GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   V8 New GT-R (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/51416-v8-new-gt-r.html)

skylinesteve 19th March 2006 02:39 AM

V8 New GT-R

i heard some rumors of a V8 going into the GT-R, not i'm not sure if it's a TT or N/A, but...just an opinion question.
do you think putting a V8 in a Skyline would be a good thing or a bad thing? the skyline in my opinion is a V6 car, and it does awesome with it. no need to stick a V8 in it. there's already a reputation behind this car. but what if they screw up in putting the V8 in the car and the new GT-R can't hold up to it's reputaion??? that would really suck.

R33_GTS-t 19th March 2006 11:51 AM

Surely the skyline is an I6 car?

Personally, I'd quite like to see an all-alloy, closed-deck, de-stroked version of the 4.5V8 in the Infiniti M45, with turbos of course. The R390 engine would also do.

Scott 22nd March 2006 07:50 PM

V6:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You need a little more research before post No4 my friend! ;)

Nocturnal 23rd March 2006 02:29 AM

I don't think the V8 idea is bad, I mean Top Secret seems to be doing well with their V8 Twin Turbo V35...

gtrlux 23rd March 2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott

. .I think so too . . there is no talking about V8s anymore in the jap. serious press! I allready mentioned this before in an other thread-:

Like the 2.5/3.5 V6 from Toyota in the new Lexus IS, who replaced the wonderfull S6 from the IS200/Altezza, Nissan will also go for the V6s . .one reason- production costs!

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...fer=news_index

. .Nissan might go in a same direction and leave the smoth S6 behind, the V8 from the Fuga is an old facelifted Block,I don't think Nissan will invest in a RB V8 . .they will go in the V6 direction:smokin:

skylinesteve 23rd March 2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrlux
there is no talking about V8s anymore in the jap. serious press!

i heard something about that but i wasn't sure if it was true...:confused:

RavenHeart 23rd March 2006 07:37 PM

Think it'll be a V6 due to emissions regs, but more important, will it be called Skyline at all?

psd1 24th March 2006 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott

Yeah...but he has a poll with post 4!!!:p :p :p

R33_GTS-t 24th March 2006 07:35 PM

Which 3 people think a V6 is what the skyline built its 'rep' on?

skylinesteve 25th March 2006 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R33_GTS-t

i do
Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenHeart
Think it'll be a V6 due to emissions regs, but more important, will it be called Skyline at all?

No, it's going to be called the GT-R, no skyline in the title

Milo 25th March 2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinesteve
i heard some rumors of a V8 going into the GT-R, not i'm not sure if it's a TT or N/A, but...just an opinion question.
do you think putting a V8 in a Skyline would be a good thing or a bad thing? the skyline in my opinion is a V6 car, and it does awesome with it. no need to stick a V8 in it. there's already a reputation behind this car. but what if they screw up in putting the V8 in the car and the new GT-R can't hold up to it's reputaion??? that would really suck.

You don't know what your talking about. You sound very silly, most people on this forum know what a skyline is, you are a little confused I think. Nissan first put a V6 in the 300zx in 1984 if I not mistaken. That has nothing to with Skylines check out this website if you don't believe me.

http://history.jbskyline.net/

Skyline's don't have a history with V configuation engines.
Think before you speak.:smokin:

SimonM 25th March 2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R33 GTS-t
Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinesteve
i do

Along with CiB and Zed999. :confused:

Skylinesteve did you even read any of the replies to your original post. The Skyline doesn't use a V6. :D

skylinesteve 26th March 2006 02:54 AM

the R34 did...it used an inline 6 TT

moleman 26th March 2006 05:28 AM

skylinesteve,

A V6 and an Inline 6 are two different things mate.

roguejackal 26th March 2006 11:28 PM

yes I believe the inline 6 cylinder Twin Turbo engine was used in the GTR32,33,and 34:)

I once had a Ford Capri with a 3.0 V6 but no turbos is that the same:D

ISJ 27th March 2006 09:28 AM

oow; well you win some and you loose some i suppose lol

i just heard a rumour that they're going to use a VW powerplant and its a W12 - that'll confuse him no end lmao.

[This is not the views of me, Nissan or VAG - it was soley intended as a ****take and bears no truth - no animals were hurt or injured in the making of this post (TM) (C) (R)]

AWoL 31st March 2006 07:50 AM

Its a shame that the inline 6 Skyline ends here...world market forces and all that...its been my favourite engine ever since my mates old man had a TR6.
Twin turbos are just an added blownus!:D :rolleyes:

R33_GTS-t 31st March 2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roguejackal

I once had a Ford Capri with a 3.0 V6 but no turbos is that the same:D

Should have got a Tickford 2.8. That had turbo(s).:cool:

bnr34vspec2 13th April 2006 05:34 PM

As long as it is twin turbo, I am happy with whatever engine, the bigger the engine, the better..........any high revving 3.5L+ V6, V8, V10........would do :D

It would be even better if they make it N/A, so I can keep my money in the bank and lose my obsession to the GTR for good :p

Marky_GTSt 30th April 2006 04:14 AM

Tickford, Now theres a name I havnt heard in a while, R33_GTS-t, did you ever see the Triumph Stag they did ?

Sorry to go off topic a bit......................

Mark.