R35 Wagon project - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th January 2016, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mas
Mas is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

R35 Wagon project

Hi folks

I've been thinking to do this, I know it's been done a few time around the world but thinking to have a go at it and see if I can achieve what I've come up with while playing with photoshop.

Photos of my newly imported project car as it stands "not even registered yet" and a photo of what I'm thinking to achieve.

getting hold of the bodykits for this project isn't an issue as I do that for living but what do you guys think? I know some would hate it from start but if you do then please let me know why is that?

Was thinking this would make a nice family car for the school run at least and I guess pushing 280PS standard isn't that slow on the roads either

Last edited by Mas; 18th August 2017 at 11:49 PM..
Mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
RSVFOUR is has actually finished his 32GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Giken powered Stagea , 32GTR , Brabus SLK, 1973 Porsche 911 , Autech Axis Stagea
personally I would call it an M35 project .

thats a good photoshop but it will be much different doing it metal or grp. I have photoshopped an daimler XJ6 front onto a series one stagea.
Looked the bisiness but it would never fit in real life.

The 35 front fits a m35 stagea ok , its been done but the rears dont match - you can make them fit with photoshop but the fact is that the doors are completely different sizes - the 35 door ends half way down the Stagea rear door in that picture so the pillar has to be moved - not practicle

Ive looked at pretty much every stagea conversion in detail and some just dont work.

good luck though if you seriously take it -on

My website -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RSVFOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
speedingpanther is Playing with R34 RB install
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: MNP R33 GTR, White Spec2 Stagea
R35 Wagon project

I say go for it - never seen one in the metal so to speak. Just pics.
The doors won't be the same as you picture mind (without a huge amount of work).

That said -
Are you going 3 door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by speedingpanther; 17th January 2016 at 12:11 PM..
speedingpanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17th January 2016, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mas
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVFOUR View Post
personally I would call it an M35 project .

thats a good photoshop but it will be much different doing it metal or grp. I have photoshopped an daimler XJ6 front onto a series one stagea.
Looked the bisiness but it would never fit in real life.

The 35 front fits a m35 stagea ok , its been done but the rears dont match - you can make them fit with photoshop but the fact is that the doors are completely different sizes - the 35 door ends half way down the Stagea rear door in that picture so the pillar has to be moved - not practicle

Ive looked at pretty much every stagea conversion in detail and some just dont work.

good luck though if you seriously take it -on
Thanks for the info mate, I'm aware there's a lot of work involved and I've seen a couple of projects where the front wings were welded onto each other.. I'm thinking to basically bolt a fiberglass wing on rather than welding the two stock metal ones like previous projects...

Regarding the doors and rear arches you're right it won't even be close as what looks on the photo but I'm going to do the bottom part of the doors with filler and shape it to that line and the rear arches actually going to be even little wider using a pair of fiberglass arches.

Rear bumper and diffuser wouldn't be too hard as I'm already in the process of putting the rear end together, As i mentioned earlier I do make bodykits for living and I've actually got the complete GTR kit ready to go on but I do know it won't be anywhere near a straight swap so a lot of body work is needed.

Was initially thinking to built it complete on carbon fibre but due to the fact that I need to cut bits I thought it's best not wasting carbon material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingpanther View Post
I say go for it - never seen one in the metal so to speak. Just pics.
The doors won't be the same as you picture mind (without a huge amount of work).

That said -
Are you going 3 door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that would be crazy, I'd be happy if I could get as close as this shape with 5 door but I guess if I find a GTR shell then I might have a chance

Last edited by Mas; 17th January 2016 at 01:17 PM..
Mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Robbie J is building a Datsun with a RB in
Registered

Cars owned: RB 280Z, 997 T and STI Leggy
I have a front bumper and splitter in the garage I would sell off cheap

JDM bumper has no headlight washer holes!
Old 17th January 2016, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mas
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie J View Post
I have a front bumper and splitter in the garage I would sell off cheap

JDM bumper has no headlight washer holes!
Cheers mate but Im going for complete Varis kit. The photo is just to give a general idea of the project. I'm looking for a pair of lights though if anyone want to get rid
Old 17th January 2016, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
RSVFOUR is has actually finished his 32GTR
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Giken powered Stagea , 32GTR , Brabus SLK, 1973 Porsche 911 , Autech Axis Stagea
As long as you know the door issue etc the way you explain seems fine .Its a lot more work than most people imagine but if you know that then go for it.

Of course with any body conversion the devil is in the details such as suage lines which make the difference between a seamless spot on body alteration to one front and one back.

Thats why Im generally not a fan of the r34 conversion - the narrower stagea rear wings make it a stagea with a wider gtr front . But if you fabricate much wider rear arches like graeme (petrolh4ad) did then it does look the business and loooks like one car
I am currently trying to sort out a series 1 change which should be unique but the problem is as Ive said the detail , If it isnt spot on i wont do it so it will be mocked up on a spare s1 I have and untill 100% sorted Ill just have to live with the nismo bodylit.
(and no I wont be saying what it is untill its done)

My website -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RSVFOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 02:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mas
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVFOUR View Post
As long as you know the door issue etc the way you explain seems fine .Its a lot more work than most people imagine but if you know that then go for it.

Of course with any body conversion the devil is in the details such as suage lines which make the difference between a seamless spot on body alteration to one front and one back.

Thats why Im generally not a fan of the r34 conversion - the narrower stagea rear wings make it a stagea with a wider gtr front . But if you fabricate much wider rear arches like graeme (petrolh4ad) did then it does look the business and loooks like one car
I am currently trying to sort out a series 1 change which should be unique but the problem is as Ive said the detail , If it isnt spot on i wont do it so it will be mocked up on a spare s1 I have and untill 100% sorted Ill just have to live with the nismo bodylit.
(and no I wont be saying what it is untill its done)

Sounds interesting, well feel free to exchange ideas about your project mate as I might be of help with some sort of work or parts.

Have you got photos of petrolh4ad's project? can't find anything about it on the search option here!