GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - A tale of two Skylines.
View Single Post
Old 6th March 2017, 03:47 PM   #82 (permalink)
Red Duke
Red Duke is renovating and upgrading!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: QM1 R33 GTR & Toyota GT86 daily
Thumbs up

Thank you.

There are so many great cars on here for inspiration, it is difficult to think what to do first! I'm happy to finally be in a position I can buy a few bits more often, or save up for the bigger stuff, without sacrificing my other hobbies. Ultimate goal is still my homage to the S-Tune / 400R cars, hopefully 'finished' by 2020 for the 25th anniversary of the launch of the R33 GTR. I'd like a streetable 500bhp with good response, while sticking to Nismo parts as much as possible! I don't think you can get the Nismo R1/R2 cams separately? Hence thinking about the Tomei type A or B's. I think the A's are better for lower HP cars, better low-mid range torque?

I forgot to add HPI R35 AFM adaptors, so they'll go on the next order, along with the meters from eBay. I may well grab the Supertec kit for the R35 coilpacks too, should be better than the Splitfires, and cheaper than the Okada(?) plasma coilpacks! Another great upgrade I hear! I'll get my under seat sub fitted soon too, might do that Monday if I'm not on OT money grabbing again!

I wouldn't mind getting the car to a meet this year. Never been to one (or any shows) so, maybe this year. Needs a good polish first though!