BNR34 Vspec II with a sprinkle of NISMO - Page 8 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14th March 2017, 01:30 PM   #141 (permalink)
R34GTRvspec2nur is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Lovely car
I never knew about nismo mirror cover ,exhaust shield and blue tinted side glass
Niiiice

Time to order
Anyone know if feastautoparts Japan is still going on ? There service was by far the best few years back .

Does everyone use RHD Japan nowadays ??
Old 25th March 2017, 01:57 PM   #142 (permalink)
Shawn is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Awesome looking car. I love all the Nismo bits that you have adding to it.
I am curious about those Nismo Carbon Fiber B pillar covers. Do they stick out much? Or does it fit like a "case" over the original pillars.
Old 26th March 2017, 11:44 PM   #143 (permalink)
VSII is dreaming of looting Omori Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.am.Sully View Post
maybe a set of blue Nismo mirrors ?
I'm still on the fence about these, i will order them at some point thought and see what i think of them in person. I'm not 100% sure how they are going to be on a blue car, it might be too much blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34GTRvspec2nur View Post
Lovely car
I never knew about nismo mirror cover ,exhaust shield and blue tinted side glass
Niiiice

Time to order
Anyone know if feastautoparts Japan is still going on ? There service was by far the best few years back .

Does everyone use RHD Japan nowadays ??
Thanks mate, many people seem to use RHD and love their service. I use Jesse Streeter from Streeter Corporation as i find his prices and service second to none! He ships to and welcomes customers from all over the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Awesome looking car. I love all the Nismo bits that you have adding to it.
I am curious about those Nismo Carbon Fiber B pillar covers. Do they stick out much? Or does it fit like a "case" over the original pillars.
Thanks Shawn, it sticks on top of the original plastic b pillar cover, they stick up about 1-2mm above the original plastic. I think the quality and fitment is absolutely fantastic on the new ones, the old ones look a little average to me and i had heard of them falling off although that was most likely someone who didn't clean the surface properly before hand.

Not much else to update, still waiting on Nismo for the latest part and trying to save money for the Nismo oil cooler. Apparently prices on the Nismo aero and suspension parts are going up(up to 40% ) on April 1st so im kind of tempted to order some of those parts now but i think ill just wait and see how much the prices change and then curse my stupidity later.

Last edited by VSII; 27th March 2017 at 12:08 AM..
VSII is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th April 2017, 12:37 AM   #144 (permalink)

Ok bit of an update

I got bored last week and put the order in for the Nismo fuel cap cover and the Nismo multi function blue mirrors. The blue mirrors aren't available at the moment and have no eta for when more will be produced. No big deal as like i said i was pretty on the fence about them anyway and doubt they will look good on a blue car. After that i tried to change the order to the Nismo catch can kit but it is not going to be ready/in stock for a few months. As i am already enduring quite a wait on another Nismo part i decided not to torture myself more and in the end just ordered the fuel cap cover lol.

This week i debated on buying the Nismo oil cooler, Nismo seat covers or a set of tyres for the 19 inch LM-GT4's. I will leave the result as a surprise until the parts arrive
Old 7th April 2017, 01:11 AM   #145 (permalink)

Can anyone tell me if the Nismo oil cooler has a thermostat? @bhp @jps do you have one fitted to yours? I'm wondering if there is any issue with over cooling the oil in normal driving situations.
Old 7th April 2017, 01:38 AM   #146 (permalink)
Kadir is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R34 GTR
I think Frank has a Nismo oil cooler fitted to his R34 GTR..?
Old 7th April 2017, 08:34 AM   #147 (permalink)
bhp
bhp is not torque
Registered

Cars owned: WRX Sti v5, Evo 8, GTR R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSII View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Nismo oil cooler has a thermostat? @bhp @jps do you have one fitted to yours? I'm wondering if there is any issue with over cooling the oil in normal driving situations.
Hi VSII, unfortunately i dont have a Nismo oil cooler, my car is setup with a HKS unit and as far as i am aware i dont think JPS has one fitted either.
Old 7th April 2017, 08:44 AM   #148 (permalink)
bhp
bhp is not torque
Registered

looking at this previous old thread it looks like there is a thermostat included.

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/166996-ni...r33-bnr34.html
Old 11th April 2017, 11:25 PM   #149 (permalink)

Thanks for the help, Kadir and bhp. The link to the Nismo oil cooler is an old type they no longer make. The new style bolts on(replaces) where the factory water/oil heat exchanger is and as far as i can tell from pics has no thermostat in it. I was actually wondering or should i say hoping that the alloy piece the factory heat exchanger mounts to has a thermostat built into it. I really doubt it though just wishful thinking...

I'm still on the fence about which way to go with the oil cooler, if it was a track car only id just get the Nismo but as it is primarily a street car i am inclined to go down the HKS road and have one with a thermostat.

Anyway here is some pics from yesterday, and if your playing at home and guessed tyres you'd be right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3799.jpg (295.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3800.jpg (337.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3810.jpg (268.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3814.jpg (284.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3831.jpg (285.3 KB, 22 views)
bhp and In71ce like this.
Old 12th April 2017, 04:26 PM   #150 (permalink)
bhp
bhp is not torque
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
Hi VSII, unfortunately i dont have a Nismo oil cooler, my car is setup with a HKS unit and as far as i am aware i dont think JPS has one fitted either.
My Bad, JPS does have a cooler fitted but not sure what make it is.
Old 12th April 2017, 04:50 PM   #151 (permalink)
jps
jps is working hard - dreaming bigger!
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
My Bad, JPS does have a cooler fitted but not sure what make it is.
yes, 100% correct Mr 'Nismo' bhp,

I cannot see the make of the oil cooler, but I plan to have the front end off soon for a spring clean and will investigate and post the findings!
Old 18th April 2017, 01:47 AM   #152 (permalink)

I found time to fit the 19's on Saturday, this was a few years in the making so it is great to finally have them on the car. Here are a few pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3915.jpg (486.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3917.jpg (506.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3921.jpg (517.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3918.jpg (543.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3924.jpg (455.0 KB, 33 views)
Alex C, matty32, Kadir and 4 others like this.
Old 18th April 2017, 02:44 AM   #153 (permalink)
9TR
9TR is aware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R34 GTR M-Spec #147
Nice choice.
Old 19th April 2017, 05:32 AM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TR View Post
Nice choice.
Thanks mate, i fell in love with the 19's on NickM's old car and was stoked when i found a set for sale a few years ago.

I got a couple more parts in the mail today, a Nismo sports air filter came up for sale dirt cheap so it was a no-brainer to grab it as a spare and also the Nismo fuel filler cap cover arrived which i promptly fitted. I'm quite happy with this cover as way back in 2003 i ordered the original one Nismo had for sale and was so disappointed with it i sold it off immediately lol

Nismo are keeping me waiting in the dark on the other part i have on order so after much procrastination i went ahead and ordered an oil cooler kit for the car.

I decided that i simply must have a thermostat given the car is 90% street driven. Unfortunately this meant i couldn't order the Nismo product and went with the HKS kit. The silver core and alloy ducting should match well with the wheels and various other parts on the car that are the same colour.

I am trying to stick to blue, silver, gold, red and carbon fiber as the main colours without over doing any one particular colour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4019.jpg (304.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4022.jpg (182.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4027.jpg (294.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4030.jpg (379.0 KB, 23 views)
Red Duke and bhp like this.

Last edited by VSII; 19th April 2017 at 06:04 AM..
VSII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2017, 05:38 AM   #155 (permalink)

Hello chaps, it's time for another update.

Last week I went to the #show4paul car show that was organised between Paul Walkers charity Reach Out World Wide (ROWW) that his bother Cody has now taken over and United Cinemas. It was a little expensive to enter but entry came with two tickets to see the movie (which i thought was great) with the proceeds going to ROWW. Unfortunately it was in an underground car park where hardly any of the fluro lights were working so it didn't show any of the cars off very well and made the photos pretty average. However it did kind of suit the Fast and Furious theme of having meets in car parks lol!

Here are some pics i found that were taken. Cody was a really cool guy and spent a good amount of time with everyone that came to show their car. It was great to meet him and see him taking over Paul's work with the charity
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3949.jpg (240.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3951.jpg (213.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4124.JPG (326.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4128.JPG (203.6 KB, 49 views)
bhp, Mot and GRKGTR like this.
Old 1st May 2017, 01:04 AM   #156 (permalink)

Last week i got bored and decided to start looking at reverse cameras. Since my neck isn't what it used to be i thought this might come in helpful sometimes. I will hook it up to either my Alpine double din head unit or the MFD. I got this from the guy on Facebook called R34 GTR MFD. He is very helpful, has great prices and ships very quickly, i cannot recommend him enough!

This unit is a Sony CCD true 180 degree camera, as you can see it snaps in and replaces the rhs number plate light making for a very neat install.

Something else i ordered is a piece of carbon fiber to go behind my number plate and tidy that up as i'm not 100% happy with how that is fitting at the momment.

I also plan on doing something with the interior at a later stage so i bought a second hand console lid and steering wheel which i will have re-trimmed along with the gear stick and handbrake boots. More on that later though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4110.jpg (211.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4111.jpg (298.4 KB, 25 views)
Kadir, bhp, FRRACER and 2 others like this.
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:02 AM   #157 (permalink)

Last week also saw the HKS type S oil cooler kit arrive. As mentioned i went for this kit over the Nismo kit due to the fact it had a thermostat and i will not have to worry about long warm up periods or over cooling the oil. The fact it was literally half the price of the Nismo kit didn't hurt either
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4146.jpg (285.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4151.jpg (231.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4152.jpg (314.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4153.jpg (252.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4154.jpg (223.2 KB, 14 views)
bhp and FRRACER like this.
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:24 AM   #158 (permalink)
profaine is @kurosorablog on Insta

Quote:
Last week also saw the HKS type S oil cooler kit arrive. As mentioned i went for this kit over the Nismo kit due to the fact it had a thermostat and i will not have to worry about long warm up periods or over cooling the oil. The fact it was literally half the price of the Nismo kit didn't hurt either
Interested to know your thoughts on this once you have fitted it and done some driving. I am thinking a cooler on mine before the Aussie summer arrives! Thanks.
Old 3rd May 2017, 01:54 AM   #159 (permalink)

Hey Profaine,

I have a friend with one and he has no issues with it on the track. It is a 15 row cooler so it is about as big as you can fit in there. The thermostat should regulate temps to about 80 degrees in normal driving. Is there anywhere i can see whats going on with your car?
Old 3rd May 2017, 02:12 AM   #160 (permalink)
profaine is @kurosorablog on Insta

Quote:
Hey Profaine,

I have a friend with one and he has no issues with it on the track. It is a 15 row cooler so it is about as big as you can fit in there. The thermostat should regulate temps to about 80 degrees in normal driving. Is there anywhere i can see whats going on with your car?
That is good to know! Yeah it looks like decent unit, like yourself I was originally thinking NISMO but have been following along on this thread to get some more options.
I don't have a build thread, etc. but it is relatively stock I just get the MFD flashing red at me with oil temps in the 90s after a bit of spirited driving and that is during the cold weather! I am thinking that by the time summer comes around and temps go much higher (a recent purchase, so haven't had it during a summer) it wouldn't be the worst investment!