Removing & Replacing Rear Nissan Badge - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27th April 2017, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
-SeanS is missing his GTR!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: 2012 Stage 4.25 GTR, 2015 Mercedes C300h AMG Line PP
Removing & Replacing Rear Nissan Badge

I've been machine polishing my Daytona Blue GTR for the last week now (few hours here and there in evenings and all day last Sunday). I've had some great results which I'm really pleased with considering it's my first attempt at correcting paintwork. The worst area by far has been the rear bumper and in particular the area around the Nissan badge, it looks like it's been attacked with a scouring pad!

I'm going to need to remove the Nissan badge to remove all the defects properly, I'm comfortable with removing the badge but when it comes to replacing it does anyone have any tips on what to use to affix the badge to the boot and how to get it perfectly aligned?

I'm going to see how I feel about the looks with the Nissan badge removed as I may just end up leaving it off, but just in case I'd appreciate peoples thoughts.

Old 27th April 2017, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Albins Trans, 20 plate clutch,102mm exhaust / Intakes, Syvecs AWD BL FMIC,GT3282, Forged engine, GTR Perf map.1101whp
Take it off with fishing line and get all the glue/tape off then use 3mm tape to put back on. Personally Id leave it off, Ive lost the GTR as well and its amazing how many people dont know what it is and are shocked when the find out its a Datsun.