JAE 2016 - Post Event - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Meetings & Events > Post event Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SPEED MERCHANT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th September 2016, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
SPEED MERCHANT is the apparent destroyer of business's
Registered

Cars owned: ARKHAM
Post JAE 2016 - Post Event

Well what can I say, but another J.A.E came and went with the speed of British summer!

Was a strange one this year though as I heard many people echoing my thoughts of the weird atmosphere, less people turning up and rain on Saturday not helping either. It was very quiet on the Friday & Saturday night where normally people are partying / walking around; especially after the late night shenanigans of Thursday night which was a first and more attuned to a Friday or Saturday night! However come Friday & Saturday, people were in bed early! One good thing that did shine through though was proving that by the event using a dedicated showground, the grass was not waterlogged, no mud patches or bowls & the cars parked on grass were fine!

We won’t mention the toilets either

Maybe the organisers will hopefully listen to this years – as well as last years – constructive criticism for next year :good:

* Toilets need to be staffed by cleaners for around 20 hours.
* Bins need to be out by Thursday and collected more than once a day over the whole event.
* A stop to the drink driving in the evenings especially.

Anyhoo ...

I would like to thank everyone who came along to make the joint GTROC / Team Sushi stand an absolute pleasure this year. We spent time with our Scottish family who were short a few as well after various car failures just prior or during the journey. We also showed everyone Saturday night that we were party central with Dave.W’s rave tent – video coming soon

The stand this year was also graced with the almighty presence of the the clubs Chairman & the hardcore JAE attending Vice Chairman – creator of the GTROC Anti-freeze Cocktail – who were both there for the whole four days

The GTROC Treasurer also attended on Friday with Dave.W of TheGTRSHOP.com who brought his Japanese Box Car as well an R35 too to help complete the heritage line up we had from Friday onwards! Thank you to Ian as well for the annual Moscow Mules

As always some photos below – more coming – and yes I’ve probably missed loads but I’ve been ill then back to work!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=5d8936166d

( Photo album shows all JAE photos over the years so go down the bottom to the newer ones! )
davew likes this.

NISMO R35 N-ATTACK(B) PILOT - "BECAUSE I WAS INVERTED"

GTROC = BEST CLUB STAND - JAPFEST SILVERSTONE 2018
GTROC = BEST ONE MAKE CLUB STAND - JAPFEST DONNINGTON 2018

ARKHAM RACING -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPEED MERCHANT is offline   Reply With Quote