GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Undecided.....map or not to map.... (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/516338-undecided-map-not-map.html)

Chippy_Jersey 2nd June 2017 08:07 PM

Undecided.....map or not to map....

I'm jumping on the overnight boat next Thursday and driving up to Litchfield to get the optimisation done and first service out of the way, so hopefully that'll be the servicing done for a year.

Question is, I've now fitted a RF Y-Pipe, so whilst I'm there, do you think I should get it mapped or leave it standard, on the basis it's only 6 months into the warranty period?

Having watched the ECUtech GT-R video, I'm thinking it might we worth getting.

Thoughts?

james_barker 2nd June 2017 08:10 PM

Mapped. No brainier

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ludez 2nd June 2017 08:18 PM

Mapped.

jrattan 2nd June 2017 08:22 PM

Map

snuffy 2nd June 2017 08:25 PM

It's about 600 or so as I recall (is that about right ?) and it will take you to around 570 horses. So it's cheap as chips for what you get.

Don't forget to tell your insurance company of course.

Trevgtr 2nd June 2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snuffy (Post 5313202)
It's about 600 or so as I recall (is that about right ?) and it will take you to around 570 horses. So it's cheap as chips for what you get.

Don't forget to tell your insurance company of course.

I think he's already got a quoted 570 bhp standard :)

Trevgtr 2nd June 2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chippy_Jersey (Post 5313146)
I'm jumping on the overnight boat next Thursday and driving up to Litchfield to get the optimisation done and first service out of the way, so hopefully that'll be the servicing done for a year.

Question is, I've now fitted a RF Y-Pipe, so whilst I'm there, do you think I should get it mapped or leave it standard, on the basis it's only 6 months into the warranty period?

Having watched the ECUtech GT-R video, I'm thinking it might we worth getting.

Thoughts?

You won't notice much if any difference with a stage 1 map, just a tiny bit screamier and maybe pull 20 feet or so over your stock car over half a mile or so.

It would also void the warranty for engine/gearbox issues, so an extra 1200 quid for the new warranty.

Has it not been optimised at all yet? The first one is at 1200 miles but they won't do the first service at that mileage, that's at 12 mnths or 9k miles. If you do over 9k miles per year you just get an oil change at 9k, then a service at 12k.

Chippy_Jersey 2nd June 2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevgtr (Post 5313242)
You won't notice much if any difference with a stage 1 map, just a tiny bit screamier and maybe pull 20 feet or so over your stock car over half a mile or so.

It would also void the warranty for engine/gearbox issues, so an extra 1200 quid for the new warranty.

Has it not been optimised at all yet? The first one is at 1200 miles but they won't do the first service at that mileage, that's at 12 mnths or 9k miles. If you do over 9k miles per year you just get an oil change at 9k, then a service at 12k.

I'll be at 1200 miles by the time I get there. Problem is, the boat both ways and overnight stay is 500. 12 months would be in 5 months time so seems like a no brainer not to get the service done now, albeit early.

Does the map include the ecutek bluetooth hardware or that an extra?

dudersvr 2nd June 2017 08:58 PM

Stage 5 !!!!!!

e8_pack 2nd June 2017 09:17 PM

Don't map

Simonh 2nd June 2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e8_pack (Post 5313274)
Don't map

Is what a moron would say

Trevgtr 2nd June 2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chippy_Jersey (Post 5313250)
I'll be at 1200 miles by the time I get there. Problem is, the boat both ways and overnight stay is 500. 12 months would be in 5 months time so seems like a no brainer not to get the service done now, albeit early.

Does the map include the ecutek bluetooth hardware or that an extra?

My previous GT-R was mapped by Litchfield but that was before the phone app thing was around, so I don't know but I expect it's extra. I paid extra at the time for an Ecutek cable.

Are you happy voiding stock warranty or would you want the extra warranty? A lot of people have the gearbox software too but you don't need it.

Trouble is, where are you going to take it for the 12mnth optimisation? It's due when the car is 12 mnths old, not 12 mnths following the 1200 mile optimisation. Normally the first service would be done at the same time as the 12 mnth optimisation.

There is a 620 mile tolerance allowed on the 1200 mile optimisation (so 1820 miles) and car must be less than 9 mnths old, and a +/- 2 mnth tolerance allowed on the 12 mnth optimisation (official NHPC tolerances).

Mookistar 2nd June 2017 10:34 PM

Can you really use the stock power in the island anyway?

Chippy_Jersey 2nd June 2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevgtr (Post 5313338)
My previous GT-R was mapped by Litchfield but that was before the phone app thing was around, so I don't know but I expect it's extra. I paid extra at the time for an Ecutek cable.

Are you happy voiding stock warranty or would you want the extra warranty? A lot of people have the gearbox software too but you don't need it.

Trouble is, where are you going to take it for the 12mnth optimisation? It's due when the car is 12 mnths old, not 12 mnths following the 1200 mile optimisation. Normally the first service would be done at the same time as the 12 mnth optimisation.

There is a 620 mile tolerance allowed on the 1200 mile optimisation (so 1820 miles) and car must be less than 9 mnths old, and a +/- 2 mnth tolerance allowed on the 12 mnth optimisation (official NHPC tolerances).

Now that's a bit of a bugger - didn't know that. I thought it was at the 1200 mile mark and then every 12 months. I might just have to suck it up and do another trip in November then, although the car had only covered 400 miles between last November and when I bought the car in April, so maybe I'll be able to pinch the date a bit. I don't do a huge mileage each year anyway - 4k at the most!

Tiler 3rd June 2017 07:30 AM

Just go all in stage4.

Adamantium 3rd June 2017 07:38 AM

Agree with Mook, it's pointless on such a tiny island with a 40mph speed limit.

Assuming you don't care about that, which you don't, do it.

It will feel much more torquey which regardless of power difference, you'll notice immediately. It may cost you your warranty but only on your engine, not the whole car.

dudersvr 3rd June 2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mookistar (Post 5313346)
Can you really use the stock power in the island anyway?

Can use twice stock in 1/4 mile !!!!!!

Trevgtr 4th June 2017 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudersvr (Post 5313954)
Can use twice stock in 1/4 mile !!!!!!

Haha good point :)

WingedBeast1968 4th June 2017 09:24 PM

Map it :clap::thumbsup: