Best price on a Titan Street system? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance


Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
danielhoworth is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 119
Best price on a Titan Street system?

I've lurked in the for sale section and posted in the wanted section looking for a used titan street system, but it seems used examples are few and far between.

What's the best price people have spotted for the full system, and where?

I've seen £3k here: Nissan R35 GTR GTC Titan 102mm Titanium Exhaust | JDM Garage UK - Nissan Specialists

Also the description at the top of the page says '102mm', all good, but then in the detailed description it states - 'Features a 90 mm centre pipe which splits into x2 60 mm piping.' Probably have to call them to find out if its the 102mm or older (I think) 90mm system?

Dan
__________________
danielhoworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member
 
Trevgtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 2,354
Sounds like they forgot to update the write up to 102mm. Mine's the Street version (same as that) but 90mm and sounds epic. Any reason you need 102mm?
stokegtrlad likes this.
__________________
Trevgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
stokegtrlad is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
stokegtrlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 142
How does the sound of the street compare to the race titan .. I'm also in the market for a new system on mine

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
__________________
stokegtrlad is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
danielhoworth is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevgtr View Post
Sounds like they forgot to update the write up to 102mm. Mine's the Street version (same as that) but 90mm and sounds epic. Any reason you need 102mm?
No reason I need a 102mm system. Do they both sound the same? Only thing I'm not sure on is I have SVM's catless downpipes, married up with with their Y pipe and 102mm system. Will the y pipe that comes with the 90mm titan street system marry up with my down pipes?

Is your location of Somerset correct also shown under your profile name / pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokegtrlad View Post
How does the sound of the street compare to the race titan .. I'm also in the market for a new system on mine

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
What system do you have on at the minute? The titan race has no silencers at all, it's just a piece of titanium pipe that runs underneath the car to the rear sounds awesome in my opinion but too loud for some.

I use my GTR as my daily and set off to work around 5am. I feel bad for my neighbours now without going for the race
__________________
danielhoworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
stokegtrlad is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
stokegtrlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhoworth View Post
No reason I need a 102mm system. Do they both sound the same? Only thing I'm not sure on is I have SVM's catless downpipes, married up with with their Y pipe and 102mm system. Will the y pipe that comes with the 90mm titan street system marry up with my down pipes?

Is your location of Somerset correct also shown under your profile name / pic?



What system do you have on at the minute? The titan race has no silencers at all, it's just a piece of titanium pipe that runs underneath the car to the rear sounds awesome in my opinion but too loud for some.

I use my GTR as my daily and set off to work around 5am. I feel bad for my neighbours now without going for the race
Haha I just have a resonated y pipe at the minute it sounds way to tame for my liking I only use the car for a toy so I would probably prefer the race system then as it will match the ocassion haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
__________________
stokegtrlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
danielhoworth is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokegtrlad View Post
Haha I just have a resonated y pipe at the minute it sounds way to tame for my liking I only use the car for a toy so I would probably prefer the race system then as it will match the ocassion haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
As soon as I buy a new system I'll have SVM's 102mm system with Y pipe for sale. If you're liking the sound of the titan race though I think it will be too quiet for you.
__________________
danielhoworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
stokegtrlad is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
stokegtrlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 142
Yeah I seen a few svm systems for sale for being to quiet I did look into the Litchfield 102 but it's hard tell off YouTube what they truly sound like

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
__________________
stokegtrlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
D7reU is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 97
Go for Titan 102mm Superstreet
__________________
D7reU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
danielhoworth is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 119
Called JDM garage and they confirmed it's the 102mm system. He wasn't sure whether it would fit my catless downpipes though. Emailed SVM now to see whether I'll need new downpipes too, which if I do do will mean changes to the map
__________________
danielhoworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
stokegtrlad is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
stokegtrlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 142
That's why I'm going wait till I get injectors and intake till I get them all fitted in one go

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
__________________
stokegtrlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member
 
Trevgtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhoworth View Post
No reason I need a 102mm system. Do they both sound the same? Only thing I'm not sure on is I have SVM's catless downpipes, married up with with their Y pipe and 102mm system. Will the y pipe that comes with the 90mm titan street system marry up with my down pipes?

Is your location of Somerset correct also shown under your profile name / pic?


I believe the 102 may be slightly quieter but probably sounds the same to all intents and purposes.

Don't know about fitment size to aftermarket downpipes (I have stock DP's) I always thought DP's had standard size flanges though.

No, I live in Scotland, just wrote Somerset for a joke. Ha sorry, yes I live in Somerset
__________________
Trevgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
charles charlie is chasing a Veyron from 30-130mph
GT-RDC Member
 
charles charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North West
Cars owned: E36 M3 Evo, Mini Cooper S, 996 Boxster S, Caterham Super 7, Merc Tractor :(
Posts: 7,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhoworth View Post
Called JDM garage and they confirmed it's the 102mm system. He wasn't sure whether it would fit my catless downpipes though. Emailed SVM now to see whether I'll need new downpipes too, which if I do do will mean changes to the map
If you already have catless downpipes why would you need a new tune?

There's no reason why fuelling etc would change just by adding a new exhaust as nothing has changed that requires it.

You'd only need a new tune if you were removing any cats in the first place.

All downpipes fit 99% of aftermarket exhaust. The only ones that don't are the recently released larger system from Linney that marries their larger downpipes with the larger exhaust.

The 102mm system fits standard sized downpipes which you have.
__________________
Arrived 29/5/09 Reborn 12/1/17
______________________________________


Engine built @ RiversideRacing
Litcho rods/pistons/RaceIC/BOVs/oil cooler/susp+handling kit/front diff
Race Developments ported manifold/AT Power TBs
RF street zorst+DPs
RacingBrake BBK
Xtreme18 Clutch/Dodson 1st gear+shaft/trans brace
2015 alloys/nav upgrade/Nismo cluster
DSC susp controller
DBA front/Varis CF bonnet/2016 Lights
TTE7XX turbos = >900bhp 700lbsft 30-130mph in 8.19s



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charles charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 05:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
NELLEE is Attracted to women half his age and half is weight!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
NELLEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Cheshire R35 DMG 2009/ 2012 Black r35
Posts: 484
There was one on Ebay a while ago, I don't think it sold, lad wanted £700 but it needed a weld

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...43020&view=all
__________________
NELLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
danielhoworth is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles charlie View Post
If you already have catless downpipes why would you need a new tune?

There's no reason why fuelling etc would change just by adding a new exhaust as nothing has changed that requires it.

You'd only need a new tune if you were removing any cats in the first place.

All downpipes fit 99% of aftermarket exhaust. The only ones that don't are the recently released larger system from Linney that marries their larger downpipes with the larger exhaust.

The 102mm system fits standard sized downpipes which you have.
A 102 titan street system popped up on battalion35 earlier from valet magic. Just talked with Rob and purchased the system. Will be heading down there to collect and have fitted next Thursday.

Hopefully what you say is correct and it goes straight on.

Thanks
__________________
danielhoworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 05:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
stokegtrlad is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
stokegtrlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhoworth View Post
A 102 titan street system popped up on battalion35 earlier from valet magic. Just talked with Rob and purchased the system. Will be heading down there to collect and have fitted next Thursday.

Hopefully what you say is correct and it goes straight on.

Thanks
Nice work mate get some videos up when it's all installed

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
danielhoworth likes this.
__________________
stokegtrlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
DocT is Litchfield LM1 storm trooper
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 407
OT but could someone help me join the Battalion30five group?
__________________
DocT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
danielhoworth is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocT View Post
OT but could someone help me join the Battalion30five group?
Whats your name (and profile pic) for Facebook mate? I'll invite you to the group. There's plenty of bat35 classifieds groups including UK only too. That's how I found my exhaust today.

PM me if you prefer.
__________________
danielhoworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
DocT is Litchfield LM1 storm trooper
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhoworth View Post
Whats your name (and profile pic) for Facebook mate? I'll invite you to the group. There's plenty of bat35 classifieds groups including UK only too. That's how I found my exhaust today.

PM me if you prefer.

Have PM'd you.
__________________
DocT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
terry lloyd is ........
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member
 
terry lloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: peterborough
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokegtrlad View Post
That's why I'm going wait till I get injectors and intake till I get them all fitted in one go

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Taken from another thread - made me Lol

I dont really want to go to stage 4 really i know everyone probably says this lol the most i wanted to go is stage 2 but tbh im more interested in sound and looks as the gtr is plenty fast enough for me.. my query on the software was more a concern as i didnt like the idea of a plug and play device but j know alot of people use them and have no issues .. it does seem im better getting all the parts together i want to add i.e exhausht down pipes then going in for the map to be done i just wanted 600bhp and around the same tourqe level ... thanks for the reply mate
stokegtrlad likes this.
__________________
terry lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
stokegtrlad is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling
 
stokegtrlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 142
I know mate I have had a change of heart after looking into the costs of both it seems stupid as deep down I know I will always end up wanting more power might aswell get it to stage 4 then the costs jump so should keep me a bay for a bit haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
terry lloyd likes this.
__________________
stokegtrlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com

tyreforums

 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.