GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/general-nissan-r35-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   Thoughts after one day with an MY17 (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/520770-thoughts-after-one-day-my17.html)

Cardiff R33 24th June 2017 10:33 PM

Thoughts after one day with an MY17

Well I was lucky enough to collect my black MY17 Recaro today and drive around 300 miles home. Within twenty five miles I had rung Russ fellows for a Y pipe :chuckle: the car is great, feels solid, well built and alot more refined and quiet in the cabin. The gear change is quiet and smooth and seeks to be a lot les clunky.

All in all I am really happy. My M3 loving friend admitted he could see why I had gone for another and that it's a lot nicer than previous years.

I bought it from Desira in Norwich and would recommend the sale guy Rocky and the manager Craig. I had a small issue with a stone chip on the chrome below the front badge and they are replacing that with no questions asked. Definitely reccomend them, especially over other dealer that didn't even ring me back! Not sure how they will sell a car if they dont communicate with potential buyers :eek:

Now to save some money for brakes, thinking of a used Alcon kit, then some more Tesco focused tyres, maybe suspension and then some Litchfield carbon

Chronos 25th June 2017 09:47 AM

congrats!! get some pics up chap :D

Venner 25th June 2017 10:05 AM

What colour did you go for? Also need to see pics.

Cardiff R33 25th June 2017 10:37 AM

Pics on my other thread boys

TAZZMAXX 25th June 2017 11:19 AM

What are Tesco focussed tyres??

Simonh 25th June 2017 11:32 AM

For burnouts in the car park :D

Cardiff R33 25th June 2017 01:43 PM

Ha ha sorry track

TAZZMAXX 25th June 2017 04:04 PM

I prefer Simonh's explanation:)

Trevgtr 25th June 2017 04:30 PM

Congrats, any thoughts on the ASE? (you can only hear it with at least 1 switch in R mode).

I found it a big deal, but nobody else seems to even realise it exists, so maybe Nissan did a good job?

Cardiff R33 25th June 2017 05:44 PM

Haven't driven it a huge amount in R modes but haven't noticed it to be honest. Can't tell much difference with the exhaust valve open or closed either

Nismogtir400 25th June 2017 06:07 PM

Yeah, I noticed that there us not much difference in the exhaust noise with the valve open or closed....even when I had an Audi rs4, you could tell when you pressed the Sports button....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardiff R33 (Post 5342962)
Haven't driven it a huge amount in R modes but haven't noticed it to be honest. Can't tell much difference with the exhaust valve open or closed either

Trevgtr 25th June 2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardiff R33 (Post 5342962)

Okay, interesting, it's actually a very loud trumpet noise played through the speakers, you won't actually hear the true exhaust note at all from inside the car, the ASE overwhelms it. Still amazed nobody notices it! Even Journalists don't pick up that it's a fake noise.

Cardiff R33 25th June 2017 07:33 PM

Does the valve open itself does anyone know?

neo786 25th June 2017 08:09 PM

Looks like it does from the manual:

To close the electronic control valve, push the
exhaust sound control switch to the ON side.

To open the electronic control valve, push the
exhaust sound control switch to the OFF side.

When the engine speed is 2,800 rpm or more,
the electronic control valve opens. When the
engine speed is 2,500 rpm or less, the
electronic control valve closes.

When R mode is set after the ignition switch is
placed in the ON position, even if the exhaust
sound control switch is ON, the electronic
control valve opens.

Would be interested to get your feedback on the Russ Fellows Y-Pipe when you get it installed.

Will64 25th June 2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardiff R33 (Post 5343090)
Does the valve open itself does anyone know?

Valve does make quite a difference especially with a y pipe fitted. Valve switch needs to set to open and if transmission or traction are in R mode then valve is permanently open otherwise it's at about 2750rpm that it opens.

Cardiff R33 25th June 2017 09:42 PM

Ok thanks both. Will feedback once I have the y pipe

Chippy_Jersey 27th June 2017 07:36 PM

Got the RF on my 2017 - Waaaayyyyy better once the valve opens but still nice and quiet around town (or leaving the house early in the morning!)

neo786 27th June 2017 07:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback :)

I take it that you have a non-resonated version? How is the drone?