Question about MY11-13 Prices - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th June 2017, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
NeedMoreSpin is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: '05 Honda Civic Type-R, '98 Mazda RX-7
Question about MY11-13 Prices

Hi chaps!

I'm new to the forum (and soon-to-be new to GT-R ownership). I'm looking for an 11 to 13 plate, sub-25k mile example and looking to spend up to £55k for the right one.

I'm curious as to what sort of prices people are paying for these (I mean actually paying, not sticker prices). Good ones seem to be moving on autotrader from what I've seen and there's not a ton of options around the requirements I have... I'm thinking this is going to impact my ability to haggle when I find one I like. Are actual cash prices pretty close to dealer sticker prices or are you guys still getting them to drop sticker price down significantly?

I'd love to hear back from people's experiences here as I'm hoping to start viewing at the weekend and I'd be more confident viewing with some knowledge of how other people have done when buying used.

Cheers!
Will64 likes this.
Old 8th June 2017, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
twobadmice is loving the banter on here
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

I think it depends on spec! The state of tune generally makes it more expensive. Your budget will see you with a decent car up to stage 4.25 I would have thought.
Old 8th June 2017, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager

Cars owned: R 35 GTR
Often the sticker price is what they are selling for as these cars sell well. I think there maybe a bit more play on a private sale but dealers don't seem to be struggling to sell them

Old 8th June 2017, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREG View Post
Often the sticker price is what they are selling for as these cars sell well. I think there maybe a bit more play on a private sale but dealers don't seem to be struggling to sell them
That's what I feared... It makes sense though... and hopefully on the flip side, the same logic applies to me once I've made the purchase - hopefully I won't lose too much money on it.

Cheers for the feedback so far, I'd still like to hear more if anyone else has recent purchase experience.
Old 8th June 2017, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Will64 is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Noble m12, Audi b7 Rs4, Mercedes C63, Range Rover Evoque, R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreSpin View Post
Hi chaps!

I'm new to the forum (and soon-to-be new to GT-R ownership). I'm looking for an 11 to 13 plate, sub-25k mile example and looking to spend up to £55k for the right one.

I'm curious as to what sort of prices people are paying for these (I mean actually paying, not sticker prices). Good ones seem to be moving on autotrader from what I've seen and there's not a ton of options around the requirements I have... I'm thinking this is going to impact my ability to haggle when I find one I like. Are actual cash prices pretty close to dealer sticker prices or are you guys still getting them to drop sticker price down significantly?

I'd love to hear back from people's experiences here as I'm hoping to start viewing at the weekend and I'd be more confident viewing with some knowledge of how other people have done when buying used.

Cheers!
You should get a decent MY14 for 55k
Old 9th June 2017, 04:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Smileygtr is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

I paid 52k for my 62 plate..with litchfield stage 1 and full litchfield history.. 27k on it.. also has nismo alcantera steering wheel and the £1600 audison speaker upgrade..

Might be sellin if interested??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170608_165409_1496983514502.jpg (544.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 9th June 2017, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sir Diffsalot is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

I have my my11 nearly a year to the day. Paid £48700 and it was advertised £50000, it was a litchfield stage 1 with full service history and 33000 miles
Old 9th June 2017, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
jrattan is currently Stage 1 My11

I knocked a grand off the dealer sticker price too. But some weren't so friendly.
Old 10th June 2017, 04:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Kieranrob is MY11 GT-R

I have had my MY11 GT-R just over 3 years and I paid 52k for it with 18k on the clock from a dealer and it was advertised at 53k

I have tuned it to stage 4.25 through JM Imports and Litchfield and it's now sitting at around 28k on the clock. I would imagine it's worth around 48k-50k which is not a bad investment over three years and I can't see the prices dropping much more over the next few years.

Keep an eye out on the R35 sale section on here there is usually a few good ones that pop up from a forum member.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Monster GTR is Full member

Cars owned: Many inc 2010 GTR, Litchfield Type 25, Sapp Cos Power Engineering 2400, Capri Turbo Technics
NEEDMORESPIN. Are you looking for a standrad car or modified?
Old 10th June 2017, 08:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster GTR View Post
NEEDMORESPIN. Are you looking for a standrad car or modified?
Cheers for all the replies so far guys, especially the ones that have provided some numbers, it's started to give me a good idea of prices and is exactly what I hoped to see.

Monster GTR; I'd prefer either unmodified or lightly modified (stage 1) but I wouldn't exclude anything higher if the other specs were right.
Old 10th June 2017, 10:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
jds123 is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

March this year I got an my11 stage 1 with 46k on the clock for £44k. It was from a non Nissan dealership who even gave me a discount when it went through the Mot and they found out the cat had been removed!!!
Old 10th June 2017, 12:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
R35 Boxer is loving the MY17 LM900!

Cars owned: LM850 GTR, Audi RS6, Range Rover Vogue, Bentley Mulsanne
Have a look in the for sale section, I've got my old MY10 GTR for sale with complete MY15 conversion and a brand new MY17 engine, gearbox and brakes from my new car.
Old 10th June 2017, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
roscop123 is unaware they can edit their status

I have a my13 maybe for sale .. bit higher than 25k though its 36k ....iv just paid to go stage 4.25 in april 2017 but change in circumstances come august may have to sell :-(
Old 11th June 2017, 10:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
AndyE14 is Enjoying my new Orange GTR

Cars owned: GTR R35
I have a Daytona Blue 11 Plate, Just under 27k miles from new currently, unmodified in any way, 1 owner from new and full service history with recent brake and front disk (Alcon) replacement plus new OEM tyres (3rd set from new) in March. Fitted Yellow Top battery a couple of years ago and have Tracker and Reversing Cam.

I am thinking of ordering an 18 model and best used prices tend to peak around summer so considering selling now, and just using the Mrs car for a few months. Valuation seems a bit tricky though as Pistonheads and Autotrader prices are all over the place.

I currently also have Rays VR on but would switch back to the standard wheels and keep the Rays for the new car.

Last edited by AndyE14; 11th June 2017 at 11:02 AM..
AndyE14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 03:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Trevgtr is eating tyres and drinking 99ron, expensive diet, rapidly approaching 100k miles in R35's
GTROC Member

46k I'd say Andy, what were you thinking?
Old 11th June 2017, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
AndyE14 is Enjoying my new Orange GTR

Cars owned: GTR R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevgtr View Post
46k I'd say Andy, what were you thinking?
Yea that seems to me to be in roughly the right ballpark, I was thinking maybe a little more up to maybe £47k if I had the stonechips at the front etc. fixed so that the paintwork was pristine all round (the front seems a bit of a stonechip magnet).

Hww easy are they to shift privately, it's a pretty chunky spend for a private sale and haven't sold anything privately more pricey than my old 350z Roadster?
Old 11th June 2017, 06:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
NELLEE is Attracted to women half his age and half is weight!

I bought in March my MY 12 on a private sale for 50k was advertised at 52K with only 9k miles from new, in standard spec.
Old 12th June 2017, 04:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
OnTheMonson is unaware they can edit their status
GT-RDC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE14 View Post
I have a Daytona Blue 11 Plate, Just under 27k miles from new currently, unmodified in any way, 1 owner from new and full service history with recent brake and front disk (Alcon) replacement plus new OEM tyres (3rd set from new) in March. Fitted Yellow Top battery a couple of years ago and have Tracker and Reversing Cam.

I am thinking of ordering an 18 model and best used prices tend to peak around summer so considering selling now, and just using the Mrs car for a few months. Valuation seems a bit tricky though as Pistonheads and Autotrader prices are all over the place.

I currently also have Rays VR on but would switch back to the standard wheels and keep the Rays for the new car.
Hi Andy, If you are looking to sell could you drop me a PM with some pics, I'm new to the forum and in the market for such a car!
Thanks,
Pete
Old 13th June 2017, 12:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Users

Cheers for the feedback guys, especially those kind enough to share their purchasing price figures.

I've found one and paid up for it, waiting to collect/have it delivered in the next few days.

13 plate, 13k miles, mostly stock. £55k from a dealer, no real movement on price as feared! Managed a little more on my p/x only.

Can't wait!