Litchfield Warranty - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th April 2017, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
D7reU is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Litchfield Warranty

Hi, I was wondering if you think a Litchfield Warranty is needed for a stage 4.25 2012 GTR?

Has anyone had any issues?
Old 10th April 2017, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
james_barker is unaware they can edit their status

Same as any insurance. You're offsetting risk and since the bigger the tune the bugger the risk I'd say yes. I went for it on mine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 10th April 2017, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
twobadmice is loving the banter on here
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

It depends on how much peace of mind you like? If you want to enjoy your car and not worry get it.... If you have deep pockets and don't mind a bit of risk don't.
I have it on my car.

Old 10th April 2017, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

I actually know someone who became a multi millionaire out of selling warranties, they're poor value for the client by definition, but most of us need peace of mind hence the business opportunity exists, and yes I would get one on a stage 4 too
Old 10th April 2017, 07:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
terry lloyd is ........

I do not have a warranty - would rather take the risk - am guessing its @ £1500 plus a fee to check it over first - that will go a fair way to fixing most issues unless your really unlucky
Old 10th April 2017, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Stealth69 is touching himself furiously in a desperate bid to get warm

Does the warranty cover engine builds and blocks? It says major components but if the car shags itself and puts a rod through the block taking every ancillary part with it, is that covered? Genuine question as I can't make out from what's written
Old 10th April 2017, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
D7reU is unaware they can edit their status

Has there been conman problems with the stage 4.25 that people have had with a 2011+ onwards.
Old 10th April 2017, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dsm1113 is pondering the sale of the GT-R

I'm running a similar setup and most of the people I've spoken to relay the same message; servicing is key and as long as the engine hasn't been abused (not correctly warming up and cooling down) I think you should be fine.
Old 10th April 2017, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Takamo is Living the Dream... Alhumdulillah (thanks to God)
GTR Register Trader

Cars owned: R32 GTR, R33 GTR, R34 GTR, R35 GTR and many many more!!!
Anything can go wrong with any standard or modified car, a lot depends on how's its driven and maintained and luck plays a part as well. Litchfields warranty is definitely worth doing as they honour their warranty and don't mess you about like some other warranty companies.

Official Dealers of:
Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser
Smartrack Trackers, Toad, Scorpion & Blackvue

I am a sponsor of the GTR Register!
Takamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 12:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry lloyd View Post
I do not have a warranty - would rather take the risk - am guessing its @ £1500 plus a fee to check it over first - that will go a fair way to fixing most issues unless your really unlucky
That's the wisest choice, and in the average long run you would come out on top financially, but can't blame people for taking the warranty route. Thinking about it, I'm quite surprised at myself, I gamble for a living but am still risk averse enough to buy a warranty, haha
Old 11th April 2017, 07:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kieranrob is MY11 GT-R

Am running the same set up and I don't have warranty am just taking the risk and hoping nothing major goes wrong. Luckily the GT-R is my second car so if something did go horribly wrong I can justify not having it for a few months while it gets repaired.

If I was using my car more often on track then I would look into additional warranty and Litchfield are the best out the lot
Old 11th April 2017, 04:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
borat52 is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry lloyd View Post
I'm now 4 years and 20k miles out of warranty, 2 years of which has been at 750bhp on stock motor and trans.

I'm guessing I have £7k in the kitty now compared to taking the warranty, which when I consider the opportunity cost of putting that cash to work is probably £10-12k. So even if I nuked my block tomorrow I consider that to be better than a warranty, and maybe I wont ever nuke my engine and I'll end up £25k up in a few more years.
Old 11th April 2017, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
james_barker is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat52 View Post
I'm now 4 years and 20k miles out of warranty, 2 years of which has been at 750bhp on stock motor and trans.

I'm guessing I have £7k in the kitty now compared to taking the warranty, which when I consider the opportunity cost of putting that cash to work is probably £10-12k. So even if I nuked my block tomorrow I consider that to be better than a warranty, and maybe I wont ever nuke my engine and I'll end up £25k up in a few more years.
Great example of hindsight being 20/20. Sure it would be a different view had your block gone pop 3 weeks into ownership.

As I said earlier, it's all about individual risk appetite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 11th April 2017, 07:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mr.B is Loving LM 4.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamo View Post
Anything can go wrong with any standard or modified car, a lot depends on how's its driven and maintained and luck plays a part as well. Litchfields warranty is definitely worth doing as they honour their warranty and don't mess you about like some other warranty companies.

....Like Nissan UK