GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - R32 ground up restoration
View Single Post
Old 8th February 2017, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
N.I. R32 GTR
N.I. R32 GTR is Spring in my step
Registered

R32 ground up restoration

Morning folks. Probably should have got around to making a project folder 3 years ago when I started, but spending a lot of time online wouldn't be something i do a lot. I bought the car from newera around 10 years ago, purchased as a low mileage stage one mines tuned concours car. Well the beautiful Irish weather didn't take long changing that. Beyond the paint work and engine bay, everything was starting to age badly, so what started as a rocker cover refurb and inlet manifold, manifested into a full blown strip down. I've gradually moved along with the car but made a few bad decisions regarding the shell and wasted a lot of time and quite a bit of money. Mistakes have been made and rectified, but progress is fast now and everything else is just waiting on the shell being completed and painted. The project is quite similar to KEV's R32gtr project, so a lot of pictures will look the same, lol. We are roughly around the same stage, but obviously with his other 40 ongoing projects, I seem to be taking the lead. Cheers Kev..***128077; I'll hit you with a lot of eye candy as I know that's what we like.***128077;