2017 MeisterR Coilovers pictures and Members Reviews. - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Brakes, Wheels, Tyres and Suspension (Skyline)
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2017, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
MeisterR is unaware they can edit their status

Talking 2017 MeisterR Coilovers pictures and Members Reviews.

MeisterR made alot of changes in 2016, and I am sure many of our members have done a lot to their car also.
We want to get some fresh update for 2017, and we want to see what members have to say about their MeisterR coilovers.

We would like some pictures (with a MeisterR sticker preferred ) for our gallery and reviews of the coilovers from members who have used them, both new and old.
It would also be easier to have everything under a single thread to aid members doing their own research.

So if you have pictures of your car on MeisterR coilovers, please post them and write a short review of what you think of them.

1. Name: (If you want to provide it)

2. Location: (Town or County)

3. Car Make / Model / Specific Info: (Trim / Packages / Other Mods)

4. MeisterR Coilovers Model: (ZetaCRD, ZetaCRD+, GT1 etc)

5. Short Review:
a. Performance on Road:
b. Performance on Track:
c. Value for Money:
d. Would you buy again:
e. Any Personal Note:

6. Pictures:
Please attach any pictures you have of your car that you want to show the world.

7. Video:
If you have any video of your car in action on YouTube / Vimeo, please attach link to video.

Thank you for everyone's help and I look froward to some pictures and reviews.
As usual, we are available if you have any questions; just drop us a PM of there are anything we can help.

MeisterR do appreciate everyone's help, and thank you for member's continue support.

Edwin / Jerrick
Old 19th March 2017, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mookistar is so happy to be out of Skyline ownership
Site Admin.

Cars owned: Mookiwagen Passat and a good nights sleep
1. Name: Mookistar

2. Location: London

3. Nissan Skyline R33 GTR, stage 1, 18" Wheels, otherwise standard suspension set up

4. MeisterR Coilovers Model: ZetaCRD

5. Short Review:
a. Performance on Road: So, I've had these coilovers for nearly 6 months and to be honest have driven my car only a half a dozen times. Kids and work make finding time to enjoy it a struggle.
However, The car previously had Tein FLEX suspension with the EDFC and I'd found no matter what setting I chose, it was too harsh. With the new baby I wanted to soften things up without compromising the handling.

The MeisterR have been fitted on mid softness setting and are already softer than the Tein's on their softest. However, That's only when on bumpy roads. See the Tein seemed to make the whole car jitter on any bump but felt super stable when on flat fast roads.
The MeisterR however manage to iron out a lot of the bumps and undulations that would have been irritating on the Teins, but somehow feel just as planted and "firm" on those same smooth fast roads.
The car also feels more dynamic when putting the power down coming out of the corners, giving more of a feel about what the backend is doing.
The best analogy is the old coilovers seemed to act as a single entity across the whole car which made it all fell a bit rigid.
The MeisterR's feel like each corner is acting independent of each other without interfering with each other. If that makes sense.

b. Performance on Track: Ha! You're kidding, I can barely drive to the shops and back these days

c. Value for Money: I had a choice. My budget was limited and realisticaly the choice was MeisterR or BC. I chose the Meister purely because Jerrick is a forum Veteran and had had his hand in Skylines for years. Please I knew getting help or advice would have been easier.
But also, because I'd seen such positive feedback from others. For the money, I don't think I could have chosen better.

d. Would you buy again: Yup!

e. Any Personal Note: I need to drive my car more, but when I do drive it these days, on the local potholes and speedbumps out to the country lanes, the whole thing is much less "fraught" and more relaxing.

6. Pictures:
I'll find some

7. Video:
Not my kinda thing

Last edited by Mookistar; 19th March 2017 at 09:57 PM..
Old 19th March 2017, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
leeK9 is a Mine's geek
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

1. Name: LeeK9

2. Location: Ireland

3. 1992 Skyline GTR

4. Zeta CRD

5. Short Review:

I was looking for a new set of coilovers to replace my old crusty Ohlins (Carrozzeria Japan). My car is only used occasionally on nice sunny days so i was just looking to freshen up the suspension and lower the car a bit more without turning the car into a bone shaker.

I'm very happy with the Meister R CRD that i fitted in September 2016, i have the damping set pretty soft for irish roads and i found the ride comfort pretty good, its not far off the stock shocks which i found super comfortable. As soon as i fitted them i noticed there was a massive reduction in body roll over both the stock units and the Ohlins, car now corners a lot more flat even at the softest setting. There was also a big improvement in steering feel, the car feels a lot more agile almost like its been stripped of a few hundred KG of weight.

I found the keys which are used to tighten and loosen the locking collars did not fit in the grooves of the locking collars which caused them to slip, also the stock rear shocks on the GTR are super long whereas the maximum height allowable by the Meister R left the car quite a bit lower than i had anticipated...the highest setting on the Meister R was lower than the lowest setting on the Ohlins that came out.

For the money i found these coilovers great, really transformed the car and i would recommend them to anyone running an old set of suspension to freshen them up with a set of Meister R. Would definitely buy again.

6. Pictures:

Old 17th August 2019, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
MS33 is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Series III White R33 GTR with Nismo 400R bodykit
1. Name: ms33

2. Location: Portsmouth

3. 1997 Skyline GTR

4. Zeta CRD

5. Short Review:

Fitted mine today and had the tracking done, compared to the Tein's..night and day.

The CRD's make such a difference to the ride quality, so much better and comfortable but still great handling, will probably adjust the damping to see how the ride quality changes and what I prefer.

Jerrick very kindly advised me on the initial setting, very helpful chap.

Meister R....
Old 27th August 2019, 05:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lestat2369 is Just Living the dream!

These results have me interested in picking up a set...been on teins for 4 years...think I may be missing out on a much better ride....Jerrick can you pm me?
Old 27th August 2019, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
MS33 is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Series III White R33 GTR with Nismo 400R bodykit
My mate has just bought a set for his Evo 8