Car now been mapped OMG!!!!!!! - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25th July 2017, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Cars owned: Whole new build coming soon, watch this space.
Car now been mapped OMG!!!!!!!

Well the boys at AC have excelled themselves the car is far better than I had hoped, its extremely quick, silky smooth in both trans and engine, hi revving and above all quiet (94db @ 5000rpm) and very comfortable ( thanks hugh for the DSC ) Was it worth 20K? Hell yes its transformed into a proper GT car that is useable and very very quick. The whole AC experience was an absolute pleasure despite the bad news about needing a new block and the delays with the parts I ordered resulting in losing build slots but the wait was worth it.

The best way to describe the car IMO is if someone drove it for the first time and went and bought a stage 4 car they would be very disappointing with the ride, handling and above all performance, I cant even unleash the full potential until the box is built but im pretty confident in a 9 at the Pod first time out, it feels soooo much quicker than when it ran a 10.3 (asthmatic at the top, now just pulls to 8200 hard)

Next move TOTB in RWD, it will work well or the RWD will bite me in the arse but its all fun. Build thread coming soon
Old 25th July 2017, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Stealth69 is touching himself furiously in a desperate bid to get warm
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Sounds epic sunshine look forward to seeing it in action!
Old 25th July 2017, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hugh Keir is getting old
New Users

Cars owned: R32 GTR Race Car
Can't wait to see you launch at TOTB, need to see some more epic pictures of your car launching

Old 25th July 2017, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chris**** is hiding
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Dont suppose you are the same guy running 10 sec supras back in 2002 ish?
Old 25th July 2017, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cro
Cro is On the hunt

Sounds class, have you any previous threads on the car or still to do one?
Old 25th July 2017, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chronos is ripping up the tarmac with Godzilla ALL year round
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: R35 Black Edition
wooo congrats chap!
R35 GT-R Black Edition ACSpeedtech remap/Forged Engine-Carrillo rods/CP pistons/HKS cams Dodson:Linney HD gearset uprated gearbox +2013software/Greddy Intercooler/Russ Fellows exhaust+Downpipes/ASNU 1050 Injectors/ACSpeedtech intakes/MPS4S 265~305/Alcon Extreme duty discs+Hawk pads
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
TREG is the man to speak to about photographing your wedding!
R35 Section manager

Cars owned: RS6, R35 GTR, R33 GTR
£20k **** ****!!!

Whats the spec mate?
Old 25th July 2017, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris**** View Post
Dont suppose you are the same guy running 10 sec supras back in 2002 ish?
Yup
14022008048.jpg
Huzzy1 and dcp2 like this.
Old 25th July 2017, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
55chev is The only true wisdom is in knowing you knownothing my17 Kuro Black 4.25

Congrats dude,what was your thinking in going with AC over other tuners/builders,just asking/
Old 25th July 2017, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREG View Post
£20k **** ****!!!

Whats the spec mate?
Well the build started off as the AC paranoia build, fully balanced and forged and mapped all oils inc as well as trans etc but turned out the block was cracked so had to buy a new block, crank, oil pump and timing chains and gears, we also decided to massively future proof by going Extreme 20 plate clutch which is £5K on its own and a full billet girdle to hold the crank in with ARP bolts mains and head, the whole lot should be good for over 1000hp when the box is built and the TSM pro elite turbos are fitted, at the moment Id like to think were nudging 800hp 720 ftlbs, it had AC Speedtech Intercooler and Owen turbos before it went up which I had added to a Stage 4 Litchfield car as it was when purchased. We could have changed exhaust wheels and run more boost (1.9 bar at moment) and we would hopefully be looking at 850hp which is prob a nice place to be but I know the TSM will do everything I want and more, they have a best 1/4 of 8.1.

Original price would have been 10/11K
Paranoia build £8K inc
Extreme 16 plate 2K
Valvesprings £720
Clutch fitting ???

But add
New block, crank, pump and chains £5K
Girdle £1500
Machining for girdle £720
20 plate clutch upgrade +£3K
and it soon mounts up
gtr mart, fozi.g and WarrenA like this.

Last edited by dudersvr; 25th July 2017 at 08:06 PM..
dudersvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 07:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro View Post
Sounds class, have you any previous threads on the car or still to do one?
Waiting for more engine build pics and then will do a history of it up to now but intending to go fully built trans, wavetrac diffs, billet front diff and uprated shafts, midas propshaft as well as brake cooling and maybe a diff cooler to compliment the trans cooler I have made for it.
Hugh Keir likes this.
Old 25th July 2017, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
motors is unaware they can edit their status

Great build go enjoy stay safe !!!!
dudersvr likes this.
Old 25th July 2017, 07:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
R35 Section manager

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudersvr View Post
Well the build started off as the AC paranoia build, fully balanced and forged and mapped all oils inc as well as trans etc but turned out the block was cracked so had to buy a new block, crank, oil pump and timing chains and gears, we also decided to massively future proof by going Extreme 20 plate clutch which is £5K on its own and a full billet girdle to hold the crank in with ARP bolts mains and head, the whole lot should be good for over 1000hp when the box is built and the TSM pro elite turbos are fitted, at the moment Id like to think were nudging 800hp 720 ftlbs, it had AC Speedtech Intercooler and Owen turbos before it went up which I had added to a Stage 4 Litchfield car as it was when purchased. We could have changed exhaust wheels and run more boost (1.9 bar at moment) and we would hopefully be looking at 850hp which is prob a nice place to be but I know the TSM will do everything I want and more, they have a best 1/4 of 8.1.

Yessssssssss!!

Where in West Sussex are you I need to see this monster?
Old 25th July 2017, 08:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55chev View Post
Congrats dude,what was your thinking in going with AC over other tuners/builders,just asking/
Having dealt with them and fitting their own intercooler I went up and got it remapped this time last year, really really good bunch of lads and all very talented and very up on GTR's ex master Tech and Gary was a bit of a big cheese in Nissan and was in charge of a lot of stuff to do with the GTR when they first came out, he was part of Middlehurst, Ive built many Supra motors and Chevy's but didnt know enough about the clearances needed to make these live so at the price AC did a group buy for the 'Paranoia' build it was a no brainer, I would have been only a few £££ better off doing it myself. When talking to them I know enough to just KNOW this was going to be a special build and they stand by their work, 14 forged motors now (this year) and not one problem at all, I know of no other traders who can say the same. There was a thread re some turbos they fitted and long story short the fitted 2 more sets at their expense and turns out it was a problem with the actual car engine that goosed them !!! So your in safe hands.
All of them are passionate about the quality of work and genuinely get a kick out of making the customer happy and they do NOT count every last penny like some, I cant recommend highly enough and would not go anywhere else for work I cannot do myself.
55chev and billythefish like this.

Last edited by dudersvr; 25th July 2017 at 10:52 PM..
dudersvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 08:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Quote:
Yessssssssss!!

Where in West Sussex are you I need to see this monster?
Im Crawley area dude, always up for a meet. You need to drive it to see how comfortable it is (on runflats)
TREG likes this.
Old 25th July 2017, 08:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
55chev is The only true wisdom is in knowing you knownothing my17 Kuro Black 4.25

Quote:
Having dealt with them and fitting their own intercooler I went up and got it remapped this time last year, really really good bunch of lads and all very talented and very up on GTR's ex master Tech and Gary was a bit of a big cheese in Nissan and was in charge of a lot of stuff to do with the GTR when they first came out, he was part of Middlehurst, Ive built many Supra motors and Chevy's but didnt know enough about the clearances needed to make these live so at the price AC did a group buy for the 'Paranoia' build it was a no brainer, I would have been only a few £££ better off doing it myself. When talking to them I know enough to just KNOW this was going to be a special build and they stand by their work, 14 forged motors now and not one problem at all. There was a thread re some turbos they fitted and long story short the fitted 2 more sets at their expense and turns out it was a problem with the actual car engine that goosed them !!! So your in safe hands.
All of them are passionate about the quality of work and genuinely get a kick out of making the customer happy and they do NOT count every last penny like some, I cant recommend highly enough and would not go anywhere else for work I cannot do myself.
Well thats real good to hear dude,far to often its only the negative stuff we get to here about ,always like it when someone praises a company or person..fair play enjoy!!
Old 25th July 2017, 08:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
R35 Section manager

Talking

Quote:
Im Crawley area dude, always up for a meet. You need to drive it to see how comfortable it is (on runflats)

Just down the road from me-40 minutes ish.
Lets get a meet sorted
Old 25th July 2017, 08:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Quote:
Just down the road from me-40 minutes ish.
Lets get a meet sorted
Where are you? I seem to be getting more and more GTR's for work LOL Im away the weekend racing it at TOTB and charity track day at Brands on tuesday, but im around most of the time.
TREG likes this.
Old 25th July 2017, 08:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Stotty251 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Can't wait to see this at the weekend. Are you there Saturday and Sunday?
Old 25th July 2017, 10:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
dudersvr is A Legend
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stotty251 View Post
Can't wait to see this at the weekend. Are you there Saturday and Sunday?
Yeah I always do the whole weekend