GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   Skyline / Stagea Projects (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/skyline-stagea-projects.html)
-   -   BNR34 Vspec II with a sprinkle of NISMO (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/498089-bnr34-vspec-ii-sprinkle-nismo.html)

VSII 17th February 2017 01:03 AM

BNR34 Vspec II with a sprinkle of NISMO
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hello GTR.CO.UK,

Greetings from Australia, I have started this thread to document the purchase of my dream car, a 2001 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec II. I had been dreaming of owning this car since I first saw one in a magazine in 1999 and I was finally able to afford one in October 2015. I have also owned a 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 Gts-t Type M since early 2001 and from 2010-2016 owned a Nissan S15 Silvia Spec-R which was my daily driver in that time. I sold the S15 to be able to afford the R34 :bawling:

Here is a photo of me taking delivery of the car from the previous owner.

V-SpecII 17th February 2017 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSII (Post 5160233)
Hello GTR.CO.UK,

Greetings from Australia, I have started this thread to document the purchase of my dream car, a 2001 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec II. I had been dreaming of owning this car since I first saw one in a magazine in 1999 and I was finally able to afford one in October 2015. I have also owned a 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 Gts-t Type M since early 2001 and from 2010-2016 owned a Nissan S15 Silvia Spec-R which was my daily driver in that time. I sold the S15 to be able to afford the R34 :bawling:

Here is a photo of me taking delivery of the car from the previous owner.

Welcome aboard, stunning V-spec II you have there buddy... but just remember 1 thing Mr VSII I am the full & real V-SpecII :flame: you are just an imposter. :chairshot

Subscribed. :cool:

Kadir 17th February 2017 01:24 AM

That looks lovely! :thumbsup:

VSII 17th February 2017 01:26 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A few pics of parts i had started to collect while searching for the right car.

V-SpecII 17th February 2017 01:30 AM

Nismo heaven right thurr!!! Why 2 lmgt4s, unsure whether to go 18/19..?

VSII 17th February 2017 01:32 AM

Thanks guys, Kadir I have read your thread quite a few times. Love your car too :thumbsup:

V-SpecII - Hahaha ok I hear you, I'm not sure i have seen your car, do you have a build thread?

VSII 17th February 2017 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-SpecII (Post 5160273)
Nismo heaven right thurr!!! Why 2 lmgt4s, unsure white to go 18/19..?

Yeah i like the 18's with the more concave spokes but i also like the 19's with the dish. I was lucky to come across a set of 19's in 2015 and had to have them. I also feel like 18s will be better for using on the track and the 19's are a better street rim but no doubt ill end up taking the 19's on track at some point :blahblah:

Kadir 17th February 2017 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSII (Post 5160281)
Thanks guys, Kadir I have read your thread quite a few times. Love your car too :thumbsup:


Ah cheers buddy. Thats nice of you to say. You have good taste in car parts. This can only be a good sign of things to come for your BNR34. :thumbsup:

GRKGTR 17th February 2017 01:45 AM

Very Nice! I got my car through JLM too :)

V-SpecII 17th February 2017 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSII (Post 5160281)
V-SpecII - Hahaha ok I hear you, I'm not sure i have seen your car, do you have a build thread?

Well lets just say it with your own words... but just not applicable to me... yet. :bawling:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSII (Post 5160233)
the purchase of my dream car, a 2001 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec II.


VSII 17th February 2017 02:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by V-SpecII (Post 5160313)
Well lets just say it with your own words... but just not applicable to me... yet. :bawling:

Ah ok i definitely know that feeling, do you have much longer to wait?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRKGTR (Post 5160305)
Very Nice! I got my car through JLM too :)

Thanks mate, I did not buy the car from JLM but I did inspect it there before buying it. Then i handed over the money, got the keys and drove it 12 hours back to sunny Queensland without a single problem :clap:

Here is a couple of pics taken just after midnight, it was a long day having been up very early that morning to fly to Sydney but it was easily one of the best days of my life and one i will never forget.

V-SpecII 17th February 2017 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSII (Post 5160321)
Ah ok i definitely know that feeling, do you have much longer to wait?

I don't know how to say it in words really...

http://brisbanemigraine.com.au/wp-co...s/lifetime.jpg

...actually, lifetime kind sums it up nicely. :runaway:

VSII 17th February 2017 03:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Keep saving mate, you will get there!

A couple of days later i got it back out of the workshop and gave it a wash. Then another couple of days later i did my first mod, removing the Enkei RPF1's and fitting the 18 inch LMGT4's. You can also see how the engine bay looked when i got it.

VSII 17th February 2017 04:01 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A week later i took off the Kakimoto cat back system and replaced it with a HKS super turbo cat back system. The Kakimoto system was ridiculously loud and had to go, on top of that i much prefer the oval style mufflers on BNR34's.

While i was swapping the exhaust over i decided it was a good time to wash the rear diffuser and replace all the bolts with stainless items as some of the original ones had started to rust.

Kadir 17th February 2017 04:16 AM

I think the HKS Super Turbo is a very smart looking exhaust. Very good choice and a sensible choice too!

VSII 17th February 2017 04:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A few more parts i forgot i collected before getting the car. I also moved into my first house and bought 2/3 of my Nissan's home. Having a double car garage was another dream ticked off the list :thumbsup:

The car had the incorrect gear knob fitted from a Vspec 1 and was a bit worn so i ordered the correct one for it. I like the titanium bonnet stand as well so when one came up cheap i bought it.

VSII 17th February 2017 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadir (Post 5160425)
I think the HKS Super Turbo is a very smart looking exhaust. Very good choice and a sensible choice too!

Thanks Kadir, they are a great exhaust, i have changed exhaust again since then though ;)

Kadir 17th February 2017 04:37 AM

Aah.. I am sure you replaced it with something even nicer. I will stick around a few more minutes for the next update before retiring for the night! Clearly this car has found itself a nice new home!

VSII 17th February 2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadir (Post 5160457)
Aah.. I am sure you replaced it with something even nicer. I will stick around a few more minutes for the next update before retiring for the night! Clearly this car has found itself a nice new home!

Cheers Kadir, I have to go out now, but i will try and make a few more updates later tonight.

bhp 17th February 2017 08:55 AM

very nice car and looks like it didnt take long for the Nismo bug to bite :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.