Tune Factory Carbon products on Ebay - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31st January 2017, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scott Emmerson is Resisting the urge for a 997 turbo
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Tune Factory Carbon products on Ebay

Have any of you guys got any experience with "Tune Factory" on eBay?

They have a number of carbon bits for the R35 and they seem remarkably cheap but cheap usually means shoddy quality? I've also noticed that you can get quite a few nice looking carbon bits from China.

Has anyone purchased any of these products and if so, what are you thoughts on quality and fit?
Old 31st January 2017, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Emmerson View Post

They have a number of carbon bits for the R35 and they seem remarkably cheap but cheap usually means shoddy quality? I've also noticed that you can get quite a few nice looking carbon bits from China.

Has anyone purchased any of these products and if so, what are you thoughts on quality and fit?
In the past I've purchased a few bits from china via ebay and I found that very rarely did things fit correctly, nearly every part need bodging or modification to fit. Not worth it if I'm honest, try F1 CARBON his stuff is -100%%proper carbon and excellent quality. Alot of the cheaper so called carbon is fibreglass body wrapped in carbon weave looks the part but isn't carbon all the way through. My lad recently purchased a new mines style carbon engine cover for my new MY17 which God willing I should get In five weeks and it's fantastic quality and identical to the mines one and it's £600 cheaper.
WarrenA likes this.

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Cars owned: Whole new build coming soon, watch this space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Emmerson View Post

I just got some 'mines' dive planes from China, I think genuine ones are around £1500 these were £130 and look great and perfect fit

Carbon Fiber Canard M style Fit For 08-10 Nissan Skyline GTR R35 Front Bumper | eBay

Old 31st January 2017, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
pete 35 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

I'd keep well clear of terry at f1 carbon, ordered exterior package last summer, waited 7 weeks for some of the parts to come,when they came were sent back because of poor quality, I've been asking for a refund for months and am now being ignored,they have £450 quid of mine
Old 31st January 2017, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
danielhoworth is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 35 View Post
I'd keep well clear of terry at f1 carbon, ordered exterior package last summer, waited 7 weeks for some of the parts to come,when they came were sent back because of poor quality, I've been asking for a refund for months and am now being ignored,they have £450 quid of mine
Hasn't the f1carbon site disappeared? I wanted to order a ducktail boot but when I try to find the site i get 'account suspended'.
Old 31st January 2017, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brink109 is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhoworth View Post
Hasn't the f1carbon site disappeared? I wanted to order a ducktail boot but when I try to find the site i get 'account suspended'.
They have changed their name to a1carbon. Quote from Facebook: "Due to Formula 1 expressing dissatisfaction with us using the F1 in our compsny name and logo, we've been forced legally to change our company name, nothing untoward. So once we have finalised and registered the new name, all products and pages will be changed to suit."
Old 31st January 2017, 11:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Karls is Thinking about moving to Wales!
Registered

A lot of the Chinese carbon may look ok but over time you may find it will fade/go blotchy due to lack of UV protection. I've experienced exactly that from a trader on this site.
Old 31st January 2017, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Phil69 is missing having the GTR on the road
GTROC Member

Cars owned: Skyline GTR R33 V-SPEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink109 View Post
They have changed their name to a1carbon. Quote from Facebook: "Due to Formula 1 expressing dissatisfaction with us using the F1 in our compsny name and logo, we've been forced legally to change our company name, nothing untoward. So once we have finalised and registered the new name, all products and pages will be changed to suit."
Thats ironic considering how many other businesses use the same. I have a "Formula 1 autocentre" near me which is abreviated to F1autocentre in their internet address.
Old 31st January 2017, 11:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
moleman is veteren Bongard Club
Real men use a H-Pattern.

I approached F1Carbon about some of their "bespoke" work. I was told they "don't make one-offs".
How I lol'd.

I have about 20 carbon items new and used from half a dozen suppliers and almost none of it fits properly.
Best fitting by a long way is SuperTec.
moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
A1Terry is unaware they can edit their status

Hi, it's Terry from A1Carbon formerly F1Carbon. I'd just like to explain somethings as it has been brought to my attention we have been mentioned on the forum.

We are working with Peter to resolve the refund situation. Entirely our side at fault and I'll explain why. I am totally truthfull with people and I hope you understand what has happened..

We were doing quite well as a small start up company and invested all our profits back into taking on a new unit and renovating it to a high enough standard to incorporate a clean room, fitting area, fabricating area and waiting/viewing room. All was going well, and along came a Supercar business asking us to make their new model shell. It was agreed after much discussion the owner would buy into our company as an investment opportunity. The sum was £60k over 3 months, in which we would invest in a large oven, moulding costs, material costs and labour charges. We started the project and stopped all other production to conentrate on the job at hand. Not particularly worried about cash flow due to the investment over the next 3 months, £30k received.

All was going well until the owner imposed an earlier deadline on us. We worked solidly for weeks to make the moulds. On the day of the deadline at 4.30am we got the part out of the mould, but ran out of time to lay up the carbon and place in the oven. We all went to bed exhausted and left a message with the owner that we couldn't complete in time.

The owner decided to pull the plug and take the model away including the mould. He also demanded the investment money back, including sending heavies round to collect the money. To cut a long story short the project cost us £23,000 which we simply didn't have. Borrowing was the only option and clear our bank accounts.

All this obviously left us with no money to give straight back to Peter. Which is not good at all. I've paid Peter half, and will pay the rest. We don't screw people over. It's a very low point in my life at the moment trying to fix all this.

On a plus point we still have the facilities to make parts and are continuing to try and get some revenue in. We're not done yet.

As for bespoke parts, we can make them, just not cost effective in singular form. More advantageous if 5 or more people want them. Maybe didn't get that message accross properly to Moleman, sorry.

Regards Terry
Old 1st February 2017, 04:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
[email protected] is unaware they can edit their status

Dude you know i do free fitting on MOST carbon products dont you? Give me a call scott and you're local!
Mookistar and Takamo like this.
Old 1st February 2017, 04:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Skint is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

I have to give you guys credit for being open and honest about the situation and making it public on this forum.

Hope both parties can resolve the issue and find amicable grounds to move forward.
Takamo, V-SpecII, Tariq and 1 others like this.
Old 1st February 2017, 05:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
billythefish is enjoying GTR life!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

I've had quite a few dealings with Terry and I have to say, he is a top guy who produces and supplies top products. He's clearly taken a huge blow with the supercar news but I'm sure with his work ethos and attention to detail he'll back at the top where he belongs in no time! All the best Terry and respect for your honesty on the situation.
Takamo, V-SpecII and Tariq like this.
Old 1st February 2017, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thank you for the kind words, always try to be above the rest, but these things come and bite you hard. I think a quick search on google will see no complaints come up under F1carbon. Maybe now with this one, but nothing more.
Old 1st February 2017, 05:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
V-SpecII is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: Soon R34
Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
I've had quite a few dealings with Terry and I have to say, he is a top guy who produces and supplies top products. He's clearly taken a huge blow with the supercar news but I'm sure with his work ethos and attention to detail he'll back at the top where he belongs in no time! All the best Terry and respect for your honesty on the situation.
+1

Was going to say exactly what you said Billy.

Small Trader, but Big Man when it comes to openness and honesty, especially admitting liability when things go pear shape, unlike other Shady Traders that like to shift blame on to their buyers. If anything might have been given abit to much info. Hope you guys all the best, and hoping to sending you guys a bunch of other OEM R34 parts of mine to produce as back ups (no group buys this time, had enough copyright lessons last time).

For those that remember the Z-tune bumpers group buy, Terry the legend made my Z-Tune dream come alive, so got nuff respect for him for helping me (and another 20 of us) out and making us amazing parts!!
billythefish likes this.
Old 1st February 2017, 07:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
moleman is veteren Bongard Club
Real men use a H-Pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Terry View Post
As for bespoke parts, we can make them, just not cost effective in singular form. More advantageous if 5 or more people want them. Maybe didn't get that message accross properly to Moleman, sorry.
No problem, Terry. It was well communicated and understood that your definition of bespoke, is in fact a limited run dependant on the buyer doing the leg work for a group buy.

Are you going to be registering to trade here again?
moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 08:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Terry View Post
No problem, Terry. It was well communicated and understood that your definition of bespoke, is in fact a limited run dependant on the buyer doing the leg work for a group buy.

Are you going to be registering to trade here again?
Possibly Ian, see how things progress from here. However, I won't be touting business in the background under this username. Lock this account if you wish.
Old 1st February 2017, 09:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Dude you know i do free fitting on MOST carbon products dont you? Give me a call scott and you're local!
Top guys at JM. Deserve our support.
Old 1st February 2017, 09:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
snuffy is is well aware they can edit their status but hasdecided not to.
Ooo Matron !

Cars owned: GT-R & Fiat 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleman View Post
I approached F1Carbon about some of their "bespoke" work. I was told they "don't make one-offs".
How I lol'd.
There's a hairdressers near me that has a sign which says "Bespoke Haircuts".

What ? A "bespoke haircut" ? I wanted an "off the shelf" one !!
ACSpeedtech EcuTek RaceRom 5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 07:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Terry is a decent chap and grafts and I'm sure he'll sort this minor issue out and get back on top. Cheers Terry for dropping the engine cover off to me.
billythefish likes this.

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote