V~Power or Tesco Momentum - 2017 - Page 4 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

View Poll Results: Vpower or Tesco momentum
Vpower 114 65.90%
Momentum 59 34.10%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4th April 2017, 03:47 PM   #61 (permalink)
Jayman is Owner of R34 GTR 720 hp
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

So what fuel is this higher octane fuel? As far as im aware BP 102 is no longer available. I am also sure I would have spotted a higher octane fuel if i passed it "everyday"
James
Old 4th April 2017, 05:08 PM   #62 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Cars owned: Albins Trans, 20 plate clutch,102mm exhaust / Intakes, Syvecs AWD BL FMIC,GT3282, Forged engine, GTR Perf map.1101whp
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoREoD View Post
I take it that we can also tell NissanGB you that you'll be sticking with the Dunlop Runflats as those are the only ones they recommend.
Guess whats on the car at the moment and at any far away trackday, yup runflats Michelins etc ok for pootling around on the road but I prefer the runflats and 888's as guess what the car was designed for a runflat which has ............................................ a very hard sidewall, so prob why a 888 works well as they have a ........................very hard sidewall.
Old 4th April 2017, 05:19 PM   #63 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Cars owned: Albins Trans, 20 plate clutch,102mm exhaust / Intakes, Syvecs AWD BL FMIC,GT3282, Forged engine, GTR Perf map.1101whp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
So what fuel is this higher octane fuel? As far as im aware BP 102 is no longer available. I am also sure I would have spotted a higher octane fuel if i passed it "everyday"
James
Heres the PM I got from my guy who clearly knows nothing

John, Momentum has 5% bio ethanol, Vpower has less than 0.5%.

The ethanol content can absorb water over time but don't forget that most cars have sealed vents these days.

I have a curve ball for you to try, I am deadly serious about this, been testing this since the same man who knows, told me; ******........

The bloke runs a 500hp turbo Rover V8 in a hillclimb car, no knock sensors, NO knock. He runs the engine dynos for Exxon-Mobil so they test ALL fuels and check their constituents. Their fuel is way over qouted, more like 99, with no ethanol. They achieve the octane without ethanol.

Seriously mate, I ignored this guy's advice for 18 months, then ran out of Momentum at Anglesey so had to go to the nearest station on fumes, it was ******. No word of a lie, the car jumped from 108 mph up the hill to the hairpin on the international circuit, to 115-117 mph. I was stunned!! No key reset, no nothing. Even the passenger noticed the difference.

Tested the stuff on the engine brake, slaughters V Power by miles, works in high compression two strokes too. Brilliant for turbo engines. On NA engines, we can run race fuel type ignition advance with no det.

I have been keeping this to myself for the last two years Grin Give it a try, even better if you can log knock values, see what you think. Honestly, it works just like the guy told me it would. He told me tons of ***** about all the various fuels, much too long for here.

All I ask is that you don't tell ******** or anybody else about it. Have filled mine up on it today..... Let me know what you think, would be interested in what yours reacts like to the change.

And another

Appreciate keeping it quiet dude, not many would. I have tons of proper tests carried out on the pump fuels, ******* matches or betters RMR 100 race gas, betters Momentum, slaughters V power by a long way (but only our local Vpower, the stuff sold in Cambridge matches our local Momentum) but loses compared to Elf Moto4T Max, by 4hp on 300 NA engine, but that is 102 octane race gas

Hes asked me not to say so out of respect I wont, but as i have already said IF you get a good batch of V Power even he says the car feels nippier on part throttle round town it just does not like cylinder pressure BUT it loses octane points VERY quickly

Old 4th April 2017, 06:14 PM   #64 (permalink)
T2 MSW is unaware they can edit their status

Makes no sense why he would keep it to himself and not share it. Just stupidity if you ask me
Old 4th April 2017, 06:45 PM   #65 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GT-R
Well bugger me.

All these leading edge performance car manufacturers should have just popped down the local Tesco's.

All those millions of pounds, miles and miles of testing, hot and cold climates and the like - all for nothing.

Some dude in his Rover V8 gains a few magic MPH on a track day when he uses Tesco's fuel. He has all the answers.

Well I'd better talk to Honda tomorrow in preparation for the Chinese GP, gonna need those lost MPH on that long back straight......
NickB likes this.
Old 4th April 2017, 06:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2 MSW View Post
Makes no sense why he would keep it to himself and not share it. Just stupidity if you ask me
No mate, the stupidity would be listening to this pish.
Old 4th April 2017, 06:48 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
Well bugger me.

Well I'd better talk to Honda tomorrow in preparation for the Chinese GP, gonna need those lost MPH on that long back straight......
Thats it, thats what they are missing and where their 15 kph deficit on the straights is coming from, its all down to the wrong fuel
Trev likes this.
Old 4th April 2017, 06:49 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
No mate, the stupidity would be listening to this pish.
Ahahahahaha
Trev likes this.
Old 4th April 2017, 06:51 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thats it, thats what they are missing and where their 15 kph deficit on the straights is coming from, its all down to the wrong fuel
Got it sussed.

Can't beat a good forum expert
Old 4th April 2017, 06:53 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Got it sussed.

Going slightly off topic so ill wait for the Its seriously embarrassing for Honda, I don't get how its possible. They have free rain of development, if I was McLaren or Honda the second that engine was bolted together it would be on a dyno running race sims for 24 hours a day till something broke - fix that bit and go again till its bullet proof.

Its just not acceptable to get to testing and find the engine is unreliable, slow and that badly mapped its shakes the wiring loom connector to bits.
Old 4th April 2017, 06:58 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Going slightly off topic so ill wait for the Its seriously embarrassing for Honda, I don't get how its possible. They have free rain of development, if I was McLaren or Honda the second that engine was bolted together it would be on a dyno running race sims for 24 hours a day till something broke - fix that bit and go again till its bullet proof.

Its just not acceptable to get to testing and find the engine is unreliable, slow and that badly mapped its shakes the wiring loom connector to bits.
It's not ideal.
Old 4th April 2017, 07:01 PM   #72 (permalink)
smoggy12345 is a proud owner of a Stage 2 09 GT-R!

Can I just add my 2cents.

I used to work with an Ex. Volkswagen Master Technician.

I had a problem with one of my cars in the past....and we got talking about fuels and he said that you shouldn't really religiously stick to one brand as over time the additives can create a film on the valve heads and stop them from seating properly? It's good every now and again to use a different fuel to 'wash' away some of the additives?

I suppose this could affect performance slightly if you werent getting 100% compression?

Not sure wether to take it with a grain of salt as the guy always was a bit of a crank haha
Old 4th April 2017, 07:30 PM   #73 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
Well bugger me.

All these leading edge performance car manufacturers should have just popped down the local Tesco's.

All those millions of pounds, miles and miles of testing, hot and cold climates and the like - all for nothing.

Some dude in his Rover V8 gains a few magic MPH on a track day when he uses Tesco's fuel. He has all the answers.

Did you not read anything Trev its not momentum allthough thats better than V Power, ok so your boss says use V power, thats fine, what fuel testing have you guys done? Or are you relying on word of mouth.

Last edited by dudersvr; 4th April 2017 at 07:35 PM..
dudersvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 07:31 PM   #74 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
Maybe because hes spent 100's of hours testing and doesnt want other competitors and tuners benefitting from his findings, I really dont know.
Old 4th April 2017, 07:35 PM   #75 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
Got it sussed.

Im absolutely no expert but I do listen to people who are, my knowledge of fuel stops when it goes in the car. Ive just passed on what ive been told by soomeone whos job it is to test fuels with relation to performance gains, on the subject of Momentum what is your opinion of the fact Ian Litchfield said they got the highest HP on avarage from Momentum cars, this was a conversation we had when he changed my ecutek to version 5 ? Or is he just another forum expert?
Old 4th April 2017, 07:53 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoggy12345 View Post

I had a problem with one of my cars in the past....and we got talking about fuels and he said that you shouldn't really religiously stick to one brand as over time the additives can create a film on the valve heads and stop them from seating properly? It's good every now and again to use a different fuel to 'wash' away some of the additives?

I suppose this could affect performance slightly if you werent getting 100% compression?

Not sure wether to take it with a grain of salt as the guy always was a bit of a crank haha

VW, the emission cheats?
e-charge likes this.
Old 4th April 2017, 07:56 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudersvr View Post
Did you not read anything Trev its not momentum allthough thats better than V Power, ok so your boss says use V power, thats fine, what fuel testing have you guys done? Or are you relying on word of mouth.
If I have to explain who McLaren are to you then you really do know jack s**t.

I'm done with this thread now, really can't waste anymore of my life commenting on this thread.

It's embarrassing for you.

*edited* Finally, the award winning engine (M838T V8) wasn't built and run on Tesco fuel.

Last edited by Trev; 4th April 2017 at 08:06 PM..
Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 08:03 PM   #78 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
If I have to explain who McLaren are to you then you really do know jack s**t.

I'm done with this thread now, really can't waste anymore of my life commenting on this thread.

It's embarrassing for you.
I know who Mclaren are of course, FFS I use their toothpaste everyday, but its good to know that YOU have done your own independent testing of fuel at Sheldrake, hang on is that a clue as to why you are so animated in a fuel debate Shel.....drake. Its a thread on fuel dude, now ive seen fanbois get animated about tuners , mappers etc but never about fuel, guess ive seen it all now. You dont even read posts or understand irony as in you thought i was saying Mclaren pay to use Shell, no i was intimating that maybe Shell pay Mclaren to say use Shell, after all any super unleaded will work just fine in them as it will most cars so why not cop a bung and say use this, of course we will never know but its not beyond the realms of pisasbolity Go chill dude and have a glass of wine
TREG and Trevgtr like this.
Old 4th April 2017, 08:33 PM   #79 (permalink)
5star is aware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R35 MY14
Shell is far superior.

1. They've started rolling our digital pumps like below. You can press the slow button or the fast button. And there is a nice animated LCD screen on the handle as it pumps.

2. I can pay with my mobile and I get a VAT receipt emailed straight to me.

3. When I fill up at Shell I can pretend I'm Sebastian Vettel. Which is better than pretending to be a Mum in badly fitted jeans singing Every Little Helps.

Dunno if there is any performance advantage, but the above is enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170404_141806.jpg (723.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 5th April 2017, 01:22 AM   #80 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoggy12345 View Post

Yeah, that makes logical sense, it's one of the reasons I like to use both, it's just common sense isn't it?