Butter tubs pass/North Yorkshire - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By sparkycarl85
  • 3 Post By snuffy
  • 2 Post By snuffy

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th March 2017, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
sparkycarl85 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Butter tubs pass/North Yorkshire

So decided to get baby out after winter and take her for a ride round north Yorkshire and butter tubs pass. Never really ventured up that way and been from West Yorkshire carnt believe how beautiful it is. Awsome roads was a bit foggy but a good day out with a few squeaky bum moments and a few upset and gutted bikers but no points on licence ?
Trevgtr, Chronos, snuffy and 1 others like this.
Old 13th March 2017, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
snuffy is is well aware they can edit their status but hasdecided not to.
Ooo Matron !

Cars owned: GT-R & Fiat 500
Here's a couple of one of my previous personal conveyances taken at the Butter Tubs pass a few years ago (the missus's parents live a few miles away):

ACSpeedtech EcuTek RaceRom 5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycarl85 View Post
So decided to get baby out after winter and take her for a ride round north Yorkshire and butter tubs pass. Never really ventured up that way and been from West Yorkshire carnt believe how beautiful it is. Awsome roads was a bit foggy but a good day out with a few squeaky bum moments and a few upset and gutted bikers but no points on licence ?
Quality!
R35 GT-R Black Edition ACSpeedtech remap EcuTek / Dodson Uprated gearbox +2013software/Greddy Intercooler/Russ Fellows Custom Full exhaust system+Downpipes/ASNU 1050 Injectors/ACSpeedtech intakes/R888R 275~305/Alcon Extreme duty discs+Hawk pads
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13th March 2017, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager

Cars owned: R 35 GTR
That looks quite a place.

I was looking at getting a Noble before my 35-I was purely put off by them not being practical enough.

How would you compare it to your 35?
Old 13th March 2017, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

That's my question too, are they reliable enough?
Old 13th March 2017, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ooo Matron !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREG View Post
That looks quite a place.

I was looking at getting a Noble before my 35-I was purely put off by them not being practical enough.

How would you compare it to your 35?
I owned it for 6 years, so I clearly liked it a lot.

They are completely impractical No boot either front or rear. The only space is behind the seats and small parcel shelf. You could get a squahy bag and that was about it. It meant we never went away in it that much as the missus was not happy about the lack of luggage space. (Hence I changed to an Aston).

But it's completely different to the GT-R. I had a 6-speed one (you may notice it's a GTO3 and not a GTO3-R, but a few had 6 speed boxes). It has power steering but that's it. No traction control, no ABS, nothing like that. And only two buttons - one to start the engine and one to turn the fog lights on and off. It's as far away from a GT-R as you can get. It's basically a metal space frame with an engine strapped in the back and a plastic shell covering it !

The do go like bloody hell mind you. I ended up with 375bhp and 375 lb/ft, but it's just about 1050kg.

There were two main reasons I changed it; a) luggage space (As above) and b) it was getting old and I was reading too many things going wrong with it as stuff started to corrode etc (see problems in next post).
TREG, anthonymcgrath and Trevgtr like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13th March 2017, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ooo Matron !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevgtr View Post
That's my question too, are they reliable enough?
In 6 years:

New clutch under warranty (after a couple of months).

Starter motor failed twice. I paid for the first one, it went again (after about 2 years) but the dealer sent it back and kicked up a fuss with Noble/Ford, so that did not cost me anything.

The battery used to go flat very quickly and set the alarm off, normally in the middle of the night. I trickle charger fixed that.

When I first had it, if it had been out in a lot of rain, after a few miles it was spit and cough and almost die but would keep driving. It seems it had water in the plug wells and also one of the lambda sensor connections. The dealer sorted all that out and it was fine after that.

So actually very little went wrong in 6 years.
TREG and Trevgtr like this.