BNR34 Vspec II with a sprinkle of NISMO - Page 6 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:30 AM   #101 (permalink)
VSII is dreaming of looting Omori Factory
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Finishing up February was the install of the Ecliptech Shift-i. Here are a couple of pics, i still have to setup the shift points exactly how i want them. When you turn the ignition on it also lights up a number of lights to give you an indication of how charged the battery is. You can choose many different shit patterns and they have quite a few other features you will probably never use
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3152.jpg (208.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3154.jpg (223.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:39 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by In71ce View Post
That heat shield looks great, any pictures of it installed?
Cheers man, i think they are very nice too. I am installing it tomorrow most likely. There is a pic on the last page of it installed on the Omori Factory BNR34 CRS.
Old 3rd March 2017, 05:07 AM   #103 (permalink)
In71ce is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSII View Post
Cheers man, i think they are very nice too. I am installing it tomorrow most likely. There is a pic on the last page of it installed on the Omori Factory BNR34 CRS.
I have been looking to install a shroud on mine and this looks great, any part No?

Old 3rd March 2017, 05:53 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by In71ce View Post
I have been looking to install a shroud on mine and this looks great, any part No?
No part number but send me a pm and ill tell you how to get it
Old 3rd March 2017, 08:30 AM   #105 (permalink)
habu32 is ready to strike

Cars owned: 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R
Quote:
Hey habu32,

The Type-r's still have a nice note to them, but my exhaust is very quiet so it would not be a good representation of how they would normally sound. I do have adjustable Tomei cam gears, i have advanced the inlet cam and retarded the exhaust cam a little. Thats cool that you are in Japan i really want to go over and check the place out, especially the Omori Factory, R's meeting and the Nismo festival.
Yeah I love it here, I never want to leave! It would be nice to live up in mainland, but Okinawa is nice and warm almost all year round, I live 5 minutes from the beach and it's almost like a time trap here of 60's-90's cars. Basically a Japanese sports car lover's paradise. I can't go more than 5 minutes without seeing an RX-7, Skyline, Supra, JZX, WRX, etc,. Mix that with most of the typical Japanese stuff (food, style, atmosphere) and good bits of western influence...

I'm going to mainland in a few weeks with my dad, his first time to actually go out in mainland (been here to see me a few times already but not in mainland). I'll try and stop by Omori Factory, snap some pics for you!
V-SpecII likes this.
Old 6th March 2017, 07:36 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by habu32 View Post
Yeah I love it here, I never want to leave! It would be nice to live up in mainland, but Okinawa is nice and warm almost all year round, I live 5 minutes from the beach and it's almost like a time trap here of 60's-90's cars. Basically a Japanese sports car lover's paradise. I can't go more than 5 minutes without seeing an RX-7, Skyline, Supra, JZX, WRX, etc,. Mix that with most of the typical Japanese stuff (food, style, atmosphere) and good bits of western influence...

I'm going to mainland in a few weeks with my dad, his first time to actually go out in mainland (been here to see me a few times already but not in mainland). I'll try and stop by Omori Factory, snap some pics for you!
Wow that sounds like paradise Habu, I think i would quite like living there That would be very cool if you go to Omori Factory, definitely take lots of pics! I am keen to see all the clothes and merchandise they have and that sort of stuff people don't normally take photos of.
V-SpecII likes this.
Old 6th March 2017, 07:52 AM   #107 (permalink)

March 2017 -finally getting up to date

One of my coolant hoses(in front of timing cover) had developed a pin hole leak after doing the circuit and coffee day last year. A friend gave me a replacement hose to use before i replaced it with a new one. When that one was replaced one of the coolant hoses up under the back of the inlet manifold developed a tiny leak. After that i made the decision to just replace them all as i believe they were all the original 15 year old hoses.

I had already ordered a complete genuine Nissan 11 piece coolant hose kit and new genuine Nissan top and bottom radiator hoses for the car last year after the first leak. On the weekend i found time to put the car up and change all the coolant hoses including the radiator hoses. Many swear words were said and a bit of skin was lost. The only 2 i didn't change were the ones that go to the factory oil/water heat ex-changer because i believe they get removed and capped off when the Nismo oil cooler i am yet to buy is fitted. New Nissan coolant was ordered and put in, it was a shame to dump all the old stuff as it was only 12 months old

I also finally fitted the Nismo braided clutch line and flushed out the old clutch fluid and cleaned out the reservoir. I used the same PMU G-Four brake fluid for the clutch fluid. As it had been 12 months since doing the engine oil and filter i also changed them. I used an oem Nissan filter(should have got Nismo lol) and Castrol Edge Titanium 10/60 oil. I have done all oils under my ownership except the Attesa fluid in the boot and the power steering fluild. I will do them next time i have the car up, as they look very clean already.

Tomorrow i will fit the exhaust shield
Kadir likes this.

Last edited by VSII; 6th March 2017 at 08:08 AM..
VSII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 12:05 PM   #108 (permalink)
habu32 is ready to strike

Cars owned: 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R
Quote:
You can choose many different shit patterns and...
Red Duke likes this.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:18 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by habu32 View Post
Whoops my bad

This package arrived last week too, it is a new 8 piece set of mesh for the Nismo S/R-Tune front bar. It is fairly finely spaced mesh (compared to say the ztune bar mesh) and should do a great job protecting the intercooler and eventually oil cooler from damage from rocks and the like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3148.jpg (447.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3149.jpg (225.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3150.jpg (443.9 KB, 24 views)
Kadir likes this.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:45 PM   #110 (permalink)
bhp
bhp is not torque
Registered

Cars owned: WRX Sti v5, Evo 8, GTR R35
BNR34 Vspec II with a sprinkle of NISMO

What brand is the bonnet stay? Is it a zealou5 item?
Old 6th March 2017, 11:03 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
What brand is the bonnet stay? Is it a zealou5 item?
It was made in Australia bhp, a guy here just happened to make maybe 5-10 of them and they all sold. I have not heard of him making anymore, I would have bought one of the zealou5 ones if i didn't find this one locally though.

Last edited by VSII; 6th March 2017 at 11:09 PM..
VSII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 11:47 AM   #112 (permalink)
chamama is unaware they can edit their status

Awesome thread. I thought I was the only Nismo addict.Lol. Good to know that there is a whole group of people like me (actually level up than me!)

Carry on, mate! Love seeing the pictures and updates.
V-SpecII likes this.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:58 AM   #113 (permalink)
V-SpecII is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Soon R34
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamama View Post
Awesome thread. I thought I was the only Nismo addict.Lol. Good to know that there is a whole group of people like me (actually level up than me!)

Balani, you should make a thread also.
Kadir likes this.
Old 7th March 2017, 03:15 PM   #114 (permalink)
Lamont1990 is Loving every bit of my r34

what do you think of the nismo carbon fibre sides.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:03 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamama View Post

Thanks Chamama, appreciate it mate! No doubt there are many of us Nismo fans around the world and we are slowly getting to know each other I would love to see your car, do you have a thread on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont1990 View Post
what do you think of the nismo carbon fibre sides.
Do you mean the carbon side pillar garnish? If so i think the quality is fantastic on the new ones, the older I've heard weren't as good. The double sided tape is very strong i don't think they are ever coming off.
Lamont1990 likes this.
Old 8th March 2017, 06:50 AM   #116 (permalink)
chamama is unaware they can edit their status

Will do my build thread soon. As soon as I get some time. Parts started rolling in

Here's some links for you Nismo fans. Enjoy! (adding fire to the addiction!)

NISMO?OmoriFactory?Z-tune Original Dry Carbon AERO

NISMO | NISMO PARTS CATALOGUE 2016
Old 8th March 2017, 08:16 AM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks Chamama, appreciate it mate! No doubt there are many of us Nismo fans around the world and we are slowly getting to know each other I would love to see your car, do you have a thread on it?

Do you mean the carbon side pillar garnish? If so i think the quality is fantastic on the new ones, the older I've heard weren't as good. The double sided tape is very strong i don't think they are ever coming off.
The thing that put me of was the double sided tap I wasnt to sure they would hold them.
Old 8th March 2017, 08:28 AM   #118 (permalink)
bhp
bhp is not torque
Registered

Cars owned: WRX Sti v5, Evo 8, GTR R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont1990 View Post
The thing that put me of was the double sided tap I wasnt to sure they would hold them.
Don't be put off by the double sided tape, when you first install it it feels like it is not strong enough because you can pull it off and reapply it to make sure it is aligned correctly, but once it is on and after a good few hours i guess the glue on the back starts to set off and makes a real strong bond to the pillar.
Lamont1990 likes this.
Old 8th March 2017, 11:59 AM   #119 (permalink)

cheers
Old 8th March 2017, 10:12 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
Don't be put off by the double sided tape, when you first install it it feels like it is not strong enough because you can pull it off and reapply it to make sure it is aligned correctly, but once it is on and after a good few hours i guess the glue on the back starts to set off and makes a real strong bond to the pillar.
Yeah there is so much double sided tape its not going to fall off as long as the surface your mounting it to is clean. It is the good 3m double sided tape. The way it works is like Bhp says, it achieves some of its strength initially but then over the next few days achieves its full strength.

Immediately after an application is made, about 60% of the bond strength is achieved. As the adhesive continues to wet-out the surface, you can expect the bond to be at about 75% - 80% after 24 hours. After 72 hours, 95%+ of the bond strength is achieved. The bond will continue to build with time.
V-SpecII, bhp and Lamont1990 like this.