eccs,1 more for ignition i think(correct me if i wrong)what eccs relay use for and ignition.?
Old 25th January 2016, 02:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jimbostir is Wondering: Will ANDY H ever get his 32 on the road?.
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Datsun
Your going round in circles. You said you have spark so why are you looking at the CAS still??? I think maybe you should get a garage to look at it.
Old 25th January 2016, 03:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

my dear friend,

do you know how to use a multimeter ? If your answer is yes please check if there is a battery voltage in injector sockets. If your answer is no, pay someone to fix your car..

Please forget about pinching hoses, identifying relays, ground wires etc.

Ther is 3 major things to check FIRST if your car is not starting .

1.Spark
2.Fuel
3.Compression

Since you said that there is spark when you turn CAS shaft with your hand and no click from injectors, please check injectors are supplied with voltage or not.
Jimbostir likes this.