GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Has anyone seen (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/515353-has-anyone-seen.html)

Cardiff R33 28th May 2017 11:11 PM

Has anyone seen
 
A black MY17 with black prestige leather for sale? Pretty sure it's the spec I want but most cars for sale are ex demo recaros

Monster GTR 29th May 2017 03:27 PM

Westway Aldershot had one new for sale in the showroom a month ago. It defo wasn't a recaro as I sat in it and I prefer recaro so dimissed it. Not sure if its still there but give Guy a call.
If not its a case of ringing around the dealers.
Exeter have just advertised their black demo (although recaro) but has been for sale on their forecourt for two months so worth calling dealers.
Good luck.

Skint 29th May 2017 04:21 PM

Theres a black demo at Glyn Hopkins Romford

Cardiff R33 29th May 2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster GTR (Post 5307569)
Westway Aldershot had one new for sale in the showroom a month ago. It defo wasn't a recaro as I sat in it and I prefer recaro so dimissed it. Not sure if its still there but give Guy a call.
If not its a case of ringing around the dealers.
Exeter have just advertised their black demo (although recaro) but has been for sale on their forecourt for two months so worth calling dealers.
Good luck.


Do you mind me asking why you prefer the recaro?

Cardiff R33 29th May 2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skint (Post 5307617)
Theres a black demo at Glyn Hopkins Romford

With prestige black leather?

Trevgtr 29th May 2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardiff R33 (Post 5307697)
Do you mind me asking why you prefer the recaro?

Most people prefer it because it just looks less drab, and some think the prestige leather is too baggy fitting.

Did you see the poll on interior choices a few months ago?

Cardiff R33 29th May 2017 06:33 PM

Yes I saw that. I'm not a fan of the ivory or ten, I would love a black with then if there was less tan and it was a different shade.

I do like the prestige though and think it looks more expensive and modern than the recaro. I wish the recaro seats looked newer than those in previous MY's

Monster GTR 29th May 2017 09:50 PM

Hi. I have always preferred recaro from way back in my Capri 3.0S/Sierra Cosworth days but everyone to their own. I also think the red helps brighten the interior.

I also dismissed the black as I have black at the moment so my preference is white or DMG as I think it contrasts better IMO. Everyone to their own.

Good luck with your search.

Rich.

Cardiff R33 29th May 2017 11:44 PM

Funny as I have had red and white hence looking at black or grey.

The grey looked lovely in the showroom but I feel it's a bit plain in natural light

Adamantium 30th May 2017 08:05 AM

He recaro also has red stitching on the dashboard and the doors. His privides a contrast that splits up the acres of black.

Tha alone was reason for me to prefer it and you notice it far more from behind wheel where you spend most of the time with the car! They are also more comfortable than the prestige seats.

Cardiff R33 30th May 2017 10:42 AM

I think you are right. A black car with plain black interior will be a bit drab, I do love the red stitching on the Recaro so may end up swaying that way

Monster GTR 30th May 2017 09:20 PM

If you do and want a nearly new then Exeter have their black demo, very low miles and under 72000, maybe less!

TAZZMAXX 30th May 2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium (Post 5308361)
He recaro also has red stitching on the dashboard and the doors. His privides a contrast that splits up the acres of black.

Tha alone was reason for me to prefer it and you notice it far more from behind wheel where you spend most of the time with the car! They are also more comfortable than the prestige seats.

You've got some T's missing there Adam. Not like you:D

Cardiff R33 30th May 2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster GTR (Post 5309017)
If you do and want a nearly new then Exeter have their black demo, very low miles and under 72000, maybe less!

Is it a recaro?

Trevgtr 31st May 2017 01:21 AM

Funny how folk can change opinion so easily based on a few sentences :) Makes you realise the power of various biased news channels and how easily they can influence people.

Cardiff R33 31st May 2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevgtr (Post 5309193)
Funny how folk can change opinion so easily based on a few sentences :) Makes you realise the power of various biased news channels and how easily they can influence people.

:lamer:

What a silly comment. If you read my posts I had already said I like the red stitching on the Recaro and really wanted that but also liked the look of the prestige. I was always 60/40 in favour of the prestige but Adam's comment about the whole interior being unbroken black echoed a thought I had already had.

Either that or my tiny brain was influenced by Adams post alone :thumbsup:

V-SpecII 31st May 2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevgtr (Post 5309193)
Funny how folk can change opinion so easily based on a few sentences :) Makes you realise the power of various biased news channels and how easily they can influence people.

These dudes explain your point exactly. :wavey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZohjYKGZJM

Monster GTR 1st June 2017 01:22 PM

To Cardiff R33.

Exeter have sold their black demo MY17 recaro but do have a new unregistered example in Black recaro if you are interested. They are about to register it as a new demo so be quick if you are keen and want to be the first owner.

Call 01392 411039 and ask for Adam GTR Specialist.

Adamantium 1st June 2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardiff R33 (Post 5309353)
:lamer:

Either that or my tiny brain was influenced by Adams post alone :thumbsup:

I warn you never to underestimate my powers!





Apologies for the typos and the sticking T on my home keyboard!

Cardiff R33 1st June 2017 06:36 PM

Thanks all. I rang Exeter but they sold both of theirs over the weekend. I have found one I like though so watch this space


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
http://www.Tyreforums.com


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.