Downpipe: Reimax or Mine's - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29th November 2016, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
truupR is wanting more low
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R33 GTR
Downpipe: Reimax or Mine's

As title suggests I'm about to purchase new downpipe(s?) for my 33gtr.

The Mine's has a 2 month lead time on it but I'd wait if it's the better of the two. I'm unsure of the build quality of both. The only major difference between the two is the Reimax is a 2x 65mm pipe to a single 80mm, while the Mine's is a 2x 70mm to a single 80mm. Surely 5mm doesn't make any real difference to performance?

Not going to be pushing massive bhp. In the long run perhaps around 500ish tops. Also I'd love to say I can afford the Mine's titanium downpipe but that ain't gona happen
Old 29th November 2016, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alex C is learning my diff
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R33 GTR, Audi A8
I'm also looking - I have the Tomei outlets which are 70mm so am going to wait for the Mines I think as I don't want a smaller bore causing any disruption of Airflow, negligible as it may be.

Both Reimax and Mines are good quality.

If you have standard downpipes, have a word with Torque GT if you want something good quality, cheaper than both, equal length and available on the shelf right now
Old 29th November 2016, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah currently running standard downpipes. I'm going to be running HPI elbows which are 76mm, would seem a little counter-productive coupling it with a 65mm downpipe.

Didn't realize torque-GT did parts? Thought they only imported cars lol

edit: Just seen they do a Fujitsubo downpipe. Unsure of the diameter as it doesn't specify on there.

It seems to have that really clean sound higher up the rev ranges. It does in this video at least, but can't tell if that's also the exhaust adding to the sound. Doesn't sound as clean in this video.. hmm

Last edited by truupR; 29th November 2016 at 11:11 AM..
truupR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th November 2016, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Yes they have a Fujitsubo in stock. Its 63.5mm into 77mm when I enquired, hence my comments.

If you're going to 76mm turbo outlet pipes, then you'll have a step regardless, as I think most downpipes are 70mm. Mines and Tomei outlets are 70mm, so all matches up nicely.....

I think the equal length downpieps will all sound similar and have that pitch that I'm also looking for, but it can vary from which muffler its all mated too. Amuse R1 waiting for mine
Old 29th November 2016, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Damn it's only a 63.5mm? Unsure if that'll have any major impact on performance vs a 70mm pipe? Price isn't that much different between the Fujtisubo, Reimax and Mine's - Although it is nice knowing it's already here in the UK. It's £440 for the Fujitsubo and just over £500 for the other two so it seems more logical to get one of the larger diameter pipes..

I'm running a Tomei Expreme Ti system on mine. Hopefully get that nice clean sound when coupled with a equal length downpipe.
Old 29th November 2016, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
GT-RDC Member

Yes it was £391 yesterday but the sale has probably ended!

Don't forgot import duty & shipping on the Jap stuff in comparisons!

Any equal length should sound awesome with that. Glad you got the car running well, you got a really nice one overall.
Old 29th November 2016, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

It says £391 but when I select the R33 GTR version it goes to £435.. Might just be displaying incorrectly because it shows there's a sale still on.

If there's no major performance loss using the Fujitsubo I'll probably go with that as they're a well known brand just like the rest. Just need an expert to chime in with some research, graphs, pie charts etc lol just hassling R32 combat via text now.

Thanks! It was a chore to get running right but Andy to the rescue lol. Been enjoying it in the mean time. Got some R34 turbo's to go on but want to do all the elbow/downpipe upgrades at the same time. Not aiming for silly power. 400/450 would be lovely for a daily until it comes off the road at the end of next summer.
Old 29th November 2016, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Supertec is unaware they can edit their status

If you want the equal length then go Mines best equal length pipe out there other than going custom route. HKS is slightly bigger bore 70-85mm but it's not equal length and sound is evident between the two.

HPI outlets, HKS downpipe with Tomei Ti decat and RSR twin oval box stainless steel system 90mm
https://youtu.be/T7bcGdmHI2A

Mines outlets, Mines downpipe, Tomei Ti decat and Kakimoto twin oval box stainless system 90mm
https://youtu.be/zW0bjnRLDOc

Last edited by Supertec; 29th November 2016 at 10:34 PM..
Supertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get Tomei elbows and Mine's downpipes. They're almost identical in size with tomei's being 68mm? and Mine's at 70mm.

The closest I'm going to get unless I get front pipes custom fabricated. Clueless who in the UK that'd be able to do that. Zealou5's RB26 equal length front pipes are still in the prototype stage and won't be in production until late next year at the earliest

Anyone know of any sh*t hot fabricators for RB engines? lol
Old 30th November 2016, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Supertec is unaware they can edit their status

Tomei elbows are smaller than mines you need to look at the total volume of the outlet not just the end.
Old 30th November 2016, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

What's the inner diameter of all the elbows then? HPI elbows are noted as 76mm? Its difficult to find specific inner diameters for all the different brands of elbows :/

Just looking the possibility of getting a downpipe custom fabricated. Really not sure if it'd be too much hassle as I think they'd need a good understanding of the RB26 layout to make a pipe with all the correct twists n turns to fit properly?