V~Power or Tesco Momentum - 2017 - Page 7 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

View Poll Results: Vpower or Tesco momentum
Vpower 114 65.90%
Momentum 59 34.10%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th April 2017, 05:39 PM   #121 (permalink)
terry lloyd is ........
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-charge View Post
Does anyone here really believe that a supermarket would spend that extra few pennies for a "premium" fuel which could potentially outperform a product from an established fuel development company like Shell?

They will buy the cheapest fuel they can get their hands on for as cheaply as possible to make as many pennies as possible from the mums with groceries and prams who pop in there after grabbing their weekly shopping - not giving a shit about fuel quality.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is really just kidding themselves.

Also heard too many stories about supermarket fuel being contaminated and causing damage as a result. I'm not prepared to play that game of Russian roulette.

e-charge
I am a bit confused , are you saying its not what Tesco say it is ? Think there will be laws and regulations to make sure it is
Old 9th April 2017, 05:40 PM   #122 (permalink)
Trev is Team Sheldrake Racing
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GT-R
You can't win Elliott.

This joker and his mate know more than super car manufacturers, plus he seems to have now found Wikipedia.....uh oh....

You can always tell a troll when they make sly digs about you when responding to other people's questions.
Old 9th April 2017, 05:41 PM   #123 (permalink)
e-charge is unaware they can edit their status
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: Nissan Skyline R33 GTR VSPEC
What does Tesco tell you that it is?

e-charge

Old 9th April 2017, 05:43 PM   #124 (permalink)
terry lloyd is ........

That it is a 99 oct performance fuel - not something mums with toddlers doing there shopping would put in their fiestas
Old 9th April 2017, 05:44 PM   #125 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager

Cars owned: R 35 GTR
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
You can't win Elliott.

This joker and his mate know more than super car manufacturers, plus he seems to have now found Wikipedia.....uh oh....

You can always tell a troll when they make sly digs about you when responding to other people's questions.

Take it as a joke mate as he's only pulling your leg and you have both made your points of view of which everyone is aware!!
Old 9th April 2017, 05:47 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREG View Post
Take it as a joke mate as he's only pulling your leg and you have both made your points of view of which everyone is aware!!
I never said Tesco wasn't good though, just not as good as V-Power.
TREG likes this.
Old 9th April 2017, 05:50 PM   #127 (permalink)

But but but...my mate Barry gets 3 more bhp in his Peugeot 106 with Momentum so he must be an expert.

e-charge
Trev likes this.
Old 9th April 2017, 05:51 PM   #128 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager

Cars owned: R 35 GTR
Cool

Quote:
I never said Tesco wasn't good though, just not as good as V-Power.

Lol it's only a bit of banter-Have you not heard that dog piss is the latest high octane fuel for the 35 and any high powered lawn mowers?!
shavermcspud likes this.
Old 9th April 2017, 05:53 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREG View Post
Lol it's only a bit of banter-Have you not heard that dog piss is the latest high octane fuel for the 35 and any high powered lawn mowers?!
I'm sure it was.
TREG likes this.
Old 9th April 2017, 05:58 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry lloyd View Post
That it is a 99 oct performance fuel - not something mums with toddlers doing there shopping would put in their fiestas
Hi Terry

I struggle to find the article but there is a well-written piece out there somewhere which detailed some of the processes through which additives are used to increase the RON of the fuel as well as other tweaks by the petro-chemists. If I manage to locate it I'll post it but one suggestion was that the RON was increased in some lower-quality fuels whereas others had a higher true RON.

In my opinion you're better off trying for yourself and noting the outcome. I noticed an increase in pickup and MPG in a couple of my cars when moving from Momentum to V-Power and I haven't looked back.
There are many similar stories out there too in all different forums for different cars altogether.

Some people are so determined to push their "facts" obtained from what some bloke told them.

e-charge
Old 9th April 2017, 06:46 PM   #131 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Cars owned: Albins Trans, 20 plate clutch,102mm exhaust / Intakes, Syvecs AWD BL FMIC,GT3282, Forged engine, GTR Perf map.1101whp
Quote:
"ALL fuel" huh? May be overstating that a little there but OK whatever.
So you're suggesting that one company drills and pumps all of the fuel and that same single company refines it and produces the petroleum?
Would you like a few minutes to go away and think about that one?

And to answer your question - wasn't it you who mentioned money and back-handed deals?

There have been a few comments on here from various people with valid points and insight as well as informed opinions but I have to say that you've really been pushing hard some total bollocks.

e-charge
That was from a thread on the 911 forum the same as this from someone who works in the Petro-chemical industry, ????
Old 9th April 2017, 06:49 PM   #132 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Cars owned: Albins Trans, 20 plate clutch,102mm exhaust / Intakes, Syvecs AWD BL FMIC,GT3282, Forged engine, GTR Perf map.1101whp
Quote:
Hi Terry

I struggle to find the article but there is a well-written piece out there somewhere which detailed some of the processes through which additives are used to increase the RON of the fuel as well as other tweaks by the petro-chemists. If I manage to locate it I'll post it but one suggestion was that the RON was increased in some lower-quality fuels whereas others had a higher true RON.

In my opinion you're better off trying for yourself and noting the outcome. I noticed an increase in pickup and MPG in a couple of my cars when moving from Momentum to V-Power and I haven't looked back.
There are many similar stories out there too in all different forums for different cars altogether.

Some people are so determined to push their "facts" obtained from what some bloke told them.

e-charge
Whos pushing anything?? I dont sell it and dont profit from whatever fuel you use, for all i care you may as well piss in your tank (prob better than V power) or are you another fuel fan boi, all I said is this guy tests fuels as part of his job, you can take notice and have an informed opinion or get a little angry and act like a ****, quite frankly my dear I dont give a damn.
Trevgtr likes this.
Old 9th April 2017, 06:51 PM   #133 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
But but but...my mate Barry gets 3 more bhp in his Peugeot 106 with Momentum so he must be an expert.

e-charge
Im a fuel fan boi who cant see past advertising and gets my knickers in a twist, BTW say hello to Barry
Old 9th April 2017, 06:52 PM   #134 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
"According to Wikipedia"...oh...well...I bow down to these proven facts obtained from such a reputable and trustworthy source.

e-charge
Err sorry no thats not wikipedia and you can google the findings yourself.
Old 9th April 2017, 06:59 PM   #135 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
You can't win Elliott.

No mate you are being a narrow minded **** if you cant provide any information other than McLaren use it so it must be best, like I said the guy that told me does this for a living and ive merely put his findings over many years of research, now had you had a modicum of intelligence and seeing as you work in the industry I would have thought you might have wanted to know a bit more and maybe PM'd me and asked, he would hapilly chat to you and you would be very surprised at what he has to say, but oh no Team Sheldarke clearly cant be wrong or not know something, so come on wonder boy what testing have YOU done to emphatically say V power can make more power than any other fuel on the pump? Apart from the Oh my car feels quicker!! Have you measured DET on V power and then compared with other fuels, have you had the car mapped on V power and then tried other fuels to see a power difference, no oh ok, and im the idiot LOL your a joke pal.

Im quite happy to make a sly dig at you in a response to your comment or to your face BTW
Trevgtr likes this.

Last edited by dudersvr; 9th April 2017 at 07:28 PM..
dudersvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 08:02 PM   #136 (permalink)
kindai is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudersvr View Post
like I said the guy that told me does this for a living and ive merely put his findings over many years of research

Are his results available for us to interpret ourselves?

While im not doubting the sincerity of your comments, "friend of a friend" type relayed information is not generally accurate as from the source.
Old 9th April 2017, 08:47 PM   #137 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindai View Post
Are his results available for us to interpret ourselves?

While im not doubting the sincerity of your comments, "friend of a friend" type relayed information is not generally accurate as from the source.
He does not participate in forums much or I would ask him to come on and get far more technical than I could possibly try too.
But far from a bloke in a pub he built Martin Finnegans R6 engine and also William Dunlops and mapped both bikes amongst many others, so he is hardly a bloke in a pub.

I will also leave you with this, Shell market their premium fuels predominantly as leaving you a cleaner engine and achieving more MPG rather than outright performance and of course have to have figures to back any claims up. Now where do most normal drivers spend most time throttle wise? NOT 100% open, thats for sure and response at low throttle openings etc is achieved with a fast burning fuel, which in turn is not particularly great when placed under a lot of load, which is why my friend said his ca FEELS MORE RESPONSIVE on V power round town and on part throttle than ANY of the other fuels BUT when on full throttle in say anywhere above 3rd it pulls timing, he says he can feel this in his car (500hp 996 turbo) and tallies with his dyno findings, as he says if you want to get great mileage you cant also get the ability to run big numbers timing wise, there is always a trade off.
Again this is just information and Ive thrown it out there for people to consider and research BUT having owned a Dyno Dynamics 4wd dyno from 2011 to 2016 we saw more power on Momentum than Vpower, my Supra made 1150+ HP on a Rototest Hub Dyno on Momentum with no DET running 2.5 bar boost.

Last edited by dudersvr; 9th April 2017 at 09:00 PM..
dudersvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 09:25 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered

Treg, you're wrong.

It's not banter, it's him acting like a petulant child.

How very sad.
TREG likes this.
Old 9th April 2017, 09:26 PM   #139 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

Quote:
Treg, you're wrong.

How very sad.
Why not provide the evidence he's asked for then Trev?
Old 9th April 2017, 09:31 PM   #140 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend

Quote:
Treg, you're wrong.

How very sad.
OK Trev, how about a truce And maybe a discussion, there you go olive branch and all that and after all we are ALL here because we share one passion, the R35